Will current PS4-compatible racing wheels be compatible with the PS5?

The post you first quoted was just pointing out to Thomas a second source of where the information had come from, and no one said it was guaranteed, just that it was highly likely based on events from the past (and with the added first time stated "future GT games"). ;)
The theme of the thread did seem to be a disagreement about whether or not it was being guaranteed. For example, one post asked "But does it say that this includes GT games on future consoles?". The reply was "As far as I know future GT (I believe this is Gran Turismo?) games are going to be on a future console. Also as far as I know the next GT game will be on the PS5.". This implies that the poster is interpreting the statement about support for future GT games as including when they run on future consoles. The post I replied to appeared to be posted in support of this point of view.

Anyway, the two of us seem to be in agreement that the statement that it will be supported by future GT games should not be read as referring to future games running on platforms that are not listed as supported.

The theme of the thread did seem to be a disagreement about whether or not it was being guaranteed. For example, one post asked "But does it say that this includes GT games on future consoles?". The reply was "As far as I know future GT (I believe this is Gran Turismo?) games are going to be on a future console. Also as far as I know the next GT game will be on the PS5.". This implies that the poster is interpreting the statement about support for future GT games as including when they run on future consoles. The post I replied to appeared to be posted in support of this point of view.
The post you replied to was actually correcting this ''The point being the Thrustmaster blurb just says 'future consoles' ''. If you read post #14 and #15 you'll see what he was demonstrating.

The other quotes were in reply to Thomas' hyperbole nonsense. That same person also wrote ''Nobody knows for sure. It is all up to Sony. We will have to wait and see when the PS5 is released.''

The general consensus of most in the thread was ''we''ll have to wait and see... but we have hope because of backwards compatibility and a small shred from the Thrustmaster's T-GT info''. To me personally, I think the backwards compatibility is a better sign for all of us wheel users going forward.

Anyway, the two of us seem to be in agreement that the statement that it will be supported by future GT games should not be read as referring to future games running on platforms that are not listed as supported.
Mostly, but not quite. I think it should be taken only as ''and other future GT games'' (just as it's written). It doesn't say it will or won't be, and you can't list platforms that aren't yet available, or even have an official name at the time of the wheels release (as was seen with the T500).

So it's a definite ''maybe'' :sly:

Hello. There are 5 months since last reply here and things should start to be clearer. Is there any news wrt this topic? I'm ready to buy a T300RS GT Edition, but I'm worried that in 2 months it won't be compatible with new generation PS5.
Any new thoughts on this?
Thanks.

Hello. There are 5 months since last reply here and things should start to be clearer. Is there any news wrt this topic? I'm ready to buy a T300RS GT Edition, but I'm worried that in 2 months it won't be compatible with new generation PS5.
Any new thoughts on this?
Thanks.
I don't think there is an answer to that as yet, but with PS5 is going to be backwards compatible to play PS4 games, and you would think the wheels that we have been using on the PS4 console would work on the PS5.

Before you buy a T300RS GT Edition, call Thrustmaster and see what they say about being compatible with the PS5 if you are worried.

I don't think there is an answer to that as yet, but with PS5 is going to be backwards compatible to play PS4 games, and you would think the wheels that we have been using on the PS4 console would work on the PS5.

Before you buy a T300RS GT Edition, call Thrustmaster and see what they say about being compatible with the PS5 if you are worried.
Trust me, they will nog give you an answer even if they have a ps5 wheel ready to ship. It's a marketing thing. As a guy with experience from last gent to this gen i can tell you that all fanatec products will probably not work and the top of the line thrustmaster wheels wil. Like T500 did. However i would strongly suggest everybody to wait till new gen is here. buy a used t150 for now.

p.s. i hope drive hub will help us with a 1000 plus wheel out. Not gonna buy a ps5 or a new wheel again. i hope they send out a update so the csw2.5 works again.

Trust me, they will nog give you an answer even if they have a ps5 wheel ready to ship. It's a marketing thing. As a guy with experience from last gent to this gen i can tell you that all fanatec products will probably not work and the top of the line thrustmaster wheels wil. Like T500 did. However i would strongly suggest everybody to wait till new gen is here. buy a used t150 for now.

p.s. i hope drive hub will help us with a 1000 plus wheel out. Not gonna buy a ps5 or a new wheel again. i hope they send out a update so the csw2.5 works again.

