Will GT7 Get Left behind when Forza Motorsports 8 hits the Market?

Will GT7 Get Left behind when Forza Motorsports 8 hits the Market?

• Yess

Votes: 95 19.2%
  • No

Votes: 349 70.4%
  • Not sure Comment below

Votes: 52 10.5%

• Total voters
Canada
montreal,quebec,canada
Hi to all

Let me start saying by, I have bin playing Gran Turismo from ps1. I have always supported polyphony digital.

With all the controversy around Gran Turismo 7 and Lack of Some features our community has asked for, I’m starting to feel that when Forza motorsport seven does come out in 2023 it will annihilate Gran Turismo, I think polyphony Digital need to wake up and start giving us some good content and features to the game before it comes out. Please let me know what you guys all think, I have never supported turned 10 and the Forza motorsports or Xbox for That matter but just looking at the trailer this week and seeing some Acura dpi and Upgraded GT3 And crazy realistic engine bays I can just turn the way. But the key will be the driving do we really think that turn 10 has succeeded???

I’m not sure.

A couple of years ago, and having not played a racing game since GT4, I decided to buy an Xbox One X. Completely impulsive buy. Bought Forza Motorsport 7, thought the graphics were pretty good, but it just didn’t captivate me.

I then decided to buy GT Sport for the PS4 I had back then. Within a few minutes of playing I realised that Gran Turismo just felt right. Despite FM7 being the shinier, prettier game (at least in my situation considering it was running at higher res on the Xbox) it had qualities that made me want to keep playing.

It’s hard to explain why, but it’s as if GT has a soul that other racing games just can’t emulate. The recent preview vid for the new Forza just didn’t do it for me. There’s something about it that’s not quite right.

I sold the Xbox, enjoyed GT Sport, and I’m here today enjoying GT7 on that same PS4. It’s highly unlikely I’ll be jumping ship, and I’m sure I’m not the only one in the same position.

I'm not sure, I haven't played Forza before but I did download ACC (first time playing it).

ACC is really rough around the edges and has way less content but in terms of physics/FFB, GT7 can't be mentioned in the same breath as ACC. My point is that, someone is going to absolutely outclass GT7 eventually and maybe it will be Forza.

No idea. I don't have an XBox so not from my perspective. The new Forza is like 10 months out so not sure why it would matter to PD now. IMO, PD couldn't care less.

Why worry in the first place? The next Motorsport is so far and GT7 will grow up a lot until then. Plus GT fans will stay loyal no matter what. Others are already playing different/multiple games anyway.
Some was worried that GT7 would kill Forza Horizon 5. Ridiculous. The same will happen with GT7 when FM2023 will come. There would be no changes, or very little ones. The biggest obstacle for Forza is the Online community. GT has build a great community and has the best online racing experience on consoles today. Forza on the other hand... Yeah no reason to worry.

I’ve played Forza games from about 2006/2007(Forza 3?) through to Forza Horizon 4. GT been behind, due to lack of imagination. Search this site and threads mention after GT4, PD lost their way.

I’ll say again in similar threads as these, PD have the tools to lead the way, but they’re executing poorly on delivery. PD aren’t trying to catch up. They’re like Bruce Willis in The Sixth Sense.They don’t know they’re dead yet. ;)

I've been hearing the same for over a decade every time a new Forza game is shown and it hasn't happened so far. GT has many issues, but Forza usually doesn't fair much better. Basically things GT does well Forza sucks at and the opposite. I don't know if it'll be the same again, but after the disappointment Forza 7 was for me I don't expect any miracles.

Not entirely. Lots of people can't just switch over to Xbox/PC, or don't want to. Plus, some GT fans are extremely loyal.

We also don't really know enough details about FM yet to determine whether it'll actually be better. It isn't a very high bar to meet in my opinion, but there's always a chance it will be a massive disappointment.

I’m not sure.

A couple of years ago, and having not played a racing game since GT4, I decided to buy an Xbox One X. Completely impulsive buy. Bought Forza Motorsport 7, thought the graphics were pretty good, but it just didn’t captivate me.

I then decided to buy GT Sport for the PS4 I had back then. Within a few minutes of playing I realised that Gran Turismo just felt right. Despite FM7 being the shinier, prettier game (at least in my situation considering it was running at higher res on the Xbox) it had qualities that made me want to keep playing.

It’s hard to explain why, but it’s as if GT has a soul that other racing games just can’t emulate. The recent preview vid for the new Forza just didn’t do it for me. There’s something about it that’s not quite right.

