[Wii U] Xenoblade Chronicles X - Stuck on a Different Planet

• Thread starter Wolfe
  • 67 comments
In regard to the miranium limit, I'm not sure...maybe @Wolfe could chime in?

In regard to the multiplayer, just wondering what you find stupid about it? I haven't tried it out yet.

Basically to play with friend you have first to do one of those squad mission you get on the bottom right, you can circle the objectives with R + L, once you clear one of those, it will open a squad mission in your HQ for the 36 player online but only 4 can do it and that's the one you can do with your friends, once it's complete it disapear. So you have a really small window and have to do stuff prior to that to play with your friends. I would have love to have a certain number of mission you can do with friends, maybe having to unlock them but be sure that if I want to play from 8 to 9 wiht friends I could. Atm it'st just like 5 to 15 mn quest and you're done and can't do more until the next overall squad mission appear.

Is there any real noticable benefit to having the data packs installed? I have been playing without them and haven't noticed much problems load-time wise. Do they help with the pop-in enemies?
GameXplain posted a comparison video last month; it might actually be most noticable with the initial loading time and fast travel, and yes, it reduces pop-in. The thing is, skells go so fast that the data stream can't keep up even if you have the digital version (which is fastest), so any bit of assistance is helpful. I have the basic pack and enemy pack; I skipped the other two.

My playtime is 40-some hours now. I just reached L30 and can use my Mastema...I'll have pictures soon. :) @Mrs Wolfe has gotten really hooked too so we're splitting our time; it makes both of us antsy when it's not our turn. :lol:

If anyone got a good tip to make my miranium limit higher easy I would like to ear it, atm it's at 17.7k but even with new probe for extracting miranium my limit doesnt go that much up.
With four storage probes in a chain, and a booster-duplicator chain linked to the storage probes, my cap is 28050. I could top 30k, but the arrangement was hogging some FN sites with rare minerals. I decided I could spare a few thousand to put them somewhere where they won't get in the way. Unfortunately, I can't remember how I acquired the booster or duplicator probes, sorry. One or both of them were rewards for Kirsty's FN quests, I think.

You're just lucky I'm working on my novel, @Wolfe. If I wasn't, you'd have to pry the controller out of my cold, dead fingers.
I figured you might enjoy this since you like MMORPG-style gameplay, but I didn't even think you'd like it this much. :P

Breath of the Wild got me itching to return to the world of Mira; I killed Ganon last week so I could shelve that game with a clear conscience and begin playing this again. I just made a big breakthrough, so I thought it was time for an update. Besides, I promised screenshots one and a half years ago (@Brend). :lol:

Anyway...holy 🤬 I defeated Telethia the Endbringer. Not a rare accomplishment, but it was the tallest hurdle left in my playthrough. Because minmaxing isn't my thing, it was quite a grindy climb to get there, even after building up my skell to knock down Buchwald the Guardian first (a cheeky bastard who regens ~80,000HP per second).

I'm now orders of magnitude stronger than I was just before I started preparing to fight Buchwald. I lucked out on a couple of rare weapons that might even be good enough to try on some optional high-end tyrants I hadn't planned on fighting. But just reaching the top of the metaphorical plateau is awesome, because now I can get back into the game.

I had promised a picture of my Mastema. Now it just hangs out in the garage, but I got a lot of mileage out of it and even used it to beat the final boss of the main story, who is 20 levels above its chassis class. One of the things I love (and miss) about this game is all the places you can reach by skell-platforming, and the skill it required to get to places like the top of this giant tree (below). Now that I have the flight module, the jump button automatically initiates flight on a single press, which is a shame.

WVW69irOrn0_ixsUWF.jpg

I think there's actually a lot more to see in Mira compared to BotW's Hyrule. It's a gorgeous game that begs for an updated version on the Switch alongside Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (perhaps a separate team could do it like Xenoblade Chronicles 3D).

