Why people hate 4WD drifter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I play Gt5 since almost one week and begins to drift a couple days ago. I have to admit that there is a real problem in this comunity. I come from forza, and I am a good forza drifter, most people drift rwd in forza, some drift awd, but nobody care about that, why in gt5 people HATE, they dont only dont like, they HATE 4wd drifter, why??? Is it easier?? I know its not really real life to drift awd car, but why people are so upset about that???

I have no idea.... i have the same problem with this community but they don't like me because i use different tires then them to drift, i am not welcome in any D1 comps because they have a stupid rule that limits you to comfort tires all the time. so since i drift my RX-7 on racing hard tires i am not welcome in the GT5 drifting community.

Add me we can drift some time ^_^

Oh and people can't complain about AWD drifting on the forums any more the admins made it a rule. so you wont see anybody on the forums complain about it.

Admins ended the anti 4WD fighting due to it getting ridiculous, but the resistance is still there by all means!

We don't stop you drifting with 4wd or racing tires, we just don't agree with it.

WHY? That is the question!

I personnally drift with rwd cars only, but if drift would be in an opposite situation, awd would be the prefered way of everybody (which is not going to happens), I would not care about that, because it's the way I chose. Just tell me why people are so ''racist'' to awd drifter??

It hapend to me i try using my gt-r gta stoc i enter a loby that say drift anycar and the guy told me awd drifter noob and kik me out so i make my onw loby whit no rules the only rule i have is no x1 that it

Deja Vu? I swear there was a thread with the exact same title here somewhere...

EDIT: I am wrong, however, the search function is rather useful, as proven Here

Hi, I play Gt5 since almost one week and begins to drift a couple days ago. I have to admit that there is a real problem in this comunity. I come from forza, and I am a good forza drifter, most people drift rwd in forza, some drift awd, but nobody care about that, why in gt5 people HATE, they dont only dont like, they HATE 4wd drifter, why??? Is it easier?? I know its not really real life to drift awd car, but why people are so upset about that???

We literally HATE Awd ''drifting'' because people just don't want to accept that it's garbage. Slidng a Awd car around is a completely other deal compared to Rwd. The powered front wheels can always easily get you out of difficult situations in drifting and let every noob pull massive angles. Drifting was founded with Rwd and the essence of drifting still is driving a Rwd car sideways.
You have twice as many wheels powered as a Rwd car, don't you think this will also cause some problems in speed equality in drifting even if you use the same tires?

I have no idea.... i have the same problem with this community but they don't like me because i use different tires then them to drift, i am not welcome in any D1 comps because they have a stupid rule that limits you to comfort tires all the time. so since i drift my RX-7 on racing hard tires i am not welcome in the GT5 drifting community.

Comfort tires are close to normal street or sport tires in real life, so this is the grip level you should go for in the game. To make tandeming possible and keep the level of speed equal this whole community uses comfort hards.
Who the hell would put slicks on his car for drifting in real life??
btw. D1GP is limited to street tires, they neither allow slicks nor semis.

Everybody should have the right to drift like they want.

Read the text I wrote above and you will understand

I think there would be no problem if 4WD drifters just drifted with other 4WD drifters. I don't drive online much so I don't know much about the hate, in real life there is no problem, because nobody would enter a 4WD in a competition.

I think there would be no problem if 4WD drifters just drifted with other 4WD drifters. I don't drive online much so I don't know much about the hate, in real life there is no problem, because nobody would enter a 4WD in a competition.

Thats because they aren't allowed to enter 4WD in real life events...

So the problem here is? We dont allow them into our events like real life doesnt allow them in their events.

The need to complain about AWD Drifters not being allowed in most lobbies is because?

We literally HATE Awd ''drifting'' because people just don't want to accept that it's garbage. Slidng a Awd car around is a completely other deal compared to Rwd. The powered front wheels can always easily get you out of difficult situations in drifting and let every noob pull massive angles. Drifting was founded with Rwd and the essence of drifting still is driving a Rwd car sideways.
You have twice as many wheels powered as a Rwd car, don't you think this will also cause some problems in speed equality in drifting even if you use the same tires?

