Will GT4 have burnouts?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Safe Speed
  • 43 comments
  • 2,682 views
Messages
118
Hopefully this hasnt been asked before cause I dont want to get flamed.

Will GT4 have burnouts when taking off? I mean GT3 had a little squeek when it took off and it would seem so fake to be drag racing in a muscle car on GT4 and take off with a little squeek behind. I want some rubber burning and sliding in GT4 to keep in some realism and fun in the game. 👍
 
^ actually.........I think GT4 does, from seeing the Las Vegas vids, the M5 concept pull away and the GT40 on Capri.........I'd say yes!!! loads of tire smoke and screeeching! :) 👍
 
I don't think that the Burnouts will be improved much more then from GT3. But we never know..
 
Well so far, as posted from Robin, it sounded like it did and im just hoping for the best. :)
 
Thanks for bringing that up. I hope GT4 improves the stand-still burnouts because in GT3 there wasn't a lot of smoke and when you get a good angle, the smoke didn't even cover up the tires. Do any of you guys do this also?: Go to the test course, turn the TCS of and do burnouts? :sly:
 
98cobra
Thanks for bringing that up. I hope GT4 improves the stand-still burnouts because in GT3 there wasn't a lot of smoke and when you get a good angle, the smoke didn't even cover up the tires. Do any of you guys do this also?: Go to the test course, turn the TCS of and do burnouts? :sly:
Yep. That's an area where EA exceeds with almost all of there Need For Speed games, the burnouts are very very realistic.
 
That's really true. When I was playing some EA NFS game I did a burnout in a BMW M5 and though to myself holy crap! There's actually a lot of smoke and it leaves the marks on the ground. It makes me feel pretty good considering I don't have to buy new tires for it when I'm done!
 
Dorifto
That's really true. When I was playing some EA NFS game I did a burnout in a BMW M5 and though to myself holy crap! There's actually a lot of smoke and it leaves the marks on the ground. It makes me feel pretty good considering I don't have to buy new tires for it when I'm done!

Seeing your car struggle for traction amidst wheelspin and acrid tire smoke is a beautiful thing. If you're not trying to go as fast as possible that is.

Considering GT is a driving simulator, I've always wondered how 1000 hp monsters could get off the line (with TCS off) with only a little chirping and a smidgen of wheelspin (and no smoke!).
 
On the other hand, wouldn't smoke kill the FPS? But I really would love to see smoke sit in the air for a bit before disappearing anyway :)
 
Enema
On the other hand, wouldn't smoke kill the FPS? But I really would love to see smoke sit in the air for a bit before disappearing anyway :)
Yeah that's what I want to see; smoke in the air for a few seconds like in Nascar Thunder.
 
Yes, this was talked about a year ago. I think there were pictures of a guy taking off in a Skyline that showed a considerable amount of tire smoke. If a 4WD car did that, imagine what a 550 HP RWD car will do. I do have a new video from OPM that shows the Ford GT taking off from a stand still, and there was some smoke, but not enough to call it a true pre-drag burnout. Of course, the guy was trying to race, and not in the mood for a burnout, but at least smoke was there.
 
98cobra
Yeah that's what I want to see; smoke in the air for a few seconds like in Nascar Thunder.
In NFS: Hot Pursuit 2, when you do donuts you see the smoke fly up into the sky slowly.
 
sUn
In NFS: Hot Pursuit 2, when you do donuts you see the smoke fly up into the sky slowly.
:drool: I hope PD looking at this thread. :scared:
 
PD needs to include backfiring to go along with this. IMO, though.
 
