Why wasn't there 60's/70's muscle cars in this game?

  • Thread starter Thread starter undertaker55
  • 26 comments
  • 978 views
Yeah, I'd love to have a hideous green Superbird, just like I did in GT2.

The reason I've heard most often is simply the time it took to model the cars. In GT2, ~2 days. For GT3, ~2 WEEKS. It's not an issue of storage since the game's on DVD now, but if they put 500+ cars in, we'd still be waiting for it to come out.

That may also explain why there's so many Skyline's/Evo's/etc: once they model the basic R34, it's pretty quick to make more that only look a bit different (ie. Calsonic, Zexel, Pennzoil...)
 
Well, there is the Cobra, and it has to be one of the worst handling cars of all. Just imagine a '67 Camaro with an extra 1,500lbs on top of that!!! I still would have liked to see maybe a '69 Camaro, 66 Mustang and a '68 Charger atleast.
 
the Cobra sounds like a lawn mower rock climbing.
still a "neat" car, though.

i miss my Charger.
 
I'm not really a fan of muscle cars, but i guess it would be cooler to have a more varied selection of cars.
 
They shoul have put at least one holden in there eg. EH or an old gts!! they were so cool! or even an FJ! they were sick!
i did like thought they gave us for the ford.........but its a ford :thatsodd: !.....holdens are way better :p
 
That Tickford is a sorry excuse for a car let alone a race car.

You should be lucky that Australia had any car at all. With a population of only around 20million. Mind you there arent many countries that make cars I guess, but even though I hate them, I would like to see the Hyundai Rally Car because they have really been pushing the rally scene, alot more than Lancia.

I still wish there was a 2000 Ford Focus Hatchback, just so that we could really see how much they suck, a 1999 Chev Cavalier, so that everyone can see how bad they are to mod and 1988 Mustang 5.0, and Camaro Z28 because EVERY one who owns any of these four cars seems to mod it in some way. and they seem to be the people most eager to race.
 
Old musclecars are boring and slow. The Vipers, Vettes, & Mustangs are enough for me.
 
The V8 supercars may suck compared to F1 or Lemans cars and some of those LM cars, but obviously you havent seem them race in real life! its awesome!! they make the best sound!, not like that annoying whine by the F1's and LeMans cars :p
Its the best to see your everyday aussie ford or holden hotted up to the ****house! and raced!
I mean to get 620hp out of a 5.0L Naturally Aspirated V8 :eek: is quite an achievement! and it also gets up to 300kph coming down that straight, out of mt bathurst!!
So yeah they dont suck for what they are, and intended for. :p
Peace
 
I'd like to have seen som musclecar racing in GT3. I thought it was one of the most fun things in gt2, after driving the "road-hugging" racers, it was nice driving a heavy v8 driftin' charger..
I hope they will be back in GT4
 
The ford focus is a great car. It has nice styling and drives like its on rails. The suspension geometry is great, giving you a soft ride, but it doesnt float.

I think you're being a tad of a hippocrit when your name is "12sec. civic".
 
The 427 stingray from GT1 rocked :)

The ford focus is a great car. It has nice styling and drives like its on rails. The suspension geometry is great, giving you a soft ride, but it doesnt float.

I think you're being a tad of a hippocrit when your name is "12sec. civic".
 
Hey, I am just going by the facts. The Ford Focus is the number one lemon in North America, it has also had more recalls than any other car on earth!!! Recalls in the United States atleast.

Focus Horror Story:
My brother who owns a 366hp 1988 Ford Mustang and loves Fords convinced his friend how good Fords were, so his friend went out and bought the brand new 2001 Ford Focus SVT, otherwise known as the Focus ST170 in Europe. Well that thing is the slowest crappiest piece of garbage on the planet. My sister has a 1993 Nissan Altima 4 dr with a 5 spd and we tested both of them with our G-Tech Pro,(a device which measures 0-60 and 1/4 mile etc.) The Focus did 0-60 in 9.11 sec and the Altima did it in 8.2 sec!!!! The Altima is 250lbs heavier, has 20hp less and is not branded or marketed to be a performance hot sports car AT ALL....

My brothers friend is needless to say disgusted with his car purchase and I haven't even got to the funny part yet!!! Since there are only going to be a limited number of Focus SVT's, Ford dealerships are marking them up by as much as $10,000!!!! With an MSRP of $25,000 (Canadian), my friend bought his for $35,000!!! About 2 months ago I saw one priced at a mind boggling $36,990!!!! I would love to drive the guy who just bought that car to the Subaru dealer and show him the sticker on the killer WRX that says $34,500!!! Or even to the Acura dealer to see a top of the line RSX Type-S for $27,500!!!
 