Do you really think that fanatec products wont work on ps5. I dont think thats going to happen. Fanatec released just some f1 wheels en bases in less then a year ago. They cant expect people to buy there products voor hundreds of dollars just to use it for 1 year?? I really want to buy the cls elite f1 set right now but I dont know or sure if it will work for ps5. Im like 99 procent sure tho.

Fanatec still dont now if it is compatibele on ps5

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200430-162116_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200430-162116_Chrome.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 92
Do you really think that fanatec products wont work on ps5. I dont think thats going to happen. Fanatec released just some f1 wheels en bases in less then a year ago. They cant expect people to buy there products voor hundreds of dollars just to use it for 1 year?? I really want to buy the cls elite f1 set right now but I dont know or sure if it will work for ps5. Im like 99 procent sure tho.
It's up to Sony really.

It seems clear that PS4 peripherals are all going to work on PS5 - for PS4 games.

As for them working on PS5 for PS5 games? That is very much up in the air.

My gut feeling is we have nothing to worry about. Having said that I would not spend much money on a wheel until I did know for sure.

My t300rs died and i was looking for a replacement. Everywhere was sold out of both the t300rs and the t-gt in the uk.
The stock status at Amazon recently changed from "we are working hard to get stock, coming soon, purchase it and we'll email you an estimated delivery time" to "unavailable".
I then got an email from Currys yesterday where i put the t300rs on stock alert that they were not going to get any more in.
On the face of it, this could be concerning, like they are running out old stock before launching new models.

But then i got an email from box.co.uk saying they just got new stock in for the T300RS. So maybe it's a manufacturing issue with factory shutdowns etc.

What i don't get is, what's in it for Sony to reject current hardware and make the whole of their fan base buy new hardware. Do thrustmaster, logitech, and fanatec chuck them a couple quid so that everyone has to buy new stuff? Controllers are so good now that it's clearly not a performance requirement to upgrade.

In any case i don't think there's any value in trying to decipher and second guess a sentence in a user manual. If mr fanatec doesn't know, then nor does anyone else. However, i would assume that if any one current PS4 wheel was confirmed compatible with the PS5, then they probably would all be?

If current gen games are going to be playable on nex gen consoles, I don't know why console manufacturers wouldn't support the 3rd party hardware used to play those games.

If I play GTS using Fanatec on the PS4 and then when I get the PS5 to play GTSport, the console/game doesn't support it, I'm going to be pretty pissed tbh.

If current gen games are going to be playable on nex gen consoles, I don't know why console manufacturers wouldn't support the 3rd party hardware used to play those games.

If I play GTS using Fanatec on the PS4 and then when I get the PS5 to play GTSport, the console/game doesn't support it, I'm going to be pretty pissed tbh.

You and me both. But there is a distinction between having a game play on a console (in a general sense, which is all they've given us) vs. a game playing with peripherals. It's like they always leave the peripherals for the end of the rumor mill : /

I remember someone on the Fanatec forums saying something to the effect of, I'll wait until official PS5 support is given before I buy a DD wheel'. And then someone else chimes in and bashes them for saying that. It's a thousand dollars FFS, don't shame someone for not wanting to spend a grand on a wheel that could only be usable for a couple years :rolleyes:

That being said, I would be shocked if the current PS4 peripherals weren't compatible on PS5, but you never know *glares at the ps3 cell architecture*

Jerome

When I moved over from the PS3 to the PS4, none of my wheels worked - Fanatec CSR (worked on PS3 and xBox 360) and the Logitech G27. It was Gimx and Drivehub that saved the day but it was a long wait. Worst case scenario.

Best case scenario - all PS4 wheels work on PS5.

It's a 'how long is a piece of string' question...:)

Don't forget the games have to support the wheels as well, like AC on PS4 does not support any Fanatec wheels. Most of the TM wheels and the G29.

