Will GT4 have burnouts?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Safe Speed
  • 43 comments
  • 2,682 views
I know it's hard to get all 4 whees spinning but I've seen it done, I can't recall if there was more smoke than other burnouts but I know you can get all the wheels spinning and producing smoke. Either way if proper burnouts do happen in GT4, it will be interesting to see if it's as hard to do in a 4wd car as in real life.
 
live4speed
I know it's hard to get all 4 whees spinning but I've seen it done, I can't recall if there was more smoke than other burnouts but I know you can get all the wheels spinning and producing smoke. Either way if proper burnouts do happen in GT4, it will be interesting to see if it's as hard to do in a 4wd car as in real life.
When you saw it, was it at a stand-still or turning?
 
Stand still, but I cant remeber much about it other than it was a 4wd car (96 Impreza) and all 4 wheels were wheelspinning and there was plenty of smoke, as I said though I couldn't compare it to the ammount of smoke a similarly powered RWD car would make (although I have no idea how powerful this Impreza was) without seeing it again.
 
I saw an 04 Impreza doing donuts spinning like a tornado, but not too much smoke.
 
I really hope it has tire smoke, and maybe marks on the ground. Get a monster car, rev the guts out of it, and click 1st gear, and spin it around and around and around.
:)
 
a skyline gt-r wouldnt make much smoke not only cuz its 4 wheel drive but the traction controle system - ATTESA-ETS or sumthin like dat
 
4wd cars in burnout comps usually have the front tires in the reverse and the rear tires going foward. thats the only way to do an effective burnout.
 
robin2223
Safe Speed......didn't you see the pics on the previous page I posted! There are burnouts!!! Look at the M5 driving off.....in the vid you can hear plenty of screeching aswell!

Yeah man, sorry I didnt reply to that! Those burnouts werent too bad though I still have yet to watch the video. Im pretty sure the cars dont slide around at a stop.

I do hope they add more realistic smoke though 👍
 
DappaDaRealist
a skyline gt-r wouldnt make much smoke not only cuz its 4 wheel drive but the traction controle system - ATTESA-ETS or sumthin like dat

I'm pretty sure the skyline doesn't have traction control. What would inhibit is the variable differential which gives more torque to the front wheels when the rear are spinning.
 
98cobra
Yeah that's what I want to see; smoke in the air for a few seconds like in Nascar Thunder.
It's Chase for the Cup nowadays ;)

And yes, Chase has some awesome looking burnouts/spinouts
 
Victor Vance
It's Chase for the Cup nowadays ;)

And yes, Chase has some awesome looking burnouts/spinouts
I know, my brother has it. :)
 
An all-wheel drive can burn out effectively if it has enough HP, but it won't spin for as long as a RWD car. Straight line burnouts will be short and sharp. If you just want to shred tyres in an AWD car, the best way would be donuts. I've got a video of a 22B doing circle work on an abandoned runway. It looks like he's set the torque split to the rear. There's not much smoke on it, but it looks wicked. A rexxy doing donuts! Woohoo!
You can download the clip (as well as a few others) from here.
 
I've seen a video of an evo 8 doing doughies :D
It couldn't get it going for about half a turn then it just spun, plenty of smoke to, not award winning but more than enough :)
 
Back