Why is Buick Special not classed as a classic?

  • Thread starter Thread starter I<3Cars
  • 10 comments
  • 1,137 views
Messages
406
Messages
mattyj_-
I was trying to enter the Classic Muscle Car Competition and it said it's earlier than 1979 when it says it's a '62
 
Because it has been built in 2002 or something I guess. Only its body may be from the '62 original. Any other parts are high performance aftermarket stuff which gets the Buick Special out of that range "classic".
 
GTP_roadrunner
Because it has been built in 2002 or something I guess. Only its body may be from the '62 original. Any other parts are high performance aftermarket stuff which gets the Buick Special out of that range "classic".

No cause I've used it for the World Classic Car Championship.
 
Like he said it was made >2000 so it cant be used.
 
It won the 2003 GT Awards at SEMA, so it's classified as being made then.
 
Poppins and Inferno251, it can be used for the World Classic Car Championship, as I<3Cars stated. So it obviously can't be classed as 2003. I was also wondering why it couldn't be used in the Classic Muscle Car Competition.
 
It's probably an oversight on PD's part. They may have registered it as 62' for one race, but as 2003 for the other.
 
This reminds me of myself buying Trans-Cammer '70 for Historic Car Cup just to realise it can't be used there.
 
Its a 62' body but its a custom build, with the six speed
 
Yev
This reminds me of myself buying Trans-Cammer '70 for Historic Car Cup just to realise it can't be used there.

You're not the only one :grumpy:

:lol:
 
Back