Why does my DR rating drop when other go-carters hit me?

• Thread starter ianF-69
  • 9 comments
ianF-69
I try my best to stay clean in cart racing but find it impossible to avoid contact...but i feel i am penalised unfairly when others push me off track..my DR rating drops from B to C after every carting session but i never hit any other cart..they hit me but i take the penalty..why?

That’s racing. IRL when two cars make contact, both incur damage not just the car at fault. Sometimes incidents happen. Dust off and move onto the next race.

Depends on where you are on the racing line, but the carts are too chaotic I only tried online once

That’s racing. IRL when two cars make contact, both incur damage not just the car at fault. Sometimes incidents happen. Dust off and move onto the next race.
Yea i try to dust off and move on...but after waiting 15 mins for new race then taken out on the first lap it sucks....there needs to be a no contact setting...where carts ghost through you ..imho.

The alternative is relying on the game's terrible fault assessment system to decide whose SR gets dropped. Trust me, you don't want that XD

I try my best to stay clean in cart racing but find it impossible to avoid contact...but i feel i am penalised unfairly when others push me off track..my DR rating drops from B to C after every carting session but i never hit any other cart..they hit me but i take the penalty..why?
DR is only contingent on your finishing position and the DR of the drivers around you in relation to yours. It is not affected by collisions or penalties (unless you accumulate enough of them to cause your SR to drop two or more levels below your DR).

DR is only contingent on your finishing position and the DR of the drivers around you in relation to yours. It is not affected by collisions or penalties (unless you accumulate enough of them to cause your SR to drop two or more levels below your DR).
Thanks..so better to finish a race rather than quit when you have been spun out of contention for the win.

Yea i try to dust off and move on...but after waiting 15 mins for new race then taken out on the first lap it sucks....there needs to be a no contact setting...where carts ghost through you ..imho.
Maybe, but if there were we would also need a "never ghost" setting where contact is contact no matter how bad and cars remain solid objects. The selective ghosting we see in sport is annoying, and I'm a huge fan of realistic consequences in racing games (real time damage would be amazing). The unfair penalties that OP is talking about, when someone barrels into you and you take the literal hit AND the time hit really suck, but I think it is fair a good amount of the time, and is probably better than the "no penalty" system of GTS. At least some of the bad actors are getting slowed down for their behavior.

I wouldn't worry about your DR/SR in karting, it's just the risk of that event. As Super GT has said, GT karts is where your DR goes to die. One little bump and you're done, and many of the top guys are having a hell of a time just keeping a race together when a pack of 15 other karts are ricocheting off off each other like multi-ball pinball.

I know its hard, but the main focus should be you having fun, and not your driver rating. I have a hell of a time with this too... but it is truly the most important part of playing a game.

Back