Why won't any gear ratios except 6th save? Video inc

• Thread starter Sonnettie
  • 14 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
For some reason when I try to change any of the gear ratios it won't save the settings (it does save the last gear, 6 or 7, and all other settings, strangely) but it won't save any other gear ratios when I go to another place, race or even change to and from any saved tuning profile, I included a video of it to see if anyone knows why, or has the same problem?

GT7 on PS5

PS still happens after the new GT7 update and new PS5 update, also after restart

Last edited:
Solution
Yeah this is bs needs to be fixed asap
Also, i don't understand kph as easy as I do mph, and changing this setting in the options to imperial or mph (or whatever it is) makes no difference what so ever to any of the tuning settings, it's like this game is still on beta phase, I mean they've done such a good job with most of this game and there technical skills are amazing so why these silly and easily fixable problems?

Other stuff I've noticed...

When you play the licence demonstrations a lot of the time it plays at 100x normal speed, then usually crashes,.

In sports mode, sometimes cars fly about at 5000mph or look like there having fits

In places where there's a wall close to your car and your in 3rd person you can't see...
Maybe this?

Attachments

• 9A19DDFD-E8AC-4966-B948-D81C01229056.jpeg
    9A19DDFD-E8AC-4966-B948-D81C01229056.jpeg
    38.9 KB · Views: 56
Maybe this?
Maybe it's related, but I can progress, and have progressed past that point and I have tried restarting (game and PS5), and I can save all other settings, even the last gear ratio, just not any others, strange, can you save them? Like after you change back and fourth from a saved running profile or change races? also still the same after that GT7 update a cpl hours ago, was hoping that would fix it too 😢

Yes and no. I can change them and they seem to be saved, but I have noticed the 6th gear always move when I try to change final gear.
Maybe the whole gear ratio database is fcuked up? At least you can save yours, even when you change from one sheet and back again? Tbh it's making me lose interest in the game, as this is the only tuning that can actually be advantageous, the rest are basically select the best/most expensive option and that's you, your done, and have same specs as 99% of other players, where as the gear ratio you can spend lots of time on and have a unique car to complement your particular skills and weaknesses, only thing being, I did spend a "lot" of time on it, research, calculations, maths, copying equations etc, and found out it was all wasted and I just ended up having the defaults at the end anyways, I don't know why no one else has noticed this or experienced this? Unless they just haven't noticed, like me at first tbh

Hey I just found a bug/glitch? While trying to get this to work, if you keep turning all the ratios one a time, in order, to the left continuously, eventually your car will only have one gear, put final to the far right, and your car will have an op performance as you don't waste time changing gears and set it so the 1st gear maxes out at about 80% at full RPMs, obviously I can only do one race at this setting as I cant save it lol, but, again PD, WTF?...

Last edited:
OMG it gets worse, now I can't delete a duplicate tuning card, and if I try to it sometimes deletes a different random card! what's going on PD?

Last edited:
Have you tried. Stop the game. Delette your save game locally and start the game again?
I can't believe I never tried this, thanks, I feel like an idiot not doing this 1st lol. I thought coz it was a constant online game it wouldn't make a difference coz the stuffs stored on a server, which I think it is, as all my tuning sheets, settings, etc were still there and still the same but I 'can' now save the gear ratios, yaaaay!, only thing is, now many of my car's have duplicate tuning sheets which can't be deleted but tbh that's more if an annoying thing then a thing that effects game play, again thanks, I was just about to delete GT7 off my ps5 for space for GTA online E&E in a few days too, glad you thought of that, cheers m8

Oh oh, looks like my excitement was a little premature lol, looks like I can set and save gear ratios to a point, if I verge to far off the default it stops saving certain ones, like they drop of the save file, maybe the save variable size is too small and can only hold so much data? Why this made it into a release I don't know, a simple array size change or even a visible limit in the menu item would fix it? When you release software you must not just "assume" someone won't input a value too high to store, you must limit it yourself. Any ways better than nothing I suppose at least I have a rough idea of the limits and with your solution, if it messes up all together again I can just redo that, so thanks again 😁

Are you having this same problem too? What worked for me, temporarily anyways is to go into storage on your ps5 then goto ps5 game saves, then delete, then GT7, I'm not in the house right now so the options might be slightly different names or that but you should find it, tbh it's still broken it just fixes it for a while but if you turn the gear ratios up or down More than a certain amount it sticks again and you have to redo it again, don't know why this is happening, it's a simple fix on there end.

For some reason when I try to change any of the gear ratios it won't save the settings (it does save the last gear, 6 or 7, and all other settings, strangely) but it won't save any other gear ratios when I go to another place, race or even change to and from any saved tuning profile, I included a video of it to see if anyone knows why, or has the same problem?

GT7 on PS5

PS still happens after the new GT7 update and new PS5 update, also after restart

Also, i don't understand kph as easy as I do mph, and changing this setting in the options to imperial or mph (or whatever it is) makes no difference what so ever to any of the tuning settings, it's like this game is still on beta phase, I mean they've done such a good job with most of this game and there technical skills are amazing so why these silly and easily fixable problems?

Other stuff I've noticed...

When you play the licence demonstrations a lot of the time it plays at 100x normal speed, then usually crashes,.

In sports mode, sometimes cars fly about at 5000mph or look like there having fits

In places where there's a wall close to your car and your in 3rd person you can't see through it to see where your car is.

some features that are missing or I'd like to see...

Saving a time consuming but simple decal, ie, a banner with your name on it, so you can just paste it to all your cars, without needing to use a pc.

Easy way to save a icon or photo to your profile not just a car pic you've made.

A test 1/4 mile strait road to quickly test your tuning mods.

A table of your recent speed tests with different cars or mods that doesn't only remember your best lap time and nothing about the car, settings or time it was done.

Somewhere in the tuning settings to just see the top speed of a car without having to start a race with a long strait and try to remember it, I know there's the auto set gear ratio to top speed thing but it doesn't work you can set it to way higher than the car can go.

It be good if we could build,paint,decal and tune a car, then sell them to each other after we've finished with it, and that way we could work our way up the car chain and could help others just starting out with little credits, like a player second hand car showroom?

I don't know if some of these things are included and I just cant find them or...?

This is just off my head, the bugs and ideas I mean.

Solution
Back