Will GT Sport Bring rain and variable weather to tracks like mount panorama etc. making wets useful?

Firstly, welcome to the forums. To answer your question in the absolute most thorough way possible; no one outside of PD knows. We/you will only know when an official update announcement specifying wet weather or anything else for that matter is either made by PD or is on the homepage of this site.

Firstly, welcome to the forums. To answer your question in the absolute most thorough way possible; no one outside of PD knows. We/you will only know when an official update announcement specifying wet weather or anything else for that matter is either made by PD or is on the homepage of this site.
Thank you, yes I was just hoping someone had any inside information but don’t you agree this should be in the game already ?

Really hoping they will, but I'm not expecting dynamic weather or night and day cycles. It was my understanding that the lighting engine used for the game would make that pretty much impossible, someone explained that in another thread, unless I misunderstood something :D

However I'm cautiously optimistic that they will eventually bring fixed conditions of rain/drizzle and night time racing. The existence of Wet/Intermediate tires is a good hint for that, as I feel the special challenges on the wet track can't be the sole reason for those tire options.

But only time will tell. And believe me, if anyone here would know something and would be allowed to share .. it would be instant front page material! :D

But welcome, enjoy your time here, this is a great community! :cheers:

Really hoping they will, but I'm not expecting dynamic weather or night and day cycles. It was my understanding that the lighting engine used for the game would make that pretty much impossible, someone explained that in another thread, unless I misunderstood something :D

However I'm cautiously optimistic that they will eventually bring fixed conditions of rain/drizzle and night time racing. The existence of Wet/Intermediate tires is a good hint for that, as I feel the special challenges on the wet track can't be the sole reason for those tire options.

But only time will tell. And believe me, if anyone here would know something and would be allowed to share .. it would be instant front page material! :D

But welcome, enjoy your time here, this is a great community! :cheers:

The lighting is indeed baked into the game. For it to change the game would have to load a new set of textures for the entire track. However it is possible to have an overcast track with intermittent rain while keeping the light the same. The track can never dry up though so it would just be a visibility change with fake rain overlay obscuring your vision. Kaz would probably say that it's not good enough and not do it at all. However we have fog patches on the Nurb early morning, so who knows. Perhaps a rain effect is still possible with wet track textures.

The lighting is indeed baked into the game. For it to change the game would have to load a new set of textures for the entire track. However it is possible to have an overcast track with intermittent rain while keeping the light the same. The track can never dry up though so it would just be a visibility change with fake rain overlay obscuring your vision. Kaz would probably say that it's not good enough and not do it at all. However we have fog patches on the Nurb early morning, so who knows. Perhaps a rain effect is still possible with wet track textures.

One can hope :D

Im wondering if anyone has any information on this. I’m wanting to do an endurance on Bathurst wanting that variable weather with fuel and tyre depletion will make it so much better.
I sure hope we will get it, eventually. My top 3 wishlist for Sport mode is new races, daily, then rain racing, then dirt racing.

I predict we will never see weather. If you're telling me that the PS4 doesnt always hit 60fps and you still seem some z-buffer type vram stuttering issues...

PCARS2 is like $25, problem solved.
Lol I was going to say that playing PC2, F1 makes me never want to race in the wet again!

When drivers complain about tough conditions, difficulty driving etc., they’re not just saying it for the hell of it :crazy:

It does add an exciting element of unpredictability to a race, but then again I say that as a motorsport viewer!

I hope we get snow tracks before rain. Just my two cents.

(I really don’t care. Next game? Sure! Bring on rain and dynamic ToD. In Sport? I have low hopes. 0 chance for any dynamic stuff)

Does it really matter if we have falling rain? Likewise most people race for an hour or two tops in whatever conditions they select. I don’t think there’s great demand for full dynamic whether at 5x-10x whatever transition speed.

GT Sport currently has dynamic dust, stones and tyre marbles. I’d be happy with a damp track with rain thrown up by the cars themselves. If I recall correctly there was a very primitive wet track option in GT3.

