Will GT7 be released alongside the Playstation 5's PS-VR2 ?

France
France
Tricky_Vega
This is a simple question which may contain its answer and my opinion in it;

but I'd actually like to open a focus on that subject for several reasons.

621131-psvrdino.jpg

First of all : Why GT7 alongside PS-VR2 ?

Gran Turismo Sport in VR is brilliant.

You have to remember that when Gran Turismo Sport was released
the Virtual Reality was introduced as a revolutionary feature for a racing game,
and worked brilliantly when I tested it at a FNAC store during december 2017.

I never bought a VR mask because I ve always found it too expensive, and liked better buying
a Videoprojector for a wider and multiple use.

What I'm telling here is that Polyphony Digital has now his own expertise to develop their game with a VR feature,
and for Sony it is now a "must" for their PS5 games' roster.

1200-L-jeux-vido.jpg

Secondly : WHEN ?

Not during 2021.

Jim Ryan from Sony has already clearly confirmed that there will be no PSVR2 neither this year nor in 2021
and he simply gave as info for the future, on the subject: "We believe that will happen at some point given…"

And here is his statement on the Washington Post: "Sales were slowing down in 2020." for the PS4
"There are currently no public plans for a specific PS5 headset."

However also said :

"Sony believes in virtual reality and we are confident that at some point in the future,
virtual reality will be a significant component of interactive entertainment."

So there, this is a Jim Ryan's classic move saying there isn't for now but there will be,
because there is actually work in progress for the PSVR2 on PS5, but what he says is
that there is yet no official plan to release it during the coming 2021 year.

gran-turismo-7-trailer-screenshots.jpg

Thirdly : Is it Right or Wrong ?

Or... would you like a great or a rushed Gran Turismo 7 ?

Many times GT7 has been rumoured as a day one or launch window game for the PS5,
lately it's even been corrected from "first half of 2021" to a bold "2021 Playstation exclusive".

There has never been a precise and official release date for the game, because these variations are
actually the results of what Polyphony Digital and Sony want and need to put in Gran Turismo 7.

"No News, Good News !" is a french proverb.

Both the facts that there isn't still any release date Sony slowly and discreetly scheduling future
consoles and accessories is actually a good news for what we might have in GT7.
Because the more time PD takes to work on GT7 the better it will be as a game.

It may be a good thing that PD works on the VR features for Gran Turismo 7 because in the past,
that's exactly what made Gran Turismo Sport looked that beautifull especially on the PS4 pro.

But for now, it is wrong for us players waiting for any pieces of news.

gran-turismo-7-trailer-screenshots.jpg

Fourthly : When then ?! (sorry)

Talking about schedule we enter a tricky discussion and Sony knows it more and more clearly.

Jim Ryan said earlier that we shouldn't expect PS-VR2 during the year 2021,
but I do think and reading his mind that they are actually working to release it for winter 2022, almost
for the PS5's second birthday.

And furthermore we could easily expect a "PS5 Pro" for the PS5's third birthday.
(honestly I have no proof of it, only lines I've been reading telling that a more powerfull PS5 deluxe version's
progress is well advanced)

WHY ? Because people at Sony are really troubled by the fact that PS4's VR is difficult to run on the PS5,
and also because it's already been said that PS-VR2 will work with some haptic elements in the mask
and 3D sound in the headphones.

WCCFgranturismo72.jpg

Gran Turismo 7 would be the perfect game to introduce the PS-VR2 on the PS5.

Can you imagine the perfect bundle PS5 + PS-VR2 + Gran Turismo 7 for Christmas 2022 !?
that'd be such a melee to get a hand on it ! But probably won't happen that way.

In the meantime waiting for Gran Turismo 7, I wish you all keep enjoying Gran Turismo Sport,
try to get a hand patiently on the PS5 as I do.

And wish you all a merry christmas 2020 ! Be safe !

Tricky_Vega

Last edited:
Meh, I don't really care about VR and that isn't going to change unless they allow us to use it in online lobbies and career mode (license tests etc)

Meh, I don't really care about VR and that isn't going to change unless they allow us to use it in online lobbies and career mode (license tests etc)

well .. who knows !? :lol:

Actually

What I tried to explain here is more the why we shouldn't expect GT7 in the early month of 2021,
because I don't really care about VR either, but I'm more curious about the way the game will be optimised with the PS5 on my 4K TV.