McLaren F1GTR
PD needs to include backfiring to go along with this. IMO, though.
Just like PGR2 once again. Good thinking man, but I don't think we'll see anything big until GT5. :(
 
Don't you guys remeber those offical GT4 vids :confused:, or even the m5 in prologue? there was tiresmoke and screeching as you pulled away! Seeing as most of you have fogotten that there are burnouts in GT4 and lots of tire smoke.......here are a few pics Safe Speed, showing the smoke at its best! :) 👍

Is that enough smoke for ya!...... :D
 

Attachments

  • PDVDbmw.jpg
    PDVDbmw.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 25
  • PDVDbmw2.jpg
    PDVDbmw2.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 36
  • PDVDbmw3.jpg
    PDVDbmw3.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 74
  • PDVDbmw4.jpg
    PDVDbmw4.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 27
  • PDVDbmw5.jpg
    PDVDbmw5.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 35
  • PDVDbmw6.jpg
    PDVDbmw6.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 29
  • PDVDbmw7.jpg
    PDVDbmw7.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 43
  • PDVDbmw8.jpg
    PDVDbmw8.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 17
Aswell I'd like to be able to bog it down, on the start.
 
Safe Speed
GT3 had a little squeek when it took off

I know that GT3 lacks some smoke but if its squeeking you want, then are you sure that you tried switching off the traction control?
 
No offense to the creator of this thread, but
what a dumb question.
 
Apclps
I know that GT3 lacks some smoke but if its squeeking you want, then are you sure that you tried switching off the traction control?

Well im not really asking for squeeks, im asking for tire burning, lots of smoke, and swirving at a stop. :)
 
Well, Speed, it just was...hehe

I like your "bottom line" though.
Kerry the Hippie! hahahahahahahahaha...that's hilarious!
"Help is on the way!" he says.
"But, you gotta wanna be helped..." is how he should finish that.
hehe
 
HOLY S***! That's it!

We NEED the Presidential Limo in GT4!
YES! And those black SUV's for the Secret Service!
All in a special championship just for the Presidential convoy.

"...Red team...the 'football' just turned fastest lap...one lap to go...Blue team...try to block them, but save your tires..."
 
Safe Speed......didn't you see the pics on the previous page I posted! There are burnouts!!! Look at the M5 driving off.....in the vid you can hear plenty of screeching aswell!
 
I think burnouts are very important to realism, in Gran Turismo we are used to beat the AI, so it's not that important if you wheel spin at the start: there's a lot of time to catch up.

So if burnouts are important is not for the looks, but for the sake of realism. Take for example Toca Racer Driver 2 (abut to be released for PS2, btw), in there, through the campaign, you are often starting from the end of the pack, in a 20 cars race! In Toca2, is very important to start well, and you have to work with the gas to make a fast start, it's not very difficult, but at least you feel the race starts with the starting manoeuvre, and not just smashing the gas button and waiting for the computer to do all the stuff for you (and mind you that F1 cars do exactly that, so perhaps what is lacking here is a challenging AI that would make us pray for better traction control devices...)

In short, burn outs should be welcomed, as they would balance somehow the poor (past) AI in GT games.
 
Solid Lifters
Yes, this was talked about a year ago. I think there were pictures of a guy taking off in a Skyline that showed a considerable amount of tire smoke. If a 4WD car did that, imagine what a 550 HP RWD car will do.
Wouldn't a 4wd car create more smoke than a RWD one, since you can get smoke from all 4 wheels.
 
^ I wouldnt have thought that you would get more smoke from 4 wheel drive.......because 4 wheel power gives you more traction, the amount of time that you would be spinning on the line would be nothing......there probably would be no smoke at all.....4wd means faster pull away speeds and less wheelspin....

you would get more smoke from rear wheel drive because all the traction is on the back wheels giving more screeching and smoke......
 
Wouldn't a 4wd car create more smoke than a RWD one, since you can get smoke from all 4 wheels

in theory, yes, but think about it, a rwd car has its front brakes to help it stay still while the back wheels spin. what does a 4wd have?:P
 
squeek
in theory, yes, but think about it, a rwd car has its front brakes to help it stay still while the back wheels spin. what does a 4wd have?:P
Yeah with 4WD you're not going to see a lot of smoke because the front tires are pulling the car forward.
 
Back