Does it really matter if we have falling rain? Likewise most people race for an hour or two tops in whatever conditions they select. I don’t think there’s great demand for full dynamic whether at 5x-10x whatever transition speed.

GT Sport currently has dynamic dust, stones and tyre marbles. I’d be happy with a damp track with rain thrown up by the cars themselves. If I recall correctly there was a very primitive wet track option in GT3.

You don't need 5x, 10x transition speeds. We have plenty 5 - 10 minute rain storms here. Raining consistently for an hour or more is much more rare. The point of it being dynamic is the same as having tire wear. Changing conditions requiring pit strategy. GT5 and GT6 had dynamic weather with an indicator how wet the track is (as it wasn't very visible). It kept the endurance races interesting. Of course just more ways how the AI can screw up. Currently they aren't taking gas anymore in endurance races and run out :lol:

The only time I felt that rain was cool was the 24 mins of Le Mans type thing.

I mean that even fits into their reduced endurance theme here.

It doesn't bother me really. I know many others would like it and any new addition is welcome but if it was implemented in a Sport mode race i would avoid it like the plague because the average ape that enters those races cant understand a braking point on a dry track!
I 100% agree in sport mode no.. not until they fix the penalty system and the way people can get away with being dirty.. I would love it for a GR3-4 Bathurst 20 Lap race so you would have to pit in change tyres and change your driving. That element to me would make the game so much better, I can see the downsides though.

I hope we get snow tracks before rain. Just my two cents.

(I really don’t care. Next game? Sure! Bring on rain and dynamic ToD. In Sport? I have low hopes. 0 chance for any dynamic stuff)
This may be true but I must stay optimistic.

You don't need 5x, 10x transition speeds. We have plenty 5 - 10 minute rain storms here. Raining consistently for an hour or more is much more rare. The point of it being dynamic is the same as having tire wear. Changing conditions requiring pit strategy. GT5 and GT6 had dynamic weather with an indicator how wet the track is (as it wasn't very visible). It kept the endurance races interesting. Of course just more ways how the AI can screw up. Currently they aren't taking gas anymore in endurance races and run out :lol:
Well said

@BlackHammer

Optimistic about what part? There really is no hope for anything dynamic. Light is baked into the scene ++++. Kaz said so himself, remember. Optimistic for any rain at all? Yeah me too. But I’m realistic too. :sly:

Also, I know you’re new - but you shouldn’t double post(or, quadruple post like you did). If you have more to say after you initially press Post Reply, you should edit your post before you start a new one. :) other than that, welcome to GTPlanet!

Wet road but no rain I guess. Remember that Special Stage Route 5 wet variant on GT3?

Maybe PD is trying to make the weather have more of a dynamic effect so when you're on a big track like La Sarthe for example, I could be dry on one end and wet and cloudy at the other end, but that's probably not for GTS.

I doing the Nurburgring Meister Mission Challenge. This my be the closest we see to "changing conditions. It's just time of day transition each sector.
Wish it wasn't this way. I'm on the side of hope, but I'm cool if it never comes to be.

I don't see rain coming, especially not in a changeable way where it can go from wet to dry to wet over the course of a race; nor would there be variants in extremity, such as torrential, or light haze/spray, or just slightly spitting, or full on monsoon etc...it would be all or nothing, not that it's coming so it's irrelevant...in my opinion.

That said, why did they include the intermediate and wet weather tyres if they never had any intention of adding the conditions required to make use of them?

It's a pickle.

I think rain is a certain at some point in the games life and was probably originally intended for launch hence the inclusion of wet and
intermediate tire options when selecting your wheels.

After all wet weather conditions exist for the Northern Isle Speedway Mission Challenge event along with the fact we have working
windscreen wipers but I guess the lack of changeable condition variables in game eventually put that on hold.

I hope it's a surprise feature in an update at some point because I miss rain challenges.

Back