Last edited:
Really? Let me formulate it better.

Simple: no PSVR 2 = no PS5 and no GT7.

Do you really think you want to gamble your experience in Gran Turismo 7 only on the release of the PS-VR2,

Of course the VR in Gran Turismo is brilliant but you just can't be that extreme and exclusive :lol:

Do you really think you want to gamble your experience in Gran Turismo 7 only on the release of the PS-VR2,

Of course the VR in Gran Turismo is brilliant but you just can't be that extreme and exclusive :lol:
Yes because I hate playing race games with cockpit view on a single monitor or TV. The lack of peripheral view on a single TV bothers me a lot. I have a 24" triple monitor setup (pc gaming) and although it is much, much better it is still not what I want. With VR, you can "look" into sharp corners and the PSVR 2 is going to be a 120° FOV HMD. I hope it is horizontal and not diagonal.

Buying a PS5, GT7 copy, and a new steering wheel and pedals is too much for a game that has a limited peripheral view in cockpit view. So yes, in this case, I'm that extreme and exclusive. I guess a G27 is not going to be compatible with the PS5. :D

Last edited:
Vr is awesome but the setup is catered to hardcore players who will be playing to race in the game all day.

If you're a casual tho and rarely race then forget about it.

i think there is no chance for PS VR 2 for christmass 2021. They will definately focus on PS5 system. Remember this will be first christmass with PS5 possible to buy. I doubt they will turn down all promotion from PS5 to the next PS VR headset.

How much i know PS VR will be also compatible with the PS5, so you can use it to play GT7 i guess. I"ve tried GT Sport VR and it"s really another world. Fantastic even there is only one mode to play GTS. I hope in GT7 would be possible using VR during all game mode

Yes because I hate playing race games with cockpit view on a single monitor or TV. The lack of peripheral view on a single TV bothers me a lot. I have a 24" triple monitor setup (pc gaming) and although it is much, much better it is still not what I want. With VR, you can "look" into sharp corners and the PSVR 2 is going to be a 120° FOV HMD. I hope it is horizontal and not diagonal.

Buying a PS5, GT7 copy, and a new steering wheel and pedals is too much for a game that has a limited peripheral view in cockpit view. So yes, in this case, I'm that extreme and exclusive. I guess a G27 is not going to be compatible with the PS5. :D

Same for me as well. The only reason I have owned all the PS consoles over the years was Gran Turismo. PS5 and GT7 will hinge entirely on the VR implementation in the game. Without full VR support I have little interest in either of them. After owning a a Valve Index and a full Fanatec setup for the last few years non VR racing games are no longer worth playing. With most of the coming games landing on pretty much every platform the only thing PS5 may have to offer over PC are a few exclusives but that remains to be seen.

I have enjoyed both console and PC hardware over the years but owning a decent PC makes console ownership extremely optional.

Thanks for that more explicit reply ... And on some points you're right.

That made me think that I'd like better a multi screened PS5 pro (1x 2.1 HDMI + 2x 2.0a HDMI outputs) rather than the PS VR-2

I wasn't especially introducing PS VR-2, but more explaining why we should expect GT7 more "later" than "sooner" during 2021 in the probability the game would be compatible with PS VR-2 in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:
If they postponed GT 7 until beginning of 2022 to lump it in with the PS5 pro and VR..... I'd be in.

...under the assumption that they gave us some more updates for GTS and some more carrots for GT7. After watching plenty of youtube.com videos of Iracing, and switching to cockpit view of Gran Turismo very recently, I'm all in.

