Why does Forza 5 seem forgotten about?

• Thread starter ALB123
  • 7 comments
United States
Massachusetts
My brother bought an XBox 1 and Forza 5 a couple of weeks before I bought my copy of GT6 for my PS3. These were the first consoles and first racing games/sims for both of us. He's been trying to convince me to get the XBox 1 and Forza 5 ever since and I've gotten to a point of boredom with GT6 that I'm actually considering it. There is one thing that bothers me, however, and maybe I'm incorrect. If so, please, set me straight. I don't confess to follow Forza 5 or Forza Horizon 2 news nearly as much as I do GT6.

I've been hearing about new cars being released for Forza Horizon 2, pretty much since the game was released. New cars and car packs are constantly being released. Forza 5, on the other hand, hasn't really gotten anything in comparison. I know that the Nordschleife and a city circuit track were given to Forza 5 owners.

I always thought Forza 5 was like a flagship title for XBox. Forza Horizon 2 is much more arcadey (my brothers words - he owns it, I don't), but it seems to get all the love. Is there a reason for this? Am I incorrect? I absolutely love the look/graphics of Forza 5, and knowing that Forza 6 is right around the corner is what's really got my attention right now. However, I know I would feel pretty crappy if Forza 6 were to come out and all the updated cars end up on Forza Horizon 3, not Forza 6.

Any thoughts or opinions are welcome. Thanks! 👍

Forza 5 received a lot of support for a year; in addition to the two tracks you mentioned, it got a third (Road America), plus a bunch of free cars in addition to the usual paid DLC. When Horizon 2 came out a year after the One/FM5 release, focus shifted to it. Now, with FM6 coming out - and the last DLC pack for Horizon 2 called "Playground Select" - it's a fair assumption that Horizon 2 support will likely stop as of September 15. The servers are still running (they're even running for FM2), but T10's (and, in a supplementary way, Playground's) focus tends to stick to whichever game is most recent.

FH2 is definitely less sim-like than FM5, but it's a nice breather for just that reason. They complement each other nicely. 👍

Forza 5 received a lot of support for a year; in addition to the two tracks you mentioned, it got a third (Road America), plus a bunch of free cars in addition to the usual paid DLC. When Horizon 2 came out a year after the One/FM5 release, focus shifted to it. Now, with FM6 coming out - and the last DLC pack for Horizon 2 called "Playground Select" - it's a fair assumption that Horizon 2 support will likely stop as of September 15. The servers are still running (they're even running for FM2), but T10's (and, in a supplementary way, Playground's) focus tends to stick to whichever game is most recent.

FH2 is definitely less sim-like than FM5, but it's a nice breather for just that reason. They complement each other nicely. 👍
Thanks for the response. I definitely have a big decision to make. I'm not a gamer - GT6 is the only game I play. If I buy an XBox 1 and Forza 6, I won't be getting a PS4 and GT7 (whenever the heck it ever comes out). Everything I keep reading about Forza 6, like the lists of cars GTPlanet posts in the News section, just sounds so much more exciting than doing the same old thing on GT6 over and over. I do love GT6, but I'm sure I would love Forza just as much in no time. The sounds...the graphics...the current cars!! :crazy: :eek: :D

Thanks for the response. I definitely have a big decision to make. I'm not a gamer - GT6 is the only game I play. If I buy an XBox 1 and Forza 6, I won't be getting a PS4 and GT7 (whenever the heck it ever comes out). Everything I keep reading about Forza 6, like the lists of cars GTPlanet posts in the News section, just sounds so much more exciting than doing the same old thing on GT6 over and over. I do love GT6, but I'm sure I would love Forza just as much in no time. The sounds...the graphics...the current cars!! :crazy: :eek: :D

I understand. I was in the same position a few years ago; after being underwhelmed in some ways with GT5, I started seeing info for FM4 popping up in the summer of 2011, and got pretty excited. I took the plunge and grabbed a 360 for a really good deal with FM3 included, about a week before FM4. It doesn't take very long to get accustomed to one versus the other (since I did swap between the two, and GT6 once it released), and both have their strengths. I won't get into the details of those all too much - we have dedicated versus threads for that - but I think the decision to play both was the right one, for me any way. I love driving games, so limiting myself to one seems silly in hindsight. The Horizon series has proven to be a lot of fun too, since it's just the right level of casual to keep me entertained when I'm not in the mood to hunt for tenths on a track.

Given the lack of any hint of GT on PS4, I put the plans of buying that on the backburner and got a One back in May, so I could play games I actually want to play now. Whenever GT7 does show up - and I mean on shelves, not at conventions - then I'll look into buying a PS4, and definitely see when the next system price drop is going to happen. There are other games I like on PlayStation, and I'd rather play multi-platforms on there since more friends are on Team Sony, but racing games are my main draw, and I haven't been disappointed with the One yet.

Oh, and as the person writing all those Forza articles the past month or so, glad I could help! :P

I got the xbone as a gift, so i can't really comment on your position exactly (i'll probably be getting a ps4 when gt7 comes at some point), but if you had to choose between either an xbone or ps4: Go and check whether you like the other exclusives on the platform, don't base your decision just on forza vs gt.

*At the moment* i would say an xbone, since personally i'm enjoying FM5 (and FH2!!) a lot, and we really can't say when GT7 is coming (might be 2018 or later for all we know). But, if you think you'd enjoy stuff like Bloodborne up untill GT7, get the PS4 instead :)

F5 was overall not perceived very well and "forgotten" because the previous game (F4) had almost 700 cars, Auction house, store front, many more tracks, and quite a few other options. F4 was truly an amazing game and still is to this day.

F5 was rushed to hit the deadline of the X1 release. Thus, it only had about 200 cars at launch, very few tracks, no auction house, no store front, and had a fair amount of bugs. Along with quite a few unfinished cars and features. Graphics were incredible and the physics were improved. But, as mentioned before, it was more of a glorified demo compared to F4. As long as you are enjoying it that's all that counts.

FH2 is an absolute blast and I highly recommend it for a game that's just plain....FUN! Offroad freedom with dynamic night day cycle and weather. Again its just plain fun and very rewarding.

F6 is looking beyond incredible.

When it comes down to it... CONTENT

I did a 100% of Forza 4. Every race. Gold. True 1st place.

In Forza 5 I did a close as to it 97.5%? But a lot was the fake 3rd place or better gold. And some races I just didnt enjoy... eg. I havent done the track cars Le mans as the only car available for poor people, the Ariel V8 doesnt have a good top end speed.

I also have a very poor continuing impression of F5. I booted up F4 and the menu music and presentation just looks classy and inviting. The F5 menus looks like... Blah here it is. Play it, Dont play it, we dont care.

To use an analogy... GTA San Andreas is to me the greatest GTA of all time.

I kinda see what they're trying to do with GTA4 with the new hardware, new engine and realistic physics but its nowhere near the magnificence that is GTA4... sure the engine is older as is the hardware but man... there's no comparison.

F5 and GTA4 are ok. But they will never been the greatest things Turn 10 and Rockstar have ever done. That's F4 and GTA:SA.

I'm hoping GTA5 and Forza 6 are the same analogs. I'm pretty sure they will be. They just are both the best of their genres right now.

Back