I sold the Xbox, enjoyed GT Sport, and I’m here today enjoying GT7 on that same PS4. It’s highly unlikely I’ll be jumping ship, and I’m sure I’m not the only one in the same position.
Exactly same story by me. I like the "clean" feeling of GT.
And the presentation is consistent.
Forza games every time give me the feeling, it's concipated for teenagers and GT for an older target group.

Assuming Turn 10 has the basics of a motorsport game right, for me it will largely depend on Turn 10's intention with online play (lobbies and series). If they stick with their previous preference to casual players only, then it's a big NO. If they cater a bit for more serious racing, I will add FM, especially if GT7 remains as limited as it is now.

If there will come out a VR update for GT7 in next year, it will get one more sales increase.

Forza cant stop GT with a simple "game". The PS5 platform here makes a big decision for GT7.

And dont forget the dualsense, perfect combined with GT for controller gamers for a immersive feeling.
Microsoft have to improve.

Last edited:
I’ve played Forza games from about 2006/2007(Forza 3?) through to Forza Horizon 4. GT been behind, due to lack of imagination. Search this site and threads mention after GT4, PD lost their way.

I’ll say again in similar threads as these, PD have the tools to lead the way, but they’re executing poorly on delivery. PD aren’t trying to catch up. They’re like Bruce Willis in The Sixth Sense.They don’t know they’re dead yet. ;)
Well said, agree completely.
I simply just don't understand why it takes so long to add events..
While im not quiting on GT, i am frustrated.

I’m starting to feel that when Forza motorsport seven does come out in 2023 it will annihilate Gran Turismo
I'm struggling to see how anyone can even have an opinion on this at this stage, there's so little information available on the next FM game. I'm certainly interested in it, with the fact that it will run on PC a huge positive for me over GT7. A lot will depend on what they have developed for ranked racing. I'd expect a two factor rating system like GTS/7, and the quality of the penalty system will be where the scope for major differentiation is. To "annihilate" GT7, it would need to have an absolutely massively superior penalty system. Maybe it will have that, I'm not sure how anyone can have a clue about that right now.

I’m not sure.

I'm with you on this, i'm not going to jump ship either, i want more content just as everybody else, bud there is already alot beeing said about that.
and i don't know what it is, but i'm just not getting sick of riding Sardenga / Spa / La Sarte, and beginning to replay alot of other races that have less payout just for fun.
And almost every day i'm tuning a car out of the garage, i bought 162 cars and i am at 56% of the car collection so still plenty stuf to tune.

I just like GT7, i'm 39, played GT whole my life, just can't help to like it :lol:

Literally no chance.

One is exclusive to PlayStation.
One is exclusive to Xbox/PC.

So the overlap between players is far lower than say, Call of Duty and Battlefield.

I’ve been hearing x game will kill Gran Turismo for 12 years and it’s never even come close to happening.

So no. No chance. Even with the dire state of GT7.

Gt player since the original and imo Gt has always been behind Forza, at least as far as game play and related features. Just a better racing game. I still preferred GTs driving model but Forza had more features and Customization. More things that enhance the game as a whole. Very much looking forward to 8 especially considering how disappointing GT7 was to me.

People who are invested in the PlayStation ecosystem won't jump ship to Xbox, or vice versa, for one game. And people who play GT are a small proportion of PS players, as FM/FH players are of XB.

Those who have both already will play one or the other, or both.

So broadly, no. FM might pull some players away from GT, but it'll be a tiny number.

If there will come out a VR update for GT7 in next year, it will get one more sales increase.

Forza cant stop GT with a simple "game". The PS5 platform here makes a big decision for GT7.

And dont forget the dualsense, perfect combined with GT for controller gamers for a immersive feeling.
Microsoft have to improve.
The ridiculous thing about this post is that neither of these games and the people that make them are trying to "stop" each other. That mentality is only taken by those that have an irrational hate towards one side of the fence. Sales are irrelevant to everyone besides those that make these games.
Exactly same story by me. I like the "clean" feeling of GT.
And the presentation is consistent.
Forza games every time give me the feeling, it's concipated for teenagers and GT for an older target group.
They're both aimed at people that have a love of cars. I like both, so does that make me a senile teenager?

Last edited:
i think if forza was available for ps4 it would deffiently hurt gt7 players base a bit bt how much who knows 10%20% jump ship completly woukd be my. guess.. This is dependant on that forza produces a solid game that has atleast somewhat realistic sim base to it

Many people have tried to declare Gran Turismo dead since GT4. Dug the grave, gathered pall bearers, bought flowers, but GT never seems ready to crawl into its eternal resting place.

