Wildfire Season

• Thread starter Joey D
  • 42 comments
This was as of yesterday:

1624766034876.png

We went on a drive up north today and I can confirm that everything is closed and roped off to keep people from hiking down trails. Cars parked on the side of the road that didn't listen had tickets put on their windows. It was super hazy most of the time which, as bad as it sounds, was nice because along with the clouds it blocked the sun and made it a bit cooler.

20210626_162651.jpg

20210626_122028.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 1063879

Picture of the Sparks lake fire about 40 minutes away from my place . Also it is still 90 f at midnight here .
So this prompted me to change the title of this thread. But looking up the Sparks Lake Fire, it appears to be over 2,300 acres now whereas yesterday it was just 250 acres. That's an extremely quick growth which is clearly not being helped by the hot, dry temps.

We're getting all the smoke from those fires settling down in the Salt Lake valley. The air here is gross and everything is a weird shade of orange. Normally the mountains are completely visible from my apartment, but this is what it looks like today:

PXL_20210712_145846354.jpg

That's insane. I just watched a video the other night about the biggest fire in CA that grew over 20,000 acres in a single day.

The Beckwourth Complex fire at 6:50:

Last edited:
I really hope the Mariposa Grove doesn't get too much damage. I was there years ago it really is one of the most incredible places.

This is burning fairly close to where I (and pretty much 95% of Utah) live. My wife is at a party west of where we live and said it looks like it's snowing with the ash falling down.

Not looking good in Western Europe at the moment.

IMHO this is an extra bad development, as it comes on top of other European crises concerning energy and food, not to mention an alarming war. And curiously, the Euro has broken below par with dollar.

Back