Why does my Bob do it?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ImprezaAddict
  • 28 comments
  • 1,565 views
Messages
1,872
Colombia
Bogotá
Messages
GTP_Suitan (w/ an i), SultanRS4
when i put b-spec and race, i put Push and Overtake. instead of overtaking AI Bob just crashes into them and the AI get a speed boost and then i dont win.
How do i fix it?
 
ImprezaAddict
when i put b-spec and race, i put Push and Overtake. instead of overtaking AI Bob just crashes into them and the AI get a speed boost and then i dont win.
How do i fix it?
You a-spec it!:sly:
 
lol.

Note 1 - Bob sucks at overtaking. Even when his battle skill is increased he doesn't really improve.

Note 2 - if it's a small race; A-Spec it
 
I'm sure that answer has helped him no end, the more you use B-Spec the better your B-Spec driver get's, you can see his stats by checking your gamestatus in your home. A couple of points, the harder you push B-Spec (ie the speed you tell him to drive at 1-5) the more likely he is to make stupid mistakes, it's normally best to have him set to 3 or 4 depending on the car and your drivers experience. The only other explenation would be that your not telling him to overtake like you think you are, I'm sure you have done but since you never specified I'd double check that you are doing the right things, if you are then it's probably down to the drivers experience.

He never becomes an expert at overtaking, but he does get better at it, mine never bumps into the back of an AI car before attempting an overtaking manouver. He used to, but he doesn't anymore, but theres still plenty of times when he's kept back where a perfectly sound overtaking chance has come and gone.
 
B-Spec Bob is an idiot. If you tell him to drive as fast as he can, he'll crash. A lot.

As the others here have said, the more you use him, the better he'll get, but he'll never be "smart," by any means. If he keeps on crashing in a certain car, keep on lowering the number until he doesn't crash.
 
opendriver19a
You a-spec it!:sly:

i suck at some tracks in a-spec and i gota use my Bob

so it happens to all of you? interesting

So its all our Bobs
 
I usually B-spec long endurance races or championships, otherwise, it's A-spec all the way.

And, yeah, Bob is an idiot. No matter how many points you have or how good skills he has got.
 
He often does that if his car is too powerful for the race. When his top speed is similar to the opposition he doesn't ram them as often and pulls out to overtake in time. Unfortunately he does not often win from the back of the grid unless he has a big performance advantage, in a short race.

The only real solution that I have found is to give him even more power. Then he can punt them but still overtake them.
 
I treat my B-spec driver like a fill-in driver... when I go into the pit-stop lane I normally switch to him so I can take a break and chill, or so I thought... well actually what really happens is that he starts driving like the other cars and loses the crazy lead that I worked so hard to get, and cuts the lead from 6sec to 1.5sec or so, so if you want to experience a heart attack, just use your B-spec driver and watch him destroy your win ratio...
 
Yeah, I A-spec the first 10 or 20 laps in an Endurance, or at least untill the first pit stop to make sure I'm ahead of everyone before switching over to B-spec mode (in which I case I use B-spec mode at Cruise).
 
Yes, on endurances, it's optimal that you A-spec the first laps then switch to B-spec after you have gained a strong lead.

More or less, B-spec is only useful when you mostly do endurance runs.

As for improving your B-spec driver, it takes far too long for what it actually awards you for.

Whether Kazunori Yamauchi and his fellow Developers like it or not, B-spec is only new to Gran Turismo and has very dismal A.I capabilities at this point in time.
 
darkdragoon7
I treat my B-spec driver like a fill-in driver... when I go into the pit-stop lane I normally switch to him so I can take a break and chill, or so I thought... well actually what really happens is that he starts driving like the other cars and loses the crazy lead that I worked so hard to get, and cuts the lead from 6sec to 1.5sec or so, so if you want to experience a heart attack, just use your B-spec driver and watch him destroy your win ratio...


:lol:👍
 
Bob really could use some impovements for GT5. the overtaking part, drives me absoultly nuts. but most of the time, im a-spec ing. b-spec only for enduro races. no need to use bob for anything else.

bob = sucks
 
I think that Bob (I still don't know why it's called like this) should learn by Ai techniques like CBR (case-based-reasoning) or GA (genetic algorithms).

With these simple techniques, that Volvo with 1 million B-Spec Km should be pratically unbeatable if it used to race in nurb.

CBR adapts similar solutions to known problems.
GA throws random solutions at first, sorts, elects the top 20% (or other percentage) and generates a new pack of solution by crossing those 20% better solutions in previous generations. It goes and goes until it cannot converge it anymore, thus resulting in a "near-optimal" solution.
 
I agree. B-spec Bozo (as mine is affectionatly known) does not overtake very well at all (even with 8093 points 79 battle skill). A-spec short ones, b-spec enduros and really easy races if you're lazy!!!!
 
The reason Bob sux at overtaking is usually he doesn't brake in time or there isn't enouhg room for him to over take but usually i find that he always skids off at the left hand sweeper @ Infineon Sports
 
I think the biggest misnomer around here is "AI". The "AI" has about as much intelligence as the military....
 
ah bob, there should be a sticky thread for bob-bashing! *looks towards admins*

back on topic. I use bob for ATM races (yes i know, ATM = bad, so sue me). but I A-Spec ALL races, if I need a break to chill and re-focus, then thats what the START button is for! I always run a series in A-Spec first, if I can't win it and get frustrated, then I go do another series, and come back to it.
 
Theres a trick to overtaking, ive found. Wait until bob gets right up the back of the car in front, as he gets closer hit overtake, at about half your car's length away. Plus, I tend to tune my cars so that he blitzes threm all on the straight, sweet :sly: .


Alex.
 
i used bob till I fenagled my way into the licences. i have him over 8300 and with still levels in the 90's. I have a track skill of 99!

a tip i ran into is to slap the stock suspension back on the car if your using b-spec. he does a hell of a lot better.
 
Sniffs
a tip i ran into is to slap the stock suspension back on the car if your using b-spec. he does a hell of a lot better.

The makes sense I guess, he would be programmed to use the stock suspension to its best, as there is no way of programming him for all available suspension settings. Did that make sense?
 
Yup 👍 , definetely, but bob's biggest problem is not staying on the road, is OVERTAKING!!!:banghead:


Ciao...
 
ImprezaAddict
when i put b-spec and race, i put Push and Overtake. instead of overtaking AI Bob just crashes into them and the AI get a speed boost and then i dont win.
How do i fix it?

put it this way bob sucks
 
GT Pro
Whether Kazunori Yamauchi and his fellow Developers like it or not, B-spec is only new to Gran Turismo and has very dismal A.I capabilities at this point in time.

arent all the other ai cars like bob doing that aswell
 
I have concluded this: The B-Spec Bob in Gran Turismo 4 is retarded. No matter what you do or how high your level is, Bob will still be retarded.
Polyphony Digital better improve our Bobs in GT5 if they put B-Spec
 
ImprezaAddict
I have concluded this: The B-Spec Bob in Gran Turismo 4 is retarded. No matter what you do or how high your level is, Bob will still be retarded.
Polyphony Digital better improve our Bobs in GT5 if they put B-Spec

I like the way you used the word "retarded".......:lol:
 
GT4_Rule
I like the way you used the word "retarded".......:lol:

Well ih I wouldve used bad then Bob would at least stay more on the track and crash loads less
 
FastEddie12
I think the biggest misnomer around here is "AI". The "AI" has about as much intelligence as the military....


ok we all know bob is an idiot

but the military isnt. the guy running the military is.
 
Back