Will GT7 feature an up to date laser scanned version of Nordschleife?

• Thread starter PAKFA
  • 10 comments
Thanks, but both the "Updated Tracks" and "GT Suggestions Forums" are to general and this is a very specific question, because this track is probably the most loved track in any racing game. I've been in quite a few in the past years and the track people want/play the most is Nordschleife. So considering that I think it deserves it's own standalone question.

It will probably not even make it in the Q&A with Kaz, it should have been asked a long time ago to gather up enough votes by now.

Hello, considering two of the major racing games and competitors (i.e. Project CARS & Forza Motorsport 5) already have a laser scanned Nordschleife, will Gran Turismo 7 feature an up to date laser scanned version too?
I almost 100% sure Project CARS doesn't have a laser scanned copy of the ring.
Only forza 5, and Assetto Corsa will or do have it.

Correct, the pCARS ring was created via GPS and photo/video reference like the GT4/5/6 version.

Reactions: VBR
Correct, the pCARS ring was created via GPS and photo/video reference like the GT4/5/6 version.
Well if that's the case I stand corrected, but hats off to them for doing such a good job then.
AC will get it's laser scanned version close to the end of the year, or so they say. Right now AC only has a mod version of Nords.

Anyway, the reason for having a laser scanned version in GT7 still stands and it would still make sense even if no other racing game would have one, which is not the case now.

P.S. Just to make it a little less arguable I will edit my question and just make it simple.

Last edited:
In the 'KAZ' movie, he mentioned about using laser scanning (If i remember correctly), but probably for new tracks only (Willow, etc)

Bigger question might be, is the team big enough that they can afford to do this in house, in terms of the number of person-hours needed to make this happen. Forza says 30 people and 13000 hours. 13000 hours is 6 people for an entire year working on nothing else. Can PD afford to set aside a huge chunk of their entire track modeling team for an entire year? Monetarily yes of course, but how will the other tracks get done? They can't release or create zero tracks for a whole year...or can they? They have for 6 months so far, not counting minor alterations to Monza and Brands Hatch.

The upside to a small, tightly knit team is tighter quality control, better work atmosphere etc. The downside can be slower response times to changing market conditions, slower to produce new product and update old product etc. I have real doubts they can pull this off without bringing people on board to help out, if not permanently, then temporarily, perhaps with some contracting out.

If PD has a small team, then AC's team is minuscule in comparison. They have only 1 guy that does almost all the tracks related work and they are bringing a laser scanned Nords this year. If anything Kunos shows the big boys that it can be done.

Ultimately critical decisions can influence how big of a success a game is. What I'm doing here is just raising the awareness about one of the most played if not the most played track in any racing game (that has it), like I said. It can only mean good if they get an up to date laser scanned version of Nords for GT7.

For me it will be pretty easy since we have 2 more major players into the ring (AC and Pcars), not only the usual GT vs Forza battle. Whichever of these games gets the recipe right, what I'm looking for in a racing game, that one will be my choice.

It's all up to PD if they want to make GT7 great or just above average.

Back