Wikileaks

• Thread starter Sage
  • 511 comments
UK promised Ecuador apprentely they wouldn't extradite him to the US, I wouldn't bet on it though.

I don't think he risks Death Row, Chelsea Manning was the one who did the whistle blowing Assange's WikiLeaks just published it.

Given the lengths the US went to get Snowden when he flew to Russia from Hong Kong(including forcing the Bolivian president's Jet to land so they could search it in France), there is little chance he is not getting sent to the US.

They finaly got the fool. Even trump is saying he doesnt know about mr wiki .

He is being charged in states for helping ms manning crack a password . I guess we might see how he holds up in that cuban hotel where they waterboard .

Fool? That is not a word I would use to describe someone with a genius IQ.

I don't know how he was able to stay in that building for 8 plus years, I would of risked Death row by that point to leave.

He looked very worse for wear when he was taken out as well.

He's 47 going on 75 by the looks of it.

"He faces a maximum sentence of five years in prison"

By Jove, they got him now, lol, 5 years is the maximum, he'll be out in 1-2 with time served if they even manage to extradite him.

Thing is though, some are lauding his arrest because he's a pervert, a rapist, a whatever, whilst others are defending him because of his work with WikiLeaks. It's entirely possible that Julian Assange is persecuted for uncovering government cover-ups and misdeeds whilst also being a beast. I really don't see why it apparently has to be one OR the other.

I will be shocked, SHOCKED if he faces extradition to the United States! ...Well, not that shocked.

Thing is though, some are lauding his arrest because he's a pervert, a rapist, a whatever, whilst others are defending him because of his work with WikiLeaks. It's entirely possible that Julian Assange is persecuted for uncovering government cover-ups and misdeeds whilst also being a beast. I really don't see why it apparently has to be one OR the other.

I will be shocked, SHOCKED if he faces extradition to the United States! ...Well, not that shocked.

You mean those trumped up charges used as an attempt to extradite him to the US? Those are about as trustworthy as Bill Clinton on Jeffery Epsteins's plane after he is told not to touch anyone inappropriately.

I do think it's very possible Julian Assange is an absolute jerk to be around though, people with genius IQs often are difficult and awkward when they interact in social situations.

What i find funny is after everything was released by wikileaks , nothing happened . What was even more entertaining was people being shocked at what the american govt. Was up to like it was just exposed when infact most of it was being talked about way before wikileaks.

When the patriot act came out , first thing said was they will use it to spy on americans ,and here we are .

Then the stuff that came out about the american military abusing and flat out murdering folks well we knew about that when it was going on also .

And yes i call him a fool for thinking the american military and spooks were just going to give up on getting him ? Trumps remarks prove mr assange was just a usefull idiot as the saying goes

Trump in 2016: 'I love WikiLeaks,' Trump now: 'I know nothing about WikiLeaks'

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/11/politics/wikileaks-donald-trump-julian-assange-

campaign/index.html

And Theresa May, you are pathetic too "no one is above the law"- what a crock of you know what. Right, and we are supposed to believe that Theresa?

I wouldn't worry too much about her, she represents about 75,000 people in Maidenhead and Windsor, somewhere down South. And only two thirds of those voted for her. :D

Agreed. The sexual allegations should be investigated properly (although I understand they might have expired?). The other leaks are a separate issue, so to speak.

I do think it's very possible Julian Assange is an absolute jerk to be around though

I agree, I think it's highly likely.

You mean those trumped up charges used as an attempt to extradite him to the US? Those are about as trustworthy as Bill Clinton on Jeffery Epsteins's plane after he is told not to touch anyone inappropriately.

Also agreed. The interesting thing is that Assange isn't a journalist per se. Or at all. My instinct says he should have some kind of journalistic privilege regarding the information that was handed to him, but my brain wonders what?

I'm happy to hear this lol.

He's a pretty terrible person IMHO.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/wikileaks-reportedly-outs-100s-of-afghan-informants/

Afghan War documents leak - Wikipedia

"I reviewed the statement of someone that a London paper claimed to be speaking for some part of the Taliban. Remember, the Taliban is actually not a homogenous group. And the statement, as far as such things go, was fairly reasonable, which is that they would not trust these documents; they would use their own intelligence organization's investigations to understand whether those people were defectors or collaborators, and if so, after their investigations, then they would receive appropriate punishment. Now, of course, that is — you know, that image is disturbing, but that is what happens in war, that spies or traitors are investigated.
— Julian Assange,"

Taliban Study WikiLeaks to Hunt Informants

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wo...hanistan-Taliban-hunting-down-informants.html

Taliban Says It Will Target Names Exposed by WikiLeaks

The treachery of Julian Assange | Nick Cohen

"A reporter worried that Assange would risk killing Afghans who had co-operated with American forces if he put US secrets online without taking the basic precaution of removing their names. "Well, they're informants," Assange replied. "So, if they get killed, they've got it coming to them. They deserve it." A silence fell on the table as the reporters realised that the man the gullible hailed as the pioneer of a new age of transparency was willing to hand death lists to psychopaths. They persuaded Assange to remove names before publishing the State Department Afghanistan cables. But Assange's disillusioned associates suggest that the failure to expose "informants" niggled in his mind."

The interesting thing is that Assange isn't a journalist per se. Or at all. My instinct says he should have some kind of journalistic privilege regarding the information that was handed to him, but my brain wonders what?
Assange is a publisher.

