Why is everyone so crazy about e-braking?

• Thread starter Alex89
  • 111 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
The last few weeks I've been watching more and more GT5 drift videos on Youtube. One thing I noticed in almost every single one of them: People just e-brake the hell out of those cars.

Personally I thing thats an awfull trend. Whenever you use the handbrake, the car just gets ripped out of it's natural flow. The back-end stats jittering around and it plainly looks awfull. Now I'm far away from beeing trained in drifting, but even I am capable of drifting low and high-powered cars with just the footbrake. With a 1F 8-9B setting you can get the back out easily, whether it's initiating a drift, or extending it when the front starts to regain grip. That way the car will keep a steady line, generating a much more organic look in replays.

Well, that's just my personal oppinion. I'm looking forward to hear yours.

(If I remember right, people complained about using the handbrake back in GT4 drifting. Just as they do nowadays with 4WD's.)

I don't see why people even care about the issue. I've been to pro drifting events and they use the e brake and the normal brakes. I personally use the e brake sometimes either because I am doing a long ass sideways entry at high speed, or cause I am correcting a drift. I use the normal brake just as much.

It's more a style or technique than anything else that the person has adopted.
I, for one use the Hand Brake when drifting if I'm aiming for a corner with a long sideways entry or even to increase angle mid drift. I don't use my brakes like everyone else most of the time because I have my bias set 0Front 10Rear and 0 ABS which automatically acts as a hand brake.Only time you will see me use my brakes is when I am adjusting my line right at the start of the turn or when I am quite literally doing a door-to-door tandem, where I need to slow my car down but still have stability!

This is A pointless argument anyway as in the real world you will see Ken Nomura or who ever you like, rip the hand brake on at 60/70 MPH for an entry. Game or not this is A universal style that I personally think looks good at times and can be also hard to master!.

I've never seen such pointless post from one person (spank your mom)

They guy NEVER as anything constructive to say...

There's 6 basic ways of drifting...

E brake being the simplest and easiest soooo......

Maybe the people you drift with kinda don't understand the game? Ok here get this...

You have a 500hp car NO E BRAKE!!!!

You have a 200hp car you may need the E brake, Alot...

Im loving jimmies 0-10 with no abs setup. I still use handbrake but when I'm going to fast into a corner and trying to brake grip.

Because it starts posts like this, from people like you. Do me a favor, if you got a problem with my posts send it to me in a PM not flood someones thread with YOUR (IISLYDWAYZII) totally off topic non-sense.

anyways....

To be back on topic, I feel like i was saying that each person is different as all the posts above me has pointed out. If you dont like using the ebrake then thats your "style" of drifting. If you like to do long sideways or reverse entries then you have to use it. But you will come to find out IRL you will at some point or another have to use the ebrake. 👍

How ironic, your usually the one with illegible pointless posts ;)

I love the Handbrake, it's a usefull tool for initiating and adjusting angle and speed. You can still drift smoothly with it so what's the problem?

If you do not have anything nice to say, then don't say it at all. Though the E-brake technique is a useful tool.

I use the ebrake a bit, not much, just to correct or reverse entry. Sometimes its essential even in high powered cars to use the e-brake on some difficulty custom track corners.
Plus if you drift IRL the first things you would get would be coil overs, LSD, bucket seat and a hydraulic e-brake. So no, e-brake isnt for the weak Bobalob, its for the resourceful.

lol whatever you say pal with the drift bible quotes lol, first thing I did with my drift car was none of those things because they all cost hundreds of pounds.

If you can do the same drift without a handbrake your would score higher irl.

it's a tool in your toolbox yes but mostly for correcting errors

as i said, for the weak.

Bob, again. If you do not have nothing nice to say, don't say it at all. It isn't contributing to the discussion in a positive matter. Though however, it would cost you tons of money to drift. So might as find the easiest way to drift and progressive in skill.

Last edited:
lol whatever you say pal with the drift bible quotes lol, first thing I did with my drift car was none of those things because they all cost hundreds of pounds.

If you can do the same drift without a handbrake your would score higher irl.

it's a tool in your toolbox yes but mostly for correcting errors

as i said, for the weak.

Right so just because DK said that, it means you dont need all the upgrades. You do or you'll have a hard time. No matter though because i'm sure you know best and your a very competent drifter IRL .
lol jk check out that astra van.

Drifting without handbrake is like eating rice without anything next to it. Its weird and it feels not good. However slyd is right , with cars over 500 hp I don't really need my e-brake because my abs off helps me almost in the same way and my car brinds the rear faster in the right position. For low powered cars I use the e-brake more because it won't drift like I wan't.

But it still depends on how you want to enter the corner. In the begining I used the E-brake a lot and now only when I have to use it for a long slide because without ABS the car stops very fast.

Haha well yes sorry, I have a different culture and I never eat rice without anything. Of course Asiian people love it.

Lets make it like noodels without flavours? Lol.

bobalob lmao.. is your drift car on a computer game? yno way do you own an a car dedicated to drifting yet have none of those :L hell there is a very well know Real life drifter on these forums and i GUARANTEE you he will say the E-Brake is an essential haha..

yet another thread givin away to the trolls...

Sorry guys if i started it...I didnt think what i said was a "unconstructive" statement.

Haha well yes sorry, I have a different culture and I never eat rice without anything. Of course Asiian people love it.

Lets make it like noodels without flavours? Lol.

Have you ever tasted plain noodles? They taste like welly boots. Which I believe elaborates your point haha

Lol guys relax, no need for an arguement.

The e brake is very helpful and the most important is that its feeld awsome. You have to control you car good and release the brake on the right time to keep control. Thats just as great as the drift it self.

And dean haha, I ate it once but not while on a plane. It was horrible xD.

off topic much? lol

I've never heard such garbage about e-brake being useless in drift.. total rubbish lol

Duman he means plain noodles as in nothing with them lol that mad me laugh haha

I use whatever is comfortable at the time, hell I want to use the E-Brake but pressing down Circle doesn't feel that realistic.

fools.

I havnt once said hanbrake is useless... read my post.

There is negative in this world children best not ignore it.

I will never lower myself in speculating others real cars, because you have no idea what I have and I you so attempting to score BIG TINTERNET points this way is laughable.

I stand by the FACT that using the hanbrake to maintain a slide is a less skillfull technique and hence weaker, and also looks dog **** to watch.

some people need to cry all the way back to forzas permenant steering aids.

Next time start a thread with the topic "positive comments only" if you can't handle some harsh facts.

How the **** rice came into it I never know but this is an example of the calibre of thought around here.

fools.
I stand by the FACT that using the hanbrake to maintain a slide is a less skillfull technique and hence weaker, and also looks dog **** to watch.

Your on the Formula D or D1GP are you, pictures of the car?

Those drivers must be weak when they resort to the E-Brake on drifts.

yes indeed they would score lower.

who's in d1? me? erm...... no, thanks for the crazy assumption.

formula d is scored differently btw.

I'm a rookie drifter so I use the e-brake to initiate the drift. I then use throttle control to control the drift.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back