Ferrari_1996
(Banned)
- 1,986
- Ferrari_1996
The Gillet Vertigo have a better power to weight ratio but the Sauber S9 has more Performance Points.
You almost answered your own question..
Performance Points is based on a number of things, not only power/weight ratio.
What other things is Performance Points based on?
The whole body of the C9 generates downforce in addition to the values that you'll see in the setup screen.
Can someone confirm this for me?
I understand the principals of downforce...My question was if the cars in GT have a downforce that is not shown in the set-up options where you alter the downforce?
I understand the principals of downforce...My question was if the cars in GT have a downforce that is not shown in the set-up options where you alter the downforce?
Either it comes with an aero package or you install it to change downforce settings...
(IRL the wing would add a couple of kg's but not enough to effect the performance)
I remember to have read that on flat bottomed cars rising the rear end slightly compared to the nose also adds a small downforce effect. propably doesn't work with GT5 though.
I think the weight effect of the downforce is sometimes counted even in hundreds of kg's (ofcourse this depends on the speed)
Edit: "In general terms a Formula 1 car travelling at 150 mph (240-ish km/h) will generate around 1600kgs of downforce." This was in 2004...