Why I will most likely stick with Forza 3 over GT5

• Thread starter Delirious
  • 316 comments

Delirious

Meh
Premium
Metroider17
Unless GT5 has this...since I am an impatient man.

I absolutely LOVE having all the cars (in stock parts only of course) ready to test drive and short races in the free mode. They are all there ready to play with in hot laps/quick races and what not. I absolutely hated driving for hours and hours just to get cars UNLOCKED. I still know of the basic formula of cheap car, make money, get better car, make more money and accept that.

Also the lack of Porsches and the few amount of Lamborghinis and Ferraris and the like of exotic cars in the GT5 (unless I'm proven wrong) is disheartening to an enthusiast like me.

I'm by no means a hardcore racer and still play with just a controller. I work 40 hours a week and other hobbies and games. I want to play with what cars I want NOW and do just enough work to feel satisfied but have a good payoff for it. Sure GT5 looks amazing...but the lack of the above has my heart set on Forza 3 for now. Time will tell what GT5 has in store and maybe I'll be all wrong...but seeing GT's track record...my kind of person isn't keeping his hopes up.

The lack of Porsche is the result of licencing arrangements the marque has with other game developers. Back when GT2 was in development, I remember EA Games had the licence and made NEED FOR SPEED: PORSCHE UNLEASHED.

The lack of Porsche is the result of licencing arrangements the marque has with other game developers. Back when GT2 was in development, I remember EA Games had the licence and made NEED FOR SPEED: PORSCHE UNLEASHED.

Yet Forza and PGR (1-2) have them, PD should have payed to EA just like Microsoft did to get the Porsche license.

About this thread, im going to stick with both games! :D

Yet Forza and PGR (1-2) have them, PD should have payed to EA just like Microsoft did to get the Porsche license.

About this thread, im going to stick with both games! :D

What are you kidding? Kaz would much rather buy himself another supercar than pay EA for a car a lot of his fans want (not me though, couldn't give a damn if Porsche is in or not).

What are you kidding? Kaz would much rather buy himself another supercar than pay EA for a car a lot of his fans want (not me though, couldn't give a damn if Porsche is in or not).

You also forget to take into account that taking Porsche may loose the Ruf license, as I for one have never seen both manufacturers in the same game.

I have often suspected that Porsche may not want virtual comparisons with a manufactures that arguably takes there cars and 'makes them better'.

Regards

Scaff

Hmm, I'm really not sure how much I will enjoy GT5, what I know for fact though is that, after I played F3 for about 3 months, I already had enough... as many have said in other threads before, it just doesn't feel complete or finished.
Also that you have to pay for Live and the service isn't any better than the Sony equivalent is more than disappointing.

I'm no hardcore racer either, but I couldn't care less about Porsche in F3 compared to the experience I'm expecting from GT5.

I think I'm done with the future GT series games. Mostly beacuse I don't want to shell out the $$$ for a PS3.

You also forget to take into account that taking Porsche may loose the Ruf license, as I for one have never seen both manufacturers in the same game.

I have often suspected that Porsche may not want virtual comparisons with a manufactures that arguably takes there cars and 'makes them better'.

Regards

Scaff

Maybe but... Porsche>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ruf , Porsche have such racing history and you can upgrade your car to rival the Ruf performace, sure i would like to have both (and techart) but between both brands theres no contest.

Maybe but... Porsche>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ruf , Porsche have such racing history and you can upgrade your car to rival the Ruf performace, sure i would like to have both (and techart) but between both brands theres no contest.

No contest in your opinion.

Personally to loose the Yellowbird from the GT series would be a big blow, I love that car, however you are quite right that the ideal situation would be to have both.

Scaff

I was so hyped for Fm3 that i bought an xbox just for FM. But i soon stopped playing it on regular basis (4 weeks) because it is nowhere near the experience in GT.
That may result in the missing wheel for xbox (i have one but it's too arcarde for FM).

I comparaison i played surly more than 200 hours alone on GT5P.

and for the unlocks for the cars. There will surly be an unlock pack on psn in the winter

Different people different likes.
If you comfortable wit Fm3, stick to it why not...

Last edited:
No contest in your opinion.

Personally to loose the Yellowbird from the GT series would be a big blow, I love that car, however you are quite right that the ideal situation would be to have both.

Scaff

Porsche 917, Moby Dick , 993 GT2, those are far more important cars than the yellowbird.

Yeah, personally you may like that yellowbird more than the whole Porsche brand but from a objective point of view Porsche is way more important and have lots of iconic cars.

Last edited:
Porsche 917, Moby Dick , 993 GT2, those are far more important cars than the yellowbird.

Yeah, personally you may like that yellowbird more than the whole Porsche brand but from a objective point of view Porsche is way more important and have lots of iconic cars.

We are talking about driving them in the game or the real life car? that would mean none of them are more important than the next, its personal taste since none of us may ever drive the real cars. So on a in game basis it's personal taste, I would always choose the CTR2 over its 911 underpinnings.