For new games that is.

https://support.505games.com/en/sup...eering-wheels-are-supported-by-assetto-corsa-

PLAYSTATION 4 SUPPORTED

Thrustmaster T150 ForceFeedback
Thrustmaster T150 Ferrari ForceFeedback
Thrustmaster T150 PRO ForceFeedback
Thrustmaster T300 Servo Base
Thrustmaster T300 RS ForceFeedback
Thrustmaster T300 Ferrari GTE ForceFeedback
Thrustmaster T300 Ferrari Integral Alcantara ForceFeedback
Thrustmaster T500 RS ForceFeedback
Thrustmaster Ferrari F1 Integral T500 ForceFeedback
Thrustmaster T3PA (3 pedals Add-ons)
Thrustmaster T3PA-PRO (3 pedals Add-ons)
Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
Thrustmaster Ferrari F1 Wheel Add-On
Thrustmaster Ferrari GTE Wheel Add-On
Thrustmaster TM Leather 28 GT Wheel Add-On
Thrustmaster 599 XX EVO 30 Wheel Add-On Alcantara Edition
LOGITECH G29 DRIVING FORCE™ RACING WHEEL

PLAYSTATION 4 COMPATIBLE

Thrustmaster T80
Thrustmaster T100

I don't think there is much doubt that you will be able to use current PS4 hardware to play PS4 games on PS5 - Sony's own controller is an example - it will be needed for PS4 PSVR games as the new PS5 controller does not have the lights required by current PSVR hardware for motion tracking. PS5 VR is clearly going to use a better method for motion tracking.

The trickier question is if PS4 wheels will work for PS5 native games. That is still unclear at the moment.

Last edited:
I think that 505 list not updated.

Here's some gameplay on the ps4 with a Fanatec wheel.

They work, but the FFB is poor, as people have mentioned in the Fanatec forum post you linked above, I have a CSW 2.5 with a drivehub I use for PS4 and I use the Logitech mode for AC, it is night and day, so much better FFB, I nearly gave up on the game and thought everyone was crazy saying it had really good FFB and Physics.

Nobody really knows anything about PS5 compatible products ATM. All we really have to go on is the past. I know when you look at Logitech the G27 the most popular PS3 compatible wheel, and then when PS4 came along it is incompatible. I feel sorry for people who invested heavily in all PS3 wheels and were burned by the PS4 compatibility.

Logitech Model:
Buy a PS2 and a Driving Force Pro
Buy a PS3 and a G27
Buy a PS4 and a G29
Buy a PS5 and a G31

I'm guessing that @Fanatec... could make a PS5 rim for it's CSL Elite wheel base, which would be much less expensive than buying a new rim & base. As for other wheels, I have no idea. Over the years Playstation have sent me several survey invites via email, & I've replied to most of them citing the forced wheel incompatibility from PS3 to PS4 as a major gripe. Maybe they have taken it on board & will listen.

I appreciate that they make consoles at a loss, or near loss, & have to make money in other areas. But, forcing people to buy new wheel & pedals sets that are more expensive than the console itself just has to stop. One possible way they could deal with the situation is to make their own USB adapter to make wheels compatible, that way we could carry on using our wheels & they would get at least some extra money out of it.

VBR
.... One possible way they could deal with the situation is to make their own USB adapter to make wheels compatible, that way we could carry on using our wheels & they would get at least some extra money out of it.

Something like..... Drivehub :)

Something like..... Drivehub :)

If they made one themselves, it could be much better than Drive Hub or GIMX. They could put whatever "security chip" that was required in it, so we could use our DS5's as well as our wheels. They would also have more resources to keep it updated, & trouble shoot bugs etc.

VBR
I'm guessing that @Fanatec... could make a PS5 rim for it's CSL Elite wheel base, which would be much less expensive than buying a new rim & base. As for other wheels, I have no idea. Over the years Playstation have sent me several survey invites via email, & I've replied to most of them citing the forced wheel incompatibility from PS3 to PS4 as a major gripe. Maybe they have taken it on board & will listen.

I appreciate that they make consoles at a loss, or near loss, & have to make money in other areas. But, forcing people to buy new wheel & pedals sets that are more expensive than the console itself just has to stop. One possible way they could deal with the situation is to make their own USB adapter to make wheels compatible, that way we could carry on using our wheels & they would get at least some extra money out of it.

Whole lotta this please.

Jerome

@Tinzo , I prefer not to. I already paid for the Drivehub.

And how would that go? That would require usernames and passwords for downloading the firmware on DH?

And how would that go? That would require usernames and passwords for downloading the firmware on DH?
Yeah something like that. You'll need a PC and buy it like a steam game. OrtOr release a new one for full price. Now that's bad.

Yeah something like that. You'll need a PC and buy it like a steam game. Or they release a new one for full price. Now that's bad.

T500RS is official wheel for GT5/PS3 and is officially supported in GTSport which is on PS4. Why do you think they will not do the same with the T-GT?

Oh... I really hope my old, but gold, T500 get a support for PS5. But i don't put my hopes high for it.

Back