WVW69ir70mkxEPf3ww.jpg

As I unlocked more types of clothing and armor, I eventually traded my original outfit (above) for a suit of sci-fi "bounty hunter" armor, which cemented the signature look for my character. Here's a selfie I took with an NPC buddy:

WVW69jyTrHgvloCn-m.jpg

Along the way I replaced my trusty L30 Mastema with a L50 Mastema, but when it was time to upgrade to a L60 skell, I opted for a Lailah model and gave it the Mastema's rifle. It has been very effective, and was the only skell left standing in my battle with Telethia the Endbringer. Here it is (on the left) with the second L60 skell I built, an Amdusias (right):

WVW69jYOVXcboWPS8e.jpg

The L60 skells have to be constructed from rare materials, so it took a while to complete my squadron of L60 skells -- Lailah, Verus (red), Mastema (green), and Amdusias -- but it was worth it to achieve the dream of a mecha fleet, even if my AI party members can't make the most of their abilities and frequently wreck them. :lol:

WVW69j0nTwkRuUrdah.jpg

Breath of the Wild got me itching to return to the world of Mira; I killed Ganon last week so I could shelve that game with a clear conscience and begin playing this again. I just made a big breakthrough, so I thought it was time for an update. Besides, I promised screenshots one and a half years ago (@Brend). :lol:

Anyway...holy 🤬 I defeated Telethia the Endbringer. Not a rare accomplishment, but it was the tallest hurdle left in my playthrough. Because minmaxing isn't my thing, it was quite a grindy climb to get there, even after building up my skell to knock down Buchwald the Guardian first (a cheeky bastard who regens ~80,000HP per second).

I'm now orders of magnitude stronger than I was just before I started preparing to fight Buchwald. I lucked out on a couple of rare weapons that might even be good enough to try on some optional high-end tyrants I hadn't planned on fighting. But just reaching the top of the metaphorical plateau is awesome, because now I can get back into the game.

I had promised a picture of my Mastema. Now it just hangs out in the garage, but I got a lot of mileage out of it and even used it to beat the final boss of the main story, who is 20 levels above its chassis class. One of the things I love (and miss) about this game is all the places you can reach by skell-platforming, and the skill it required to get to places like the top of this giant tree (below). Now that I have the flight module, the jump button automatically initiates flight on a single press, which is a shame.

View attachment 650087

I think there's actually a lot more to see in Mira compared to BotW's Hyrule. It's a gorgeous game that begs for an updated version on the Switch alongside Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (perhaps a separate team could do it like Xenoblade Chronicles 3D).

View attachment 650088

As I unlocked more types of clothing and armor, I eventually traded my original outfit (above) for a suit of sci-fi "bounty hunter" armor, which cemented the signature look for my character. Here's a selfie I took with an NPC buddy:

View attachment 650089

Along the way I replaced my trusty L30 Mastema with a L50 Mastema, but when it was time to upgrade to a L60 skell, I opted for a Lailah model and gave it the Mastema's rifle. It has been very effective, and was the only skell left standing in my battle with Telethia the Endbringer. Here it is (on the left) with the second L60 skell I built, an Amdusias (right):

View attachment 650091

The L60 skells have to be constructed from rare materials, so it took a while to complete my squadron of L60 skells -- Lailah, Verus (red), Mastema (green), and Amdusias -- but it was worth it to achieve the dream of a mecha fleet, even if my AI party members can't make the most of their abilities and frequently wreck them. :lol:

View attachment 650092
Man, I love how this game looks so much. It definitely intrigues me more than BoTW. A Switch port would be superb, Xeno 2 looks so different that I think I will miss X's bonkers OST and visual design.

Out of curiosity, what's your playtime at now for the game? :lol:

Out of curiosity, what's your playtime at now for the game? :lol:
292 hours. I'm close to 100%, but that achievement skips a small but significant portion of stuff. :) I still have a handful of quests to do. Among the things that don't count, there are also a bunch of tyrants I've never fought or even seen, and I'm sure there are named landmark spots I have yet to discover.

I'm not sure I'll be playing to 100% again, but once I complete this playthrough then I can allow myself to start a second playthrough of the main body of content sometime, with a different sort of character. There are plenty of opportunities in the sidequests to explore different dialogue and quest outcomes. :)

Back