Why dont you people visit the chat?

Messages
2,980
United States
Greensboro/NC/U
Messages
jarod336/GTP_torque
Messages
Paperorplastic/ manherollen
You say gt5 is dieing, well it is because you all complaining like morons, why dont you jus visit the online chat, i dont get it, you want communication and you got it.... wow thanks to the hardcore gamers that actualy come to the chat....this is just rediculous.
 
Still I don't see any "morons" in the chat. I am sure I did not even came by one in these forums for a while now.
 
I have started to use it,but it is a little harder for me as I use my plasma tv as my computure monitor as well as my game tv.But THIS DOSE WORK!Join in asap.:)
 
To give you a honest answer to your question, -which in its turn is just like the moaning you complain about yourself-

Chatting up random people on a webbased provisonary chat system to race in a demo of a game on another platform rieks of nerdism.
 
To give you a honest answer to your question, -which in its turn is just like the moaning you complain about yourself-

Chatting up random people on a webbased provisonary chat system to race in a demo of a game on another platform rieks of nerdism.

Xlink Kai for GT4 was the same idea, though we had to go through steps in order to play a online game. I would have that rather tricking a console thinking that its connected to another console but instead of a USB port to a bigger server.
 
To give you a honest answer to your question, -which in its turn is just like the moaning you complain about yourself-

Chatting up random people on a webbased provisonary chat system to race in a demo of a game on another platform rieks of nerdism.
Lol, dude i have a solid reason to moan about people crying over the fact that the game is dieing, So dont even try to push some half-ass eloquent narcasistic speech on me, and then make up dumb non existing internet term's most nerds already come up with trying to be funny, but its lame.

Isent that basicly the same thing your pointing out? chatting up random people on a webbased provisionary chat? oh im sorry man, that's basicly psn and xbox live, I didnt actualy think there were morinic idiot gtplanet users... guess i was wrong, :sly:
 
Last edited:
Chatting isn't going to fix the game's problems. As I said in the other thread, there are a ton of great games out right now which will take away play time from GT5P which has been out for quite a while now. There will be a select group of the hardcore people who will still play until GT5 comes out, but I can't imagine everyone here is that hardcore.
 
I don't go to chat because I race the scheduled event races, it's just personal preference.

When you say "you people", are you referring to those of us without a router? :crazy: I can't be online and have the PS3 online at the same time. It makes chat pointless. I'm not the only one set up this way.
 
To give you a honest answer to your question, -which in its turn is just like the moaning you complain about yourself-

Chatting up random people on a webbased provisonary chat system to race in a demo of a game on another platform rieks of nerdism.

Blah!!
 
Last edited:
Lol, dude i have a solid reason to moan about people crying over the fact that the game is dieing, So dont even try to push some half-ass eloquent narcasistic speech on me, and then make up dumb non existing internet term's most nerds already come up with trying to be funny, but its lame.

Isent that basicly the same thing your pointing out? chatting up random people on a webbased provisionary chat? oh im sorry man, that's basicly psn and xbox live, I didnt actualy think there were morinic idiot gtplanet users... guess i was wrong, :sly:
Well, your wrong. Xbox Live has the headset feature( which is server based), this is true and so does PSN. Probably the Chat live is for PC games. Since GT5:P is not official, I don't think that there is so much support for it right now.
 
Chatting isn't going to fix the game's problems. As I said in the other thread, there are a ton of great games out right now which will take away play time from GT5P which has been out for quite a while now. There will be a select group of the hardcore people who will still play until GT5 comes out, but I can't imagine everyone here is that hardcore.
Its just a fun way to keep things interesting but i can see your point, thank you for not being a moron like said wbrinkman:tup:
 
To be honest I don't use chat because my pc is downstairs and I can't be bothered to buy a laptop for something that should have been in a game which calls itself 'the new standard' day one!
Further what really kills Prologue is the total lack of variety ... Suzu - Fuji is not enough.

However I too think the chat is a great idea, just won't help much.
 
Last edited:
Its just a fun way to keep things interesting but i can see your point, thank you for not being a moron like said wbrinkman:tup:

You asked a question, and it was answered honestly. The fact that you did not like the answer doesn't give you the right to fling around insults. 👎

Lets up the general tone of this thread overall, please.
 
This thread might get locked any who.
 
I don't see a reason why this should be locked :) we need good old fashion threads like these! Lets let it go
 
You say gt5 is dieing, well it is because you all complaining like morons, why dont you jus visit the online chat, i dont get it, you want communication and you got it.... wow thanks to the hardcore gamers that actualy come to the chat....this is just rediculous.

I'll tell you why, because I don't have teh correct software for it and don't intend to get it, my computer's slow enough! For the other reasons see my quote below.
Oh, and I don't appreciate being called a moron even if indirectly.👎

I don't go to chat because I race the scheduled event races, it's just personal preference.

When you say "you people", are you referring to those of us without a router? :crazy: I can't be online and have the PS3 online at the same time. It makes chat pointless. I'm not the only one set up this way.

Agree with this. I enter scheduled events, I can post in the correct thread to notify people I will be there.
I have a router, but my computer is at one of the house, and my PS3 the other. By the time I get to the computer and back after chatting I'd have missed the next scheduled race already, so chat wouldn't make racing easier and more common, it'd make it harder.:crazy:
 
Paulie,I understand you delema.But if you get the chance,give it a try,I think you might like it.And if some of your bud's live near by and are into GT5P,you can always use a phone to get together.But you would have to use a confrence call.Maybe not.Just trying to help.:)

Superwally,if there is a used computer store in you area,you could, if you wanted to ,pick up a used one for about 20 bucks.Just a idea.
 