We are talking about driving them in the game or the real life car? that would mean none of them are more important than the next, its personal taste since none of us may ever drive the real cars. So on a in game basis it's personal taste, I would always choose the CTR2 over its 911 underpinnings.

Like i said, you may like X car more than the whole Porsche fleet, thats your taste and its ok, but in terms of their contribution to the automotive history Porsche is far more important, by the same reason more people would think that they want to have a Porsche instead of Ruf.
Thats my whole point.

Porsche is more important and most likely more people want them.

And exactly where in my post do I say that I like the Yellowbird more than the whole Porsche brand? I didn't even come close to implying that, let alone state it.

I'm a massive Porsche fan (owning a number of limited edition Porsche publications and having driven a fair selection of the companies models), so you are making a massive leap in your statements here.

I simply stated that to loose the Yellowbird would be a massive blow and that I would prefer to have both in the game. I also said that it was your view that its 'no contest' between the two brands, simply stating that does not mean that I subscribe to a total opposite viewpoint.

In future be a little more careful with your words as you have just attributed a point of view that was not represented in my post at all.

Scaff

Last edited:
Also I love the fact you can DO ANY COLOR/PAINTJOB YOU WANT for your cars...

And the fact there arent 100+ Nissan/Honda/Toyota cars and mini-variations of them and the lack of American cars IN COMPARISON...

But I digress, I'll definitely keep my eyes open to GT5 and see if I wanna spend 60 bucks on it.

Like i said, you may like X car more than the whole Porsche fleet, thats your taste and its ok, but in terms of their contribution to the automotive history Porsche is far more important, by the same reason more people would think that they want to have a Porsche instead of Ruf.
Thats my whole point.

Porsche is more important and most likely more people want them.

Again I am speaking about using them in a fantasy video game, not real life history prestige or common popularity. We live out fantasies when we play these games. I never said I'd rather have RUF over Porsche. By "choose" I mean from a car selection screen in a video game.

in the famous words of Scaff

in future be a little more careful with your words as you have just attributed a point of view that was not represented in my post at all.

I did not mention the words "RUF" or "Porsche".....

On topic. There is no reason to stick with any one game. If you have both systems games can co exist, I do know that my G37 does not work with the 360 and wheel can make a difference.

Why don't you just wait a week till after GT5 comes out, then hop on the internet and download a save file with every car unlocked? You totally know they're going to be available.

I dunno, when such an easy work around is inevitable it seems like a silly thing to base your decision on! Am I misunderstanding something?

Last edited:
hop on the internet and download a save file with every car unlocked?
The save game might be locked to the PSN profile it was created with.
At least trophies will be locked to the account.
In the worst case the save game is copy protected and you can't even make backups.

GT5P is completely unprotected but trophies didn't exist back then.

And exactly where in my post do I say that I like the Yellowbird more than the whole Porsche brand? I didn't even come close to implying that, let alone state it.

I'm a massive Porsche fan (owning a number of limited edition Porsche publications and having driven a fair selection of the companies models), so you are making a massive leap in your statements here.

I simply stated that to loose the Yellowbird would be a massive blow and that I would prefer to have both in the game. I also said that it was your view that its 'no contest' between the two brands, simply stating that does not mean that I subscribe to a total opposite viewpoint.

In future be a little more careful with your words as you have just attributed a point of view that was not represented in my post at all.

Scaff

You dont understand me, i was saying that you may like X car over the whole brand not as a fact, it was to show that if you have a personal taste or preference for any car its ok, but from a objetive point of view Porsche is far more important than Ruf.

Im not "fighting" againts other people taste in cars, if any of you want Ruf or Techart, etc over Porsche is ok but none of them are has important as Porsche, thats all i been saying here.

Last edited:
You dont understand me, i was saying that you may like X car over the whole brand not as a fact, it was to show that if you have a personal taste or preference for any car its ok, but from a objetive point of view Porsche is far more important than Ruf.

I do understand you perfectly well, and your original post (nor the near identically reply to another member) didn't read in that way.

I would also ask why you felt the need to state that Porsche is far more important than Ruf, given that I never made any claim to contrary.

I repeat that you have assigned a view point to me based on what you read into my post, rather than what I actually said.

Scaff

I do understand you perfectly well, and your original post (nor the near identically reply to another member) didn't read in that way.

I would also ask why you felt the need to state that Porsche is far more important than Ruf, given that I never made any claim to contrary.

I repeat that you have assigned a view point to me based on what you read into my post, rather than what I actually said.

Scaff

Because of the "no contest in your opinion" , thats all. I dont assumed you liked Ruf more if is what you think i did. I said you make like it more, i dont know that. Sorry if you feel that i was saying that.

Because of the "no contest in your opinion" , thats all. I dont assumed you liked Ruf more if is what you think i did. I said you make like it more, i dont know that. Sorry if you feel that i was saying that.

Yes I did say that and then immediately stated that I would like to have both Ruf and Porsche in the game as an ideal situation.

It would appear that you simply read "no contest in your opinion" and then interpreted my words based on that alone and not taken the rest of my post into account.

Which is why I cautioned you over making assumptions, I am however we have resolved this.

Regards

Scaff

Back