why does PD not allow optional wider wheels?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Brainhulk
  • 14 comments
  • 1,410 views
Messages
421
Messages
Brainhulk
Obviously the last patch proves that different wheel widths are accounted for in the physics model. I think it would be really cool to allow us to put plus size wheel widths on cars. It would be especially helpful for those cars that come with awfully skinny tires from the factory realize their full potential
 
But where would the extra width go? It would have to be on the inside because the outside would need some sort of wheel arch extensions or widening, which I can't see happening. If only though :drool:

JDM4Arches.jpg

DSC00141.jpg


On Forza the width is added to the inside so it should be do-able, unless there isn't enough space between the floor and the wheel? I'll check next time I roll :lol:
 
True. Yes that would be very nice.
 
But where would the extra width go? It would have to be on the inside because the outside would need some sort of wheel arch extensions or widening, which I can't see happening. If only though :drool:

JDM4Arches.jpg

DSC00141.jpg


On Forza the width is added to the inside so it should be do-able, unless there isn't enough space between the floor and the wheel? I'll check next time I roll :lol:

Most of the time it goes to the outside. Inside is not feasable since you will most likely contact chassis or a control arm. Most people just roll their fenders if there is not enough space. But usually there is
 
Most cars can accommodate a 20mm increase in tire width over stock. Some cars maybe more. As long as PD limits it to, say, a 30mm increase, then they wouldn't have to add wide bodywork. Also depends on wheel offset.
 
Virtually the wheels can be different size as mentioned. So what if you had the option to have +1 and +2 inch/cm/feet/PD units wheels?
That would give you 3 options within each option from Comfort hard to Race Soft, which is 27 different tire characteristics unless Comfort Soft +2 is the same as Sports Hard, which I guess makes it pointless.
So the question then is if we need a tire that is grippier than RS, and if there are gaps in the selection we have?

Visually I would very much like to have the option of putting wider wheels on my cars, and not inwards. But if it came with changing characteristics of the tires then I'd rather have the option of having spacers that move the wheels out.
 
I thought extra wheel size was.diameter. ie reducing the profile.of tge tyre
 
Camber aids putting width under arch.
 
Low profile, extra wide front tires on a front wheel drive while having skinny eco tires on the back.
LOL
 
But where would the extra width go? It would have to be on the inside because the outside would need some sort of wheel arch extensions or widening, which I can't see happening. If only though :drool:

JDM4Arches.jpg

DSC00141.jpg


On Forza the width is added to the inside so it should be do-able, unless there isn't enough space between the floor and the wheel? I'll check next time I roll :lol:

May I refer you to this SLR :lol:

gemasolar_4-jpg.87629
 
May I refer you to this SLR :lol:

gemasolar_4-jpg.87629

Excuse my ignorance, but is this photoshop or is this a real bodykit you can put on the SLR? I have yet to do anything to mine.
 
Excuse my ignorance, but is this photoshop or is this a real bodykit you can put on the SLR? I have yet to do anything to mine.

It's a real GT6 kit, not sure about rl, but a lot of the 'kits' PD came-up with are head-scratchers that way, and ignore the good kits out there.

*still waiting for a TRD Supra wing*

The Countach got it's wing, why not my Supra ? :irked:
 
God, yes! this would be a very welcomed addition...and its just about unthinkable that PD has left it out as it is...for instance, since i happen to own one...a 1994 Mustang GT comes standard with 225 tires...but can go as wide as 315's without modification
 
May I refer you to this SLR :lol:

gemasolar_4-jpg.87629

Good try PD but it looks horrendous! It doesn't look like the track is widened either. I'd have to see it from the back but the front wheel looks like it only comes out as far as the body.

Edit: The track isn't widened, smh
 
Back