Why Interlagos is not included in Senna Tribute?

• Thread starter Snake17x
  • 19 comments
Italy
Italy
Snake17x
In an old interview, Kaz say that:
"Interlagos is a racetrack that was important in the life of Senna, it is important that this circuit is present."

So, the original intention was to include that track in GT6, then the question is: Why Interlagos was not included in the Senna's Tribute? There is a possibility to see Interlagos included in Gt6 in a near future?
None of which is either promising the track will be in the game, nor if it is, that it will be included in this particular update. Essentially this is a track request and belongs in the proper forum.

Because he didn't have success at the track until after 1987...

Other than it being his home track, it didn't have any relevance to PD's tribute to him with what they put together.

Kaz is correct to place such an emphasis on Interlagos with regards to Senna. Anyone who does not appreciate why this is the case doesn't really understand much about Senna's career. His victory there in 91 for instance was one of the highlights of his whole career.

It would be odd for the track not to be included somewhere along the line considering that it features in GT6's opening video.

It would be nice if the Senna content had a final part around Interlagos in the 88 McLaren for instance to match the race suit. Although the 91 car is much prettier.

Then... why Kaz says: "Interlagos is a racetrack that was important in the life of Senna, it is important that this circuit is present." ??

Would they have licensing for any of the cars Senna drove at Interlagos? Did the 97T race there, and if not could they have obtained licensing for any of the cars that did? Lots to consider.

Maybe P.D is still working on it?

gt6_bathurst_1-638x381.jpg

Interlagos=Money= No for Senna Content. PD does not give away tracks for free ever. The 80s variants are 95ish% similar to their modern counterparts so those don't count. Either way Interlagos was not released with the update because it would be too much work for little gain for PD.

Did Kaz ever give any explanation why they didn't add Interlagos?
That track is important in Senna's career, it's really odd they the slideshow mentions Interlagos but the track isn't available in the game.

Interlagos=Money= No for Senna Content. PD does not give away tracks for free ever.

And then, roughly two weeks after you posted this, the Red Bull Ring came along for free...

edit: forgot my font

Last edited:
And then, roughly two weeks after you posted this, the Red Bull Ring came along for free...

PD threw me off guard..... besides GT and Red Bull are in partnership so they can release stuff for free, Interlagos is not owned by the Senna Institute that I know of.

Should the Senna Tribute also include you trying to re-create the 1989 and 1990 incidents with Prost at Suzuka.?
And his podium at Monaco in 1984 in the wet, his first pole & win at Estoril in 1985, his win against Mansell at Jerez in 1986, the best first lap in F1 history at Donnington in 1993, etc.
While I did enjoy the Senna cars I feel the Senna content was very bare bones, only a few time trials, 3 cars, and 2 track layouts that are barely different from the ones we already had in the game.

FS7
And his podium at Monaco in 1984 in the wet, his first pole & win at Estoril in 1985, his win against Mansell at Jerez in 1986, the best first lap in F1 history at Donnington in 1993, etc.
While I did enjoy the Senna cars I feel the Senna content was very bare bones, only a few time trials, 3 cars, and 2 track layouts that are barely different from the ones we already had in the game.
They weren't even TT's because there was no leaderboard, just a personal race against the clock to win the car.

I secretly expected Interlagos with the Senna content. I still think there's a good chance there will be another Senna package and Interlagos will be a part of it. I think if we take a step back and look at the Senna content as you say, it really is the minimum they could have gotten away with.

Should the Senna Tribute also include you trying to re-create the 1989 and 1990 incidents with Prost at Suzuka.?
Yes!

FS7
Did Kaz ever give any explanation why they didn't add Interlagos?
That track is important in Senna's career, it's really odd they the slideshow mentions Interlagos but the track isn't available in the game.
Because the Instituto Ayrton Senna owns Senna's rights until 1987.

Because the Instituto Ayrton Senna owns Senna's rights until 1987.
I know the Instituto is tied to Senna's image and some of his cars but what does the Instituto has to do with track licensing?
PD added Red Bull Ring plus a few other real tracks to GT6, I don't see how adding Interlagos, Estoril, & Macau are tied to the Instituto at all.

They weren't even TT's because there was no leaderboard, just a personal race against the clock to win the car.

I secretly expected Interlagos with the Senna content. I still think there's a good chance there will be another Senna package and Interlagos will be a part of it. I think if we take a step back and look at the Senna content as you say, it really is the minimum they could have gotten away with.
Wait, since when was there this requirement for an arbitrary list of times before something could be deemed a time trial?

There have been time trials in racing games since as long as we've had racing games, but online "leaderboards" (i.e. global rankings) are relatively new. Rankings are rankings and should be considered as such; a simple qualifier, it doesn't change the nature of the event.

A time trial in real life doesn't even necessarily need "opponents", save the clock. That's the description given in the game.

Wait, since when was there this requirement for an arbitrary list of times before something could be deemed a time trial?

There have been time trials in racing games since as long as we've had racing games, but online "leaderboards" (i.e. global rankings) are relatively new. Rankings are rankings and should be considered as such; a simple qualifier, it doesn't change the nature of the event.

A time trial in real life doesn't even necessarily need "opponents", save the clock. That's the description given in the game.

Exactly. It seems that what Mr Penso wanted was a Seasonal Event. A time trial is just a personal race against the clock. Besides, if it were set out with a leaderboard under the current system, one of two things would happen:

• It would be open for two weeks. This is supposed to be a more permanent tribute, an event like that would be no use to somebody who buys the game after the next cool update
  • It would be forced to remain open for the next 2-3 years, wasting GT server space, and would require a long, slow update process after every improvement on a lap
Leaderboards are for competition and showing off, this is a tribute. If you want to compare lap times, you've got GTP, Social Media etc. You could even try and send a fax to L-Shooter-RB26 to see how amazing his time was.

Last edited:
Back