Why!

  • Thread starter Thread starter LTRules21
  • 15 comments
  • 1,283 views
Messages
232
Messages
smokeymcweed24
I bought a 17 thousand dollar supercharger for my 2005 mustang GT, and it only added 38 HP? whats up with that? Driving Simulator? dont think so
 
17 thousand isn't really that much. No need to get so upset about it.
 
Look at the Torque increase, and from where in the rev range its on tap from...

And to me at least, 17k for this seems pretty fair.
 
It's American, it has a V8, and its not a Skyline/Miata/S2000 therefore Kaz says it doesn't matter...Now if it was Japanese, a V4 or V6 and one of the aforementioned you'd have a reason to complain!

Of course its also a Supercharger and we all know their trash compared to Turbos anyway...

Oops think its time to take my meds :lol:
 
As was said before its not all about hp... Plus it is only 17k.
 
It's American, it has a V8, and its not a Skyline/Miata/S2000 therefore Kaz says it doesn't matter...Now if it was Japanese, a V4 or V6 and one of the aforementioned you'd have a reason to complain!

Of course its also a Supercharger and we all know their trash compared to Turbos anyway...

Oops think its time to take my meds :lol:


Oh god, this could start some flames... (unless I missed some sort of subtle sarcasm??)
 
I bought a 17 thousand dollar supercharger for my 2005 mustang GT, and it only added 38 HP? whats up with that? Driving Simulator? dont think so

Performance upgrades for Mustangs have been disappointing since GT1. What made you think 5 was gonna be any different? Think it'll be any better for 6? Don't bet on it.

That being said, it could've been worse. They could've not offered the option at all and only left the car naturally aspirated.
 
Oh god, this could start some flames... (unless I missed some sort of subtle sarcasm??)

Yeah, I'm gonna bite my tongue in the hopes that the afforementioned statement wasn't truly as stupid as it was typed. Kinda like John Lennon sayin the Beatles were bigger than Jesus.
 
Yeah, I'm gonna bite my tongue in the hopes that the afforementioned statement wasn't truly as stupid as it was typed. Kinda like John Lennon sayin the Beatles were bigger than Jesus.

lol, a little off topic, but yeah it doesnt matter if you belive in Jesus or not - there aint' much thats bigger/more popular than him in the world lol. Except all your other religious figures which would give him a good run for his popularity stakes lol....


ok, better bring this back on topic....

I much prefer the linear power delivery superchargers provide... though modern turbo setups on new cars have mostly addressed this which is good 👍
Its just thinly-modified cars with 1 giant snail bolted on, and a fart can at the back which I cant stand :ouch:
 
Oh god, this could start some flames... (unless I missed some sort of subtle sarcasm??)

Sorry if I had you worried there, guess some people would ignore the first (rather sarcastic I thought) comment and the ending about me needing medication to take a sentence in the middle of that mess seriously!

Well there goes my new career as a comedy writer :p
 
Sorry if I had you worried there, guess some people would ignore the first (rather sarcastic I thought) comment and the ending about me needing medication to take a sentence in the middle of that mess seriously!

Well there goes my new career as a comedy writer :p

With such drama queens, it's sometimes hard to tell intent on here. Now that I know it's sarcastic, good on ya, mate! Good stuff.

Usually, if I feel it can be taken outta context, I use "/sarcasm", just for clarity.

Turbos have their time and place, but they seem a bit more picky about environmental conditions that a supercharger, plus they generally contain more parts than a supercharger. More parts = more things that can go wrong. Unlike superchargers, however, turbos can be tuned to provide better mpg returns, although that means absolutely nothing in this game.

When it comes to this debate over which is better, the only correct answer is the same answer that any engineer will give you: "It depends."
 
Performance upgrades for Mustangs have been disappointing since GT1.

The Mustang was not in GT1. A few of them first showed in GT2. I would agree that they didn't get very good power-ups. Not as much as a lot of Skylines, but also not as much as much as a '97 Camaro. But at least PD offered us the Saleen Mustang racing car in this game.

Also, in GT4 the 2005 Mustang GT couldn't get to 60 mph any faster than like 6 and a half seconds and ran 15 second quarters while it was stock. :lol: I'm not sure if PD corrected this in GT5 yet, because real Stangs from this era could make it to 60 mph in 5.0, with 13.5 quarters. :rolleyes:
 
How about a couple mid-late 80s 5.0s in the game?
Would that really be asking to much?

In fact how about some 80s American cars period?
Was thrilled to find the Buick GNX. But didn't the 80s mark the return to performance for American cars and the pony cars in particular?

And yes its yet another ugly middle aged American complaining...I'm sure there are plenty of British, Australian, European and others asking the same question about their favorites.
 
How about a couple mid-late 80s 5.0s in the game?
Would that really be asking to much?

In fact how about some 80s American cars period?
Was thrilled to find the Buick GNX. But didn't the 80s mark the return to performance for American cars and the pony cars in particular?

And yes its yet another ugly middle aged American complaining...I'm sure there are plenty of British, Australian, European and others asking the same question about their favorites.

The US lack of understanding the catalytic converter and fuel injection in the 1980's probably has something to do with it. I'm sure the millions of Mustang fanboys rising up in arms because their precious 80's GT only came with 225 hp (fact) instead of 5000 hp.


Face it, if you grew up in the US during the 80's, you know our cars were crap.
 
Face it, if you grew up in the US during the 80's, you know our cars were crap.

And the Japanese imports that stock were able to make at best what 135 bhp and had no better catalytic converters or production values were somehow magically better?

As a matter of fact I got my drivers license in 82. Might just be where I grew up but I saw a lot more U.S. cars that showed signs of real performance than anything out of Japan. Watched a few 300zx and RX7s that thought they were hot get trashed at both the dragstrips and on road course track days.

Sorry to rant and not trying to start a flame war.
 
With such drama queens, it's sometimes hard to tell intent on here. Now that I know it's sarcastic, good on ya, mate! Good stuff.

Usually, if I feel it can be taken outta context, I use "/sarcasm", just for clarity.

Turbos have their time and place, but they seem a bit more picky about environmental conditions that a supercharger, plus they generally contain more parts than a supercharger. More parts = more things that can go wrong. Unlike superchargers, however, turbos can be tuned to provide better mpg returns, although that means absolutely nothing in this game.

When it comes to this debate over which is better, the only correct answer is the same answer that any engineer will give you: "It depends."

Yep, "it depends".

Superchargers have instant response--no turbo lag. The boost is always there because they run off the engine. They are also cheaper and more reliable than turbos. They are good for engines that are already powerful naturally aspirated--which is why you most often see them on large displacement engines. These engines only need a little bit of boost to make tons of power--usually around 10-12 psi.

Turbos are better when you need higher pressure levels, 20+ psi. Smaller engines are obviously naturally less powerful, so they need a lot more pressure to make a lot of power. Turbos are better for this application, as they are more energy efficient than superchargers because they run off exhaust pressure. They are also better if you want absolute crazy power, as the psi levels can be raised so much higher.

So both have their place depending on your engine and what you want to do with it.
 
Back