Last edited:
You say gt5 is dieing, well it is because you all complaining like morons, why dont you jus visit the online chat, i dont get it, you want communication and you got it.... wow thanks to the hardcore gamers that actualy come to the chat....this is just rediculous.
So, people who ask a serious question are now 'complaining like morons'? If that's how you see a lot of the users on this forum I do not find it strange they don't want to chat.

Besides that, you completely missed the point of the other thread. Paulie just noticed there are a lot less visitors in the tuning threads than a couple of months ago, which is true. He then asked a question if attention for GT5P is diminishing in some way. Which is also true, since a lot of people are playing other games right now.

Please explain how this can be seen as 'complaining like a moron', because frankly, I think he was just asking a very valid question. And the people responding to the same thread have very valid arguments as well. 👍

However, starting a thread with an insult, then making another insult along the way if you get answers you don't like seems a lot more like 'complaining like a moron' to me. 👎

I have a router, but my computer is at one of the house, and my PS3 the other. By the time I get to the computer and back after chatting I'd have missed the next scheduled race already
What, you have a bigass house and no laptop? :p ;) (j/k)

But I have my own ways of keeping this game interesting for me, and online chat is simply not one of them. ;) Though I might visit it in the future. 👍
 
Last edited:
Paulie,I understand you delema.But if you get the chance,give it a try,I think you might like it.And if some of your bud's live near by and are into GT5P,you can always use a phone to get together.But you would have to use a confrence call.Maybe not.Just trying to help.:)

None of my friends have GT, it's too hardcore for their arcade accustomed experience.:( Maybe if I had my own house (possibly decades away), I'd set it all up and do it maybe.

What, you have a bigass house and no laptop? :p ;) (j/k)

But I have my own ways of keeping this game interesting for me, and online chat is simply not one of them. ;) Though I might visit it in the future. 👍

Of course I have a bigass house, underneath it is an underground garage with many cars from the real world The Lion's Den:sly:. J/K I wish.:drool:
 
You say gt5 is dieing, well it is because you all complaining like morons, why dont you jus visit the online chat, i dont get it, you want communication and you got it.... wow thanks to the hardcore gamers that actualy come to the chat....this is just rediculous.

GT5 isn't dying. GT5:P isn't either, it's just most players have lost interest because of the lack of content and the numerous other games that have recently been released.
The reason they are losing interest is not because of bad online experience/not being able to race other GTP members.
 
News1_2.jpg

What do you mean by "you people"!?!

















:lol:
 
AHAHAHA :lol: at niky
 
Wow. Now we have people complaining about people complaining. Here's a question for you. If the people complaining are morons, what does that make the people complaining about the complainers? I think this thread could have been handled in a better way. Torque, why didn't you suggest people come along and support the chat room, tell them about the good points about it, the fun and frolics etc, rather than insulting a large majority of gt planet members. Also using the chat room won't help the people that are looking for new tracks and cars.
 
Last edited:
The chat really does work great for two things:

- coordinating start times and locations
- discussing the happenings of the races after the fact

There some general chat that goes on as well (usually game, forum, or autosport related). In general it's a nifty tool. It would benefit from more participation, and I'd encourage those who are able to join in the fun. 👍
 
The chat really does work great for two things:

- coordinating start times and locations
- discussing the happenings of the races after the fact

There some general chat that goes on as well (usually game, forum, or autosport related). In general it's a nifty tool. It would benefit from more participation, and I'd encourage those who are able to join in the fun. 👍

Like that.
 
The chat room is a nice, instant gratification tool. On other forums, we have a "shoutbox", which is basically an open-ended chatroom visible to the entire forum.

While it's fun, it just doesn't serve the same purpose as a forum... where you want advice on this or that, and the people who can give you said advice have work, are asleep or just aren't online. Post a question in chat, and maybe three or four guys can answer you... good for you if even one of them knows what you're asking about. If it's difficult, all you'll get are "IDK, Sorry, LOL".

Post it on the forum and maybe in two or three days, chances are someone who knows something will see it and respond. Not all questions are answered, but on a site like this, your chances of getting a straight answer are better than most.

And if someone else has the same question, the question and the answer will still be on the forum weeks... months... even years after it has been asked and answered... putting a wealth of information at the fingertips of one who knows how to "search".

And remember, this is an international forum. Some of us just aren't awake at the same time as you and your chat buddies. Don't let that discourage you from chatting, though... ;)
 
I dont see the point of visiting the chat I just race 00 15 30 45 if i want a good race and you have to download specific software to run it all be it java,

but I agree there is deffinatly less people playing now, the other night it was 2am and it would not even find one person to race with it took me 20mins to eventually end up in a race with two other people of 2.18 evo X no merci ability, it was really worth it!

how ever if I want to drift its harder to come across people to tandem due to alot more people wanting to race so for this I do use the chat, xat.com/GTdriftgroup it works fine no download just a link to chat room, no signing in just straight forward go!
 
I'm complaining about GT5 prologue Am I moron?.Yeah sure
 
Back