I've been with Forza through FW4, where it began to lose me with nonsense like Top Gear's ridiculous car bowling. I quit playing the career mode when the third "bowling" event came up, but never finished it. In fact, I've played the Forzas less with each one. FW4 lasted maybe four months. I completely avoided 5 and the Horizons. I bought an XBox (whatever it is) just to play 6, and that lasted about nine weeks or so, haven't touched it since. It didn't help at all that the demo's wheel drivers completely messed up the official Thrustmaster wheel, even for the release game. Nothing helped, including deleting everything, and when I quit I saw no point in sending it to MS to fix their bugs. I did download the 7 demo for PC, but didn't feel the urge to install it.

I don't claim that there are many people like me in the wild. Most gamers just ignore Forza for their chosen racer, just as they ignore Gran Turismo. Though the developers all wish they had GT's sales.

As for that "FW" thing, well, just look at the logo. ;)

Last edited:
I think GT7 will be just fine. I stopped playing GT after GT6 and traded in my Playstation for an Xbox and I have no desire to go back to GT.

But the exclusivity of each game to each console pretty much ensures that you will continue to have dedicated fanbases and the number of defections will generally be small.

I read the GT forums for fun as it can be quite entertaining to see all of the complaining back and forth but the number of people that say, "that's it I'm never playing GT again" and then actually do it, are a pretty small percentage of players out of the overall GT population.

Many people have tried to declare Gran Turismo dead since GT4. Dug the grave, gathered pall bearers, bought flowers, but GT never seems ready to crawl into its eternal resting place.

I've been with Forza through FW4, where it began to lose me with nonsense like Top Gear's ridiculous car bowling. I quit playing the career mode when the third "bowling" event came up, but never finished it. In fact, I've played the Forzas less with each one. FW4 lasted maybe four months. I completely avoided 5 and the Horizons. I bought an XBox (whatever it is) just to play 6, and that lasted about nine weeks or so, haven't touched it since. It didn't help at all that the demo's wheel drivers completely messed up the official Thrustmaster wheel, even for the release game. Nothing helped, including deleting everything, and when I quit I saw no point in sending it to MS to fix their bugs. I did download the 7 demo for PC, but didn't feel the urge to install it.

I don't claim that there are many people like me in the wild. Most gamers just ignore Forza for their chosen racer, just as they ignore Gran Turismo. Though the developers all wish they had GT's sales.

As for that "FW" thing, well, just look at the logo. ;)
This more or less explains my time with any racing game recently. They're all so stagnate and get boring fairly fast. Horizons were never big for me, I shelve those fast, and haven't even bought any iterations in a while. Forza, very much like GT, with each iteration I just played less and less to the point that I started skipping out on buying the last few, although, luckily I dont have to for Forza's case since it's on the gamepass. Even with it being bundled there I still shelved it pretty fast. There was just something about Forza 4, and somewhat 5, that kept me coming back and a lot of the time that was the Rivals mode, but it just doesnt have the same pull for me anymore.

I'm still waiting for PS5 availability to give GT another shot, once those are around I can finally sell off my old One X. Forza is going to be on the gamepass and since I already have a next gen Xbox I can give that a shot as well, but I'm not really seeing much excitement from either side, aside from visuals, but still want to give them both a shot. Both these games end up turning into glorified Photography simulators in the end.

Everyone hopes their product sells, that's a given. The good thing is that even though some of these games sell a bit less than GT, that still doesn't hamper them, in anyway whatsoever, from existing with ease.

So what does it mean that the creative leads for both franchises want to attract younger audiences for the sole purpose of exposing them to car culture? By your own admission, aren't you now saying that Forza is doing a better job of that?

Dj Khaled Congratulations GIF

If anything, the prospect of FM8 on the horizon will give Polyphony a kick up the rear and they will push out some sweet sweet updated to keep things fresh.
This becomes a win for everyone. Without competition we have ****** products, look at the 2005 Mustang, ****** 3v v8. GM killed the Camaro in 2002 and Ford realized they dont have competition, they dont have to try, so they make mediocre cars. It wasn't until 2011 where Ford made the coyote v8 after getting its ass kicked by the ls3 v8 Camaro SS.

If FM8 proves to be a spectacular game, it will leave GT7 behind. After taking a long hiatus from the GT series and getting GT7 two months ago, I'm disappointed. But not really surprised, it was my fault for getting into it. But I've always been a GT fan so the long almost 10 year break, it was nice getting back into GT.

But I'm not a GT fanboy, I have options and love having options. One day some of these guys will wake up like I did and get to try other things, till then, they will think GT7 is the best having never experience other games. Sucks to be them! :ouch:

Back