Why do you guys like the AE86 so much??

• Thread starter SiRDelSol
  • 65 comments
I don't know what you're talking about. I got mine with 170K miles on body (23K on redtop engine) for $1700 in western WA. Parts are also easy to find, you must be looking in the wrong places. You can even order JDM parts through the dealer if you know the right places to go and have the part numbers.

hey perg are you in drift or grip: an online comp???

go to the old thread in this forum and click the links on the last posts....

Not yet, I've been too busy to get involved in that one yet. I'm planning on doing it when I have a chance though, maybe sometime this weekend. I'm really curious to see the results.

Originally posted by SiRDelSol
Please don't start any hate mail for this....but could someone explain to me what makes the AE86 so good? Its not a stellar looking car, its not overaly fast, its just a cheap FR car.

Stop right there...

Its cheap, its light, its rear wheel drive.

Thats all you need to know :D

Drifting, and in particular, learning to drift is expensive, in terms of broken engines, differentials, gearboxes, burnt tyres, and dented panels/broken chassis.

They also have a surprisingly well sorted chassis, and handle very well.

As to people paying "big money" for them, well over here in Australia, they're gettable for $5000AU (around 3k US) or less - a fully race prepped (ex japan drift car) is gettable for $15,000AU.

I guess its image...

You guys got the RX7s over there - that would probably be an easier to get hold of drift car, surely?

nutter.

Originally posted by pergatory
I don't know what you're talking about. I got mine with 170K miles on body (23K on redtop engine) for $1700 in western WA. Parts are also easy to find, you must be looking in the wrong places. You can even order JDM parts through the dealer if you know the right places to go and have the part numbers.

in washington it may be easy to find parts and cheap to buy, but down here in san diego ca, the cheapest ae86 ive seen was 2500. that may not SEEM expensive, but considering that the cars are 18+ years old, and the majority of them are in a decrepid state, thats outrageous pricing =[

and down here, its really hard to find parts unless you wanna order them from japan, which is quite a bit more expensive. =[

Latest Posts

Back