Will GT Academy come back to the US?

• Thread starter Camasi
  • 30 comments
If it goes as well as it should then definitely. There's an udnercurrent of expecting GT Academy to return next year with everyone's take on it.

I'd say yes.

I hope so because i'm going to make round 2 next year. I really regret now competing after the first 2 weeks. I learned manual in the game because of it.

Also, hopefully they learned from this competition and don't pull a Round 2 on us again.

I personally hope so 👍 as I am hoping to do better next time. I had a lot of fun during this competition and am very much looking forward to the next opportunity.

Didn't we all make round 2?

I didn't make it out of Round 1. I missed it by a little over two tenths. I am mad at myself because after the the first two weeks I didn't do the academy until the last day but had been away too long to get in a groove. I've been following round 3 because you guys are so freakin' fast.

I would expect it to come back. Next time they should really scrap the whole regional thing though. There are people in the top 32 nationally who aren't going to Orlando because of where they live! Not cool. 👎

Maybe Canada will even get a shot next time. Not sure on the whole sponsorship and/or legality situation between running a competition including both Canada and the US, but it would be nice to compete together 👍

There are people in the top 32 nationally who aren't going to Orlando because of where they live! Not cool. 👎

Poor EERS ranked 17th nationally isn't going, while the 37th ranked nationally is. I'm 25th nationally and didn't make the cut either. It sucks, but really, those were the rules from the start so I can't complain too much.

I guess we should all just train like it is going to come back next year... if not i guess we will be really good at GT5 lol!

I think there is no doubt it will come back because europe is getting it twice. Why not us? Maybe by then ill actually have my throttle control down lol.

after all this mess i doubt it. but it would be great if it came back. they really need to step it up on the rules tho. start DNF'n cheaters and whatnot

Honestly, I believe it depends on how the participants perform at the Silverstone final and how the eventual winner performs in preparation for the 24 hours of Dubai.

If GT-A USA does return, I believe it will be in 2013 with future competitions in 2-year cycles. The participant pool will have increased to include the newly aged 18yo with driver licenses.

Honestly, I believe it depends on how the participants perform at the Silverstone final and how the eventual winner performs in preparation for the 24 hours of Dubai.

If GT-A USA does return, I believe it will be in 2013 with future competitions in 2-year cycles. The participant pool will have increased to include the newly aged 18yo with driver licenses.

This. Its all really exposure for Nissan. We will also have to see how the programing on SpeedTV does in the ratings as that is also a big $ part of this.

Poor EERS ranked 17th nationally isn't going, while the 37th ranked nationally is. I'm 25th nationally and didn't make the cut either. It sucks, but really, those were the rules from the start so I can't complain too much.

Ya, I'm that dreaded 37th national rank. I should feel over joyed about orlando, but I'm not entirely. Kinda feel like I pulled a fast one on some drivers. IDK, guess thats the rules and theres a few others outside top 32 going. I'm with egghead on changing the region thing if theres another academy. Believe me gonna do the best I can with this oppurtunity. Its been awesome to TT with the best there is on GT.

Ya, I'm that dreaded 37th national rank. I should feel over joyed about orlando, but I'm not entirely. Kinda feel like I pulled a fast one on some drivers. IDK, guess thats the rules and theres a few others outside top 32 going. I'm with egghead on changing the region thing if theres another academy. Believe me gonna do the best I can with this oppurtunity. Its been awesome to TT with the best there is on GT.

I didn't mean to take anything away from your accomplishment, you should be proud. You did a hell of a job and you deserve it. The contest rules were posted for everyone to see well before it started, and it could've just as easily gone the other way.

Have fun in Orlando, and say hi to all my TPRA buddies if you see them 👍

No problem bud. Just wanted people to know that me being outside the top 32 nationally didn't go unnoticed. When setting up competition they probably didn't think there would be that big of gap between each region. A 37.0xx in NE to my 37.4xx in MW for 8th. Thats a big gap, .4 is huge when it comes to racing.

No problem bud. Just wanted people to know that me being outside the top 32 nationally didn't go unnoticed. When setting up competition they probably didn't think there would be that big of gap between each region. A 37.0xx in NE to my 37.4xx in MW for 8th. Thats a big gap, .4 is huge when it comes to racing.

Don't worry, .4 is only big in a TT, in an actual race .4 is a car length, not a big deal, I don't think they are surprised by the outcome, they got what they wanted, top 8 from each region.

I really do hope that GT Academy comes back to the US. After reading Lucas' achievement in being named as an LMP driver in Le Mans. I think that's amazing. It also means that I'll be practicing more in GT 5. I only really started using a wheel when GT5 came out. I think that with more practice, I could be more competitive when it comes back.

I really do hope that GT Academy comes back to the US. After reading Lucas' achievement in being named as an LMP driver in Le Mans. I think that's amazing. It also means that I'll be practicing more in GT 5. I only really started using a wheel when GT5 came out. I think that with more practice, I could be more competitive when it comes back.

Agreed, if there's one thing to be learned from eifel, it's that gentle and consistent inputs gain the best results :)

Don't worry, .4 is only big in a TT, in an actual race .4 is a car length, not a big deal, I don't think they are surprised by the outcome, they got what they wanted, top 8 from each region.

.4 over the course of a race is nothing, but .4 per lap in a race is a big deal. Even in the shortest 20 lap race, the lead car would be out of sight by the end...

.4 over the course of a race is nothing, but .4 per lap in a race is a big deal. Even in the shortest 20 lap race, the lead car would be out of sight by the end...

Imagine .4 on anything with a more than quarter mile long straight: draft much?

0.4 seconds on a straight is not close enough to draft.

Will it return? Who knows, they might show Canadians or South Americans love first. Hopefully all of us at once. 👍

Will it return? Who knows, they might show Canadians or South Americans love first. Hopefully all of us at once. 👍

Have you played online? .4 is DEFINITELY close enough for the draft in GT5

also .4 is the time accrued throughout two laps on two separate tracks, which means I have no doubt he will be more than able to be right on the back bumper of the leader.

.4 Is definetely close enough to draft unless your doing 200mph. At 150mph .4 is about 2 car lenths (or 10-15 feet between the rear bumper of the lead car and the front bumper of the next) and thats enough to draft.

I'd just like to point out you're talking about .4 behind 9th place in the NE (EERS)... not .4 from the leader. You gotta go another 1/2 second up the road to find fix et'al

Back