Why psychologically the open lobbies are not helping a clean driving simulation experience

• Thread starter MightyL
  • 41 comments
From my experience with GT5+6, Forza 3 to 6 not at all actually.

The only way I found to have clean race is by racing with people I know in private lobby that have similar skill to mine.
Thank you!

Mechanical damage is not the deterrent to clean racing people think it is. Especially not when you have short, 3-5 lap races.

The truth is - the vast majority of 'bad racing' is accidental, either from people who simply lack the car control, track knowledge, racing etiquette or patience(usually a combination) to have close, competitive battles with others without making a mess of it. There's also all those people who spend most of their time racing offline and develop bad habits, either from the bad AI that doesn't act like a human does, or simply by knowing it's AI and not respecting them like you should an on-track competitor.

I've found that without being among similarly skilled racers, driving with full damage is nothing but an exercise in frustration. More likely to make you mad than provide a cleaner race.

Usually what happen with full mechanical damage is the the last guy that is already 10 sec behind after qualify will think it's funnier trying to mess everyone else race than doing a time atk behind where he got no chance of going everywhere.
The only way I found to have clean race is by racing with people I know in private lobby that have similar skill to mine.

My experience with GT5/6 is completely different from yours because this has never happened to me,furthermore I have never been in a private lobby.

Let me rephrase this yes they can ban you for example if you are verbally abusing someone on the PSN but not for diving backwards on a track
Yep, agreed.

But perhaps other factors could come into play.
You "officially" shouldn't deliberately disrupt (along with other terms) other players using the PSN.

But I agree that it would take, I assume, multiple complaints against the same player to even induce a review of their playing habits.
And I don't see that as an easy task.
But saying that, it isn't out of SONY's reach to do so, legally.

And again, all under the guise of the T&C's of using the PS network.

Yep, agreed.

But perhaps other factors could come into play.
You "officially" shouldn't deliberately disrupt (along with other terms) other players using the PSN.

But I agree that it would take, I assume, multiple complaints against the same player to even induce a review of their playing habits.
And I don't see that as an easy task.
But saying that, it isn't out of SONY's reach to do so, legally.

And again, all under the guise of the T&C's of using the PS network.
This was brought up in the early days of Pcars1 console lobbies and SMS stated they could not ban people for disrupting lobbies. I think on the Pc side they could because they didn't have to go by Sony and Microsofts T&C.

This was brought up in the early days of Pcars1 console lobbies and SMS stated they could not ban people for disrupting lobbies. I think on the Pc side they could because they didn't have to go by Sony and Microsofts T&C.
Interesting to know. 👍

On the subject of going around a track the wrong way, I noted a video recently showing someone doing that around NIS.
His car seemed to be continually ghosted, at least from what I could see.
I hope PD continue this practise should that be the case.

I see a new trend, I'm now on 49 SP and the guys wait until the last lap to push you out of the way.
If you are lucky enough you loose 3-4 positions and some SP. Nearly all times ive been bumped this way was by Spanish players- do I miss something?
Ugh. Specifically, Spanish players can be the worst sportsmen. No offense to the many clean, fast drivers from Spain, but good lord, some Spaniards are such bastards.

Not one single nation is an exemption, to be fair, but Spain seems to have a higher percentage than what's normal. This is from my perspective and I'm sorry if it rubs any of you the wrong way.

Last edited:
Ugh. Specifically, Spanish players can be the worst sportsmen. No offense to the many clean, fast drivers from Spain, but good lord, some Spaniards are such bastards.

Not one single nation is an exemption, to be fair, but Spain seems to have a higher percentage than what's normal. This is from my perspective and I'm sorry if it rubs any of you the wrong way.

To be honest, I had a phase where I had the same experience, but then it changed and suddenly it was Brits that constantly pushed me off.

Made me think it's probably all coincidental. The only reason why you get the feeling it's mostly people from one country is that e.g. Spain and the UK make up a larger part of all drivers than smaller countries, so you're more likely to be bumped off by them.

To be honest, I had a phase where I had the same experience, but then it changed and suddenly it was Brits that constantly pushed me off.

Made me think it's probably all coincidental. The only reason why you get the feeling it's mostly people from one country is that e.g. Spain and the UK make up a larger part of all drivers than smaller countries, so you're more likely to be bumped off by them.
PEOPLE are such bastards. lol

It use to be the Brazil'ns with the bad rap :lol::lol: but I think this is a road we should not go down. It never ends well.

Honestly for an open lobby majority of my races are pretty clean. I have even had people who gave me small bumps shoot me a message saying sorry. Sometimes I don't think its the bad drivers or rookies its the drivers who just want to win so bad they don't care. This includes the fast guys or the guys who think they are fast. Have you ever seen a guy in the top 5 fall to 10 or lower? Watch how they drive when trying to come back to the top, it's like nobody is on the track besides him.

Have you ever seen a guy in the top 5 fall to 10 or lower? Watch how they drive when trying to come back to the top, it's like nobody is on the track besides him.

Ha. Similar after the update, when the BOP changed and I changed to the TTS. Many Evo drivers seemed to think they were entitled to pass me and didn't even try to make a decent move. Mostly they failed :)

Back