I never drove the st170, but the normal focus is a solid car. I dont think it was built to be raced or thrashed, but in europe the market is for space, economy, and handling. The focus excels in all of those departments.

Sounds like your brother got a bum deal, but i bet the focus out handles the altima (if it doesnt, go blow up your nearest ford dealership :P).
 
Well, its not my brother who bought it, my brothers friend. If it does outhandle the Altima, which it probably would, I can assure you it is because of the tires they have on that thing. he has to get new tires every 18,000kms because they are softer for better grip so that it will look good in the magazine tests but they leave the owner to either buy expensive soft grip tires every 18,000 kms or buy some real tires for cheaper that will last longer and be able to grip in snow, but not have a car that handles like it was supposed to.

My word of warning. STAY AWAY FROM FORD AND/OR THE FOCUS.

I have a subscription to Top Gear and they trashed the Focus for being no where near the level of its competition. They even said "The Focus never feels like its making the full 170hp" I fully agree, you have to drive it to know, I would guess it is putting down maybe 135hp to the ground.
 
:/

Well, ford traditionally are bad, but they turned it around (the focus took off in europe amazingly...mostly due to the styling) and the new fiesta is also doing well.

Id much rather have something a bit more lively like a new mini (oops...i do), but yeah...the regular focus does its job well enough.

The ST220 is a nice car though *hot mondeo). I've had a go and i thought the performance would translate down into the focus. Guess they screwed up then :/

Ford have an affection for screwing up. First the pinto, then the explorer+firestone combo, and now the 170 is a dud. Oh well...

At least GT3 is only a game...itd suck in RL :/
 
well in australia we have ford v's holden and untill now holden have always beaten them! in powerfull sedans, but now ford have introduces a hug range of new sporty sedans, some are turbocharged V6's and them the beefier 300-350kw V8's so now they have a car which is as powerfull as the Holden HSV GTS (350kw) and our aussie made cars are awesome!! they are tough, reliable and pretty cheap for what they are! so yeah all the fords and holdens that are made in oz are good but the imports for ford do kinda suck!
Peace
 
I'd love to have some old Maros and T/A's.

Also some real old cars like 32 Ford would be nice as well.
 
Actually, they ought to do a GT Classic to go with GT Concept, which would have all of the old American, British, and other muscle cars, as well as the Jag, Ferrari, Lamborghini, etc. grand tourers from about 1963-73.

But of course no manufacturer is going to spend more than a couple dollars to support some well established and long-dead classics for the sake of a game. So PD would have to do it as a labor of love, and we all know what that means.
 
Originally posted by cubits
:/

Well, ford traditionally are bad, but they turned it around (the focus took off in europe amazingly...mostly due to the styling) and the new fiesta is also doing well.

Id much rather have something a bit more lively like a new mini (oops...i do), but yeah...the regular focus does its job well enough.

The ST220 is a nice car though *hot mondeo). I've had a go and i thought the performance would translate down into the focus. Guess they screwed up then :/

Ford have an affection for screwing up. First the pinto, then the explorer+firestone combo, and now the 170 is a dud. Oh well...

At least GT3 is only a game...itd suck in RL :/

Do you live in europe/uk?
Trust me the europe built focus is a completely different animal compared to the american built one. Infact recently the focus passed some huge german reliablity test. If you see what the UK/europe is getting in terms of a Phat sporty Focus we get this!

I present to you the Ford Focus RS

Its 210bhp turbo!

Its also in GTConcept tokyo geneva

Focus RS video GTC

Well fords may suck everywhere alse but they dont suck where I come from!
Ford Cosworths and RS models Rock :D
 
Yes, i was in the UK until recently. I said the focus was reliable and handled brilliantly. I love the ST220. I'm not so keen on the RS though, i wanted 4wd, and they didnt deliver.
 
I think it would be sweet if they had more muscle cars in GT. Of course along with this they would need a drag racing mode. I'd like to see some Chevelles, Camaros, MUSTANGS (especially a 67' fastback. Little thing has acceleration out of this world.) The Shelby Boss series would be great in the game too.
 
i miss my 67 camaro from gt2. i thought it was a pretty bad idea taking out all the muscle cars, especially the old shelby gt350 and the 67 camaro.
 
Originally posted by Bam
i miss my 67 camaro from gt2.

Oh yeah, that was a good one! You could put dirt tires on that and rally it... :lol: Ah, memories.
 
Originally posted by cubits
Yes, i was in the UK until recently. I said the focus was reliable and handled brilliantly. I love the ST220. I'm not so keen on the RS though, i wanted 4wd, and they didnt deliver.

Yeah, 4wd would have been nice, mind you so would an extra 70bhp so it could keep up with the lancer and the wrx.
 
Back