I guess the majority of future users- players don't care that much about VR and VR doesn't have to do something with the release of GT7.
The development never stops after all and nothing bother them to add VR2 -3 or whatever in a short future.
Its true that we know almost nothing about GT7 at least what has to do with game development- progress,when and how ,but after GT Sport " fail" i think PD learn their lesson.
GT sport aim a small percentage of players around the world with his content and was fully internet dependent and many people turn their back to it ( i did ) .
Hopefully this time PD will look the " Forest" and not a bunch of trees .
Of course it's not bad to add things for the hardcore players but the majority of users don't care that much to use VR or to take part racing among the best of the world .
People mostly wants , pluralism of cars ,tracks ,better graphics ,sound etc. like to have some hours of fun mostly and i don't think that is anyone who disagree to that.
Focusing on " professional " levels of users ,the fun goes away and the fans follow the same path .
GTS is a living example from the beginning since a long time ago from his release the majority was on gt6 till servers shut down .
At 13 of January we expect here the next parts of ps5 , most of them will go for pre-order ,so GT7 have to wait even if it's ready.
I skip GTS and ps4 cause the only reason i use ps consoles till now was GT series and I'll buy ps5 only after the GT7 release when everything is under " Daylight" .
I also believe that in real life " market" is better to " take" few money from everyone ,than take a lot more from a few .

I guess the majority of future users- players don't care that much about VR and VR doesn't have to do something with the release of GT7.
The development never stops after all and nothing bother them to add VR2 -3 or whatever in a short future.
Its true that we know almost nothing about GT7 at least what has to do with game development- progress,when and how ,but after GT Sport " fail" i think PD learn their lesson.
GT sport aim a small percentage of players around the world with his content and was fully internet dependent and many people turn their back to it ( i did ) .
Hopefully this time PD will look the " Forest" and not a bunch of trees .
Of course it's not bad to add things for the hardcore players but the majority of users don't care that much to use VR or to take part racing among the best of the world .
People mostly wants , pluralism of cars ,tracks ,better graphics ,sound etc. like to have some hours of fun mostly and i don't think that is anyone who disagree to that.
Focusing on " professional " levels of users ,the fun goes away and the fans follow the same path .
GTS is a living example from the beginning since a long time ago from his release the majority was on gt6 till servers shut down .
At 13 of January we expect here the next parts of ps5 , most of them will go for pre-order ,so GT7 have to wait even if it's ready.
I skip GTS and ps4 cause the only reason i use ps consoles till now was GT series and I'll buy ps5 only after the GT7 release when everything is under " Daylight" .
I also believe that in real life " market" is better to " take" few money from everyone ,than take a lot more from a few .

I still believe GT7's release will be linked to the PS-VR2 developement

If GT7 is fully compatible with VR, I'll be psyched. I'd be able to replace my Playseat Challenge with a rig I can just keep in the corner somewhere and not have to go through setting it up everytime. Not that it's particularly taxing but it can be a slight annoyance to the point I sometimes skip a planned session because of laziness.

I believe we'll get PSVR 2 + GT7. It should be full VR this time around, both single player and online.

Its crazy how good is VR for simracing

I genuinely think that the sharpness requiered for details in the VR would help to render GT7 even more breathtakingly beautifull

Everybody how has try VR simracing now that it is awesome, you are basically sitting inside a virtual racing car, and not just watch a 2D image on the screen. Im 100% sure that GT7 will be fully functional in Sony new VR classes, only reason that GT Sport VR mode is so limited its that the base PS4 dosent have a horsepower to run big races.

Last edited:
You really think we’ll get a PS5 Pro 2 years into the gen?

I mean, I doubt there even will be a PS5 Pro
Depeneds how gpu tehnology goes in next few years. If we get same cpu, gddr, ssd but with 25tf gpu i would say its worth it

Depeneds how gpu tehnology goes in next few years. If we get same cpu, gddr, ssd but with 25tf gpu i would say its worth it

You might want to look up current issues and shortages within computer hardware circles right now.

They're talking of still having limited supply of PS5 late into this year. They're not going to be able to churn out a second, totally new model by 2022.

For my PC, I have a HP Reverb G2, and it is used exclusively for racing sims for me. I can't go back to flat screen monitors/TVs for racing, or I can really, for GT Sport, but its tough. VR for racing sims is so nice.

You might want to look up current issues and shortages within computer hardware circles right now.

They're talking of still having limited supply of PS5 late into this year. They're not going to be able to churn out a second, totally new model by 2022.
2022 no way, but maybe in 2023 everything is possible. Although in my opinion, PS5 is a beast and much stronger compared to when PS4 was released in 2013.Even low-mid range gaming pc was better than ps4. This time around its different story.

Back