Why do people do DR/SR killer races then complain?

England
St helens, merseyside, England.
crazybuttocks198
Crazybuttocks19
You see it a few times on Daily Race Discusion where people do Tokyo, Monza, Blue Moon Oval, Nordschleife and then complain about big DR/SR hits. Seriously what is the thinking behind this?. Nordshleife i understand but everything else.

LOL...I kind of wonder the same thing. I have a tendency to stay away from those types of tracks, opting rather to run qualifying laps to improve my familiarity with them, hoping to build up the “courage” to actually race some of them. Of course, I don’t have a lot of DR to spare if I want to maintain my lowly status as a DR/B. SR I’m not worried about, as I have an easier time making up those points.

For me the moans about those tracks come from the fact they come up quite frequently as daily races so for us low levels trying to improve
(currently DR-D/SR-S) it's very hard to get improvements due to the rammers and ending up shortcutting and getting penalties
as a result and as a result keep going backwards in the ratings.

If we had a more varied selection of the tracks used then it might create a better balance for the game and people might not have to
think about which races to take part in.

My no.1 rule for sport mode is don't worry about your ratings.

It's much easier on your constitution.

Trust me, I don't bother about my ratings at all when I'm racing, they are what they are but it is frustrating that I can't show my
proper potential because I feel I can do better compared to the other drivers I'm up against.

You see it a few times on Daily Race Discusion where people do Tokyo, Monza, Blue Moon Oval, Nordschleife and then complain about big DR/SR hits. Seriously what is the thinking behind this?. Nordshleife i understand but everything else.

Because they come up so much and if you avoid them every time you can't race much in Sport mode at the moment. :(

I think the whole point is that there shouldn't be any particular races that stand out as DR/SR killers to begin with.

If you only have 3 daily races and 2 of them are guaranteed to tank your ratings, then I won't really be playing much that day and hope tomorrow brings better races. There is plenty else to do, but for the most part, it's the daily races & FIA events that I get the most enjoyment from and keeps me coming back.

Why do people have children then do nothing but moan about having to care for them?

This is a huge pet peeve of mine. I have my own kids and when other parents try to relate to me by complaining about their kids I totally write them off. This is because A) They could just be horrible parents. Or, B) They're willing to throw their kid under the bus in a strange attempt to appeal to me.

It's like people who complain about Mondays. Don't complain to me about how you are dissatisfied with your life.

And in a tenuous attempt to tie this back into the topic, I race Monza because it's fun. For the most part I can have a reasonable normal race there as long as I survive the first lap. Even then though, I'm probably not leaving with a blue S. But that's fine, it a small price to pay and I can't complain about the SR drop when that course is a nightmare in real life as well.

Perhaps because people have only 1 evening to play the game per week, so you do the races the game offers...

I stay away from Monza, Tokyo and any Ovals. But I do get a little heated when I lose a lot of SR on tracks that shouldn't be chaotic. Like Gr.4 on Maggiore the other day - after 4 races I went from a 99 SR down to a 49 SR, mostly because of Turn 1. I would get hit from behind then hit someone, or I would be bumped and taken off the track.

Because they can be fun races, but people are bad at racing.

Perhaps because people have only 1 evening to play the game per week, so you do the races the game offers...

Valid reasons but what I am getting at is the moaning of loss and nothing else. Races can be enjoyable but it can be the same as putting uou hand in the fire (you know the results).

I tend to only avoid tracks I don't like rather than those that have the potential to be DR/SR wreckers. I love Monza, Nordschleife and some of the ovals as tracks thus I'll play them and if I get tanked then c'est la vie, from memory I've had big losses in DR/SR on pretty much every track I can think of at one time or other so for me I'll keep playing the tracks I like regardless of the potential perils that lie within.

It will be the same on most new tracks that come to the game, if Spa, Imola and Monaco :crazy: ever arrive, they will all have the potential for cataclysmic downgrades but it's not gonna stop me playing them.

I don't have a problem with those courses. They're actually quite fun if the flow of the race isn't disrupted. It's the occasional hooplehead that ruins it.

Those people who complain might try changing their perspective. Instead of complaining about it being a burden, look at it as a challenge to improve yourself. Got punted from pole position in T1 and now back to last? You got the speed, let's see how far up you can make it. Those tracks are challenging and most are well aware of what happens on L1 T1, adjust your line, it's not always right to defend your position.

I often get matched with a certain player who qualifies pretty well but takes very risky and aggressive passes. At suzuka, he tried an outside pass at the hairpin, cut in hard and basically put my front bumper into his door, he went on clean in 10th place and i got a 10 sec penalty, dropped to last but later passed him. Yesterday he qualified 5th I think? Final lap he bumped someone at T1 Monza and he had to slow way down, dropped somewhere below 10th. A few people in that room acknowledged that he ruins a lot of their races also. He's got good points for the season but seems to lack respect for other players, very much a "pass you at any and every turn" type of driver. Sorry for the rant.

To answer your question, I believe the thinking behind all the complaining is due to high expectations.

I just do time trials or play another game on those days. The best thing you can do is not to play the garbage races, because that's direct feedback to PD about which races are popular.

Final lap he bumped someone at T1 Monza and he had to slow way down, dropped somewhere below 10th. A few people in that room acknowledged that he ruins a lot of their races also. He's got good points for the season but seems to lack respect for other players, very much a "pass you at any and every turn" type of driver. Sorry for the rant.

That's the biggest issue in the game re. drivers. i don't come across a lot of rammers or plain silliness but too many drivers want to pass you instantly if you're slower than them. Well no, i have track position, line me up, get by and i will hold my line.

I am usually a bit slow through esses and I have drivers at Dragon Tail Gardens or Suzuka trying to pass me through there, I'm like, dude, there's one freaking line ... one .... sit behind me, focus on your exit and you should get me at the end of the straight but i'm not moving over mid way through the esses even if i am slow there. Then they nerf you off.

i don't come across a lot of rammers or plain silliness but too many drivers want to pass you instantly if you're slower than them. Well no, i have track position, line me up, get by and i will hold my line.

This is very true, many drivers will think; '...well I'm already on this guy so I should immediately try to pass' which often results in going for gaps that are not there. I'll always try to measure up the racer in front over a few corners before making a move. I am typically slower into corners and faster on exit but if someone behind me is faster in a slower out, the fact they are faster in does not equate to me having to give space or step aside if I have the line. The worst culprits are those who tail hog, flashing lights as they go, ironically it is often these who barge through only for you to catch them quickly and sometimes pressure them into a mistake.

GT should be able to provide good racing with all cars and tracks, I think.

And how should they do that? Each track is different. Monza T1 will always be more problematic than a high-speed T1 like at Suzuka. Just like in real life.

Back