Comfort tires are close to normal street or sport tires in real life, so this is the grip level you should go for in the game. To make tandeming possible and keep the level of speed equal this whole community uses comfort hards.
Who the hell would put slicks on his car for drifting in real life??
btw. D1GP is limited to street tires, they neither allow slicks nor semis.

Read the text I wrote above and you will understand

It's a point that in real D1 you dont use slicks. but my driving style which is speed instead of angle asks for slick high speed drifting it's my style, i dont hate other people for not using slicks?

To the post above me......

The problem is even in none D1 people kick me for using slicks.

Last edited:

[PERSONAL OPINION] Slicks are for racing, and racing only[/PERSONAL OPINION]

Actually, I am pretty sure just about everyone else here will agree with me on this one.

It's a point that in real D1 you dont use slicks. but my driving style which is speed instead of angle asks for slick high speed drifting it's my style, i dont hate other people for not using slicks?

Sorry but this is pure fail

And they are doing it right. Can you imagine how annoying it will be if you are a decent drifter and tandem with some friends with comfort hard but then there's this damn guy bumping hitting and overtaking because he is far too fast with racing tires?

I think the problem started with drifting noobs getting too cocky, thinking that they are better drifters because they can get better angles and still save car from spinning. But they usually just ended up ramming other cars and pissing people off. Nowadays there are people that can handle the AWD cars better, but most of us just prefer using RWD

Sorry but this is pure fail

And they are doing it right. Can you imagine how annoying it will be if you are a decent drifter and tandem with some friends with comfort hard but then there's this damn guy bumping hitting and overtaking because he is far too fast with racing tires?

+1
I know a few guys that setup rooms for drift racing and they don't use anything higher than CS tires

Double posted my bad

I personnally drift with rwd cars only, but if drift would be in an opposite situation, awd would be the prefered way of everybody (which is not going to happens), I would not care about that, because it's the way I chose. Just tell me why people are so ''racist'' to awd drifter??

I respect your effort to understand the whole situation, also by your numbers of posts (8 so far) and you confessing that you just bough GT5 a couple days ago, its normal to bring up bad habits from previous games.

I don´t want to look cocky, but in that yellow square on your upper right, next to your login name, there is a button called "search", and if you type there "awd drifting" or "confort hard drifting", you will start to see the big picture.

Welcome to GTP Drift Forums and dont use drugs, specialy AWD.

Cause awd is not realististic. I mean I don't see people with 4wd cars in real life drifting on a serious basis.

Also you don't understand how stupidly annoying 4wd drifting is. I mean its ok to do it just for fun sake with some friends in a LOUNGE Not in a freakin public lobby.

Also, I hope you understand drifting for speed is called touge. They use drifting and racing (in your case speed) to get around a track as fast as possible. I would never call 4wd drifting, I'd rather look at one of monstergauz's testicles (no offense to your testicles monster :D) then see a person drift with a 4wd trying to tandem with a rwd.

Last edited:
I only drift an awd when I set the torque to 90:10 so it's pretty much a rwd

but thats the problem it's not rwd
it makes a huge difference kinda like bringing a Brand new ferrari enzo to a classic enzo race
it's still a ferrari race but who you gunna put your money on? thats right the new enzo cause even if the enzo crashes and burns he still catches back up and absoulutly destroys everyone else

and that takes no skill at all

kinda like AWD drifting

"Drift" how you prefer to, but don't say " this is better than that " with no good points. If this is your style, then its ok. But these type of drifters are annoying to the others. It's like scoring with your hand in soccer, fun ? But its not the way you should try to reach your goal, it destroys the game in our opinion. You asked why people hate it and they gave you answers and facts mate.

Go to the thread list, and look for the stickied thread " AWD clarification "

No need to go further, unless you want to get banned

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back