“Truth is treason in the Empire of lies.” - Ron Paul

Wikileaks in 2018 released the names of ice agents and yet today fox n friends was loving him up . Welcome to bizzaro world .

When ms manning was caught most the folks on the right were all to happy to see manning go to the slammer and now mr assange is a hero ?

Must be lot of folks walking around looking like pretzels

Wikileaks in 2018 released the names of ice agents and yet today fox n friends was loving him up . Welcome to bizzaro world .

When ms manning was caught most the folks on the right were all to happy to see manning go to the slammer and now mr assange is a hero ?

Must be lot of folks walking around looking like pretzels
It's Partisan Politics what else is new.

I thought what Assange and Wikileaks were doing was usually a great service right up to the point of it being weaponized by political candidates and the increasing feeling of them going through with things to cause damage to governments rather than actually expose corruption. That Assange comes off as a hypocritical scumbag doesn't help, though the rape charges against him always seemed somewhat convenient.

Assange is like Petyr Baelish, but openly exposing the realm as a lie. If the realm has its way - and it will - it will silence Julian Assange and mount his head on a spike.

George R.R. Martin > Quotes > Quotable Quote

“Petyr 'Littlefinger' Baelish: The realm. Do you know what the realm is? It's the thousand blades of Aegon's enemies, a story we agree to tell each other over and over, until we forget that it's a lie.

Lord Varys: But what do we have left, once we abandon the lie? Chaos? A gaping pit waiting to swallow us all.

Petyr 'Littlefinger' Baelish: Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, are given a chance to climb. They refuse, they cling to the realm or the gods or love. Illusions. Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.”

― George R.R. Martin, A Game of Thrones

EDIT:

A woman with large amount of brass.
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/438542-gabbard-assange-arrest-is-a-threat-to-journalists

Last edited:
Well they pulled the age old sexual scandal trick and that didn't work. What's next? Assassination or kidnapping?

Or will he die in British prison under mysterious circumstances?

John Pilger offers very firm views on human rights, democracy, power and superpower, and even 5G technology.

So Assange is being held in a Maximum Security prison being stuck in his cell for 23 hours out of 24, is this standard procedure for a Bail jumper?

So Assange is being held in a Maximum Security prison being stuck in his cell for 23 hours out of 24, is this standard procedure for a Bail jumper?
I think it is for a high profile bail jumper. The same I they feel there may be a risk to his well being. And also, the same when they feel like being 🤬.

It's probably not standard procedure for a bail jumper, but I'd have to imagine "guy who arguably committed treason" is probably even below "guy who stole his own shirts" in the prison pecking order.

It's probably not standard procedure for a bail jumper, but I'd have to imagine "guy who arguably committed treason" is probably even below "guy who stole his own shirts" in the prison pecking order.
The legal requirements for a treason conviction are enormous; prohibitively unlikely. Assange's great crime is exposing the truth, ripping apart the lies of Earth's greatest and assumptively most moral regime. His continued existence on Earth is absolutely intolerable because of the heinous crime of...embarrassing us. He will die in the cold and dark with a mouse stuffed down his throat.

That's of little real consequence if the British equivalent to Bubba Jo shanks him in the prison shower.

I don't think you actually read my first post if you think I was making a point about his chances at losing a hypothetical treason charge in court in the same post that I referenced a Norm Macdonald joke about OJ Simpson.

Last edited:

US Justice Department files 17 cases against Julian Assange. Each respective case carries a maximum of 5-10 years imprisonment so basically... you'll never see him again.

UK Justice Secretary Saijd Javid will rule which of the extradition requests takes precedence. The Swedish one was filed first but let's be real, don't hold your breath.

I thought what Assange and Wikileaks were doing was usually a great service right up to the point of it being weaponized by political candidates and the increasing feeling of them going through with things to cause damage to governments rather than actually expose corruption.

I also have this feeling. We've gone from hackers trying to tell us the truth about government conspiracies and corruption with the media machine trying to prevent it, somewhat noble sure, to now getting "the dirt" on a candidate to derail their campaign or simply defame them.

US Justice Department files 17 cases against Julian Assange. Each respective case carries a maximum of 5-10 years imprisonment so basically... you'll never see him again.

UK Justice Secretary Saijd Javid will rule which of the extradition requests takes precedence. The Swedish one was filed first but let's be real, don't hold your breath.

I also have this feeling. We've gone from hackers trying to tell us the truth about government conspiracies and corruption with the media machine trying to prevent it, somewhat noble sure, to now getting "the dirt" on a candidate to derail their campaign or simply defame them.
Disagree, what was shown was important, it showed obvious media Collusion with a candidate and how the political process was being rigged from within the DNC.

These are things that people should know about and will help improve things going forward it simply isn't just dirt on a candidate it's a wider issue that America has with politics, that was being exposed.

Is it still true that everything Assange has published has turned out to be the truth?

Aye, that's the problem. We can only take so much truth before it chokes us. Lies are the oil in the system that make it work. On a recent episode of GoT Jon Snow told the truth when telling a lie would have united the 7 Kingdoms with its main rival against an enemy (climate change, alien zombies) that threatens all humanity.

Sometimes a beautiful, useful or necessary lie is preferable to an ugly truth.

It will be instructive to follow Assange's fate and see how various players in this dance of power are affected. I think we all have something at stake, even if only our belief and trust in media in general.

Back