Will I Have To Give Up Button Mashing?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kylehnat
  • 36 comments
  • 2,647 views
I can control the ferrari 430 fine with the pad, pro physics all aids off
the lotus111r and clio i have are much harder, never really thought about getting a wheel to help this problem but doesn't sound unreasonable
 
Well I'm racing with the six-axis on pro with no aids on & abs turned off I haven't had a problem controlling any car except the Ford GT '06 but I think that car is just garbage or something but driving with a steering wheel would improve my times but they all suck well at least the DFP did when I bought it also the DFP felt too stiff & the response when it was fighting back felt slow it just didn't feel good for $150
 
OK, thank you for saying something productive. I'll try your controller configuration. It take a while to adjust since I've been playing the GT series since day 1 using the face buttons for steering/throttle/brake and triggers to shift.

Try these settings

accelerate R2 or R1 I prefer R1 it's much more comfortable
brake L2
shift up & shift down right analog
triangle reverse
steering left analog
 
There's no way someone with a pad can keep up with a wheel user now that GT has become a better simulation. It's just not possible...pads suck.

You're quite right. With the pad I can't keep up with wheel users.

But I can show them a very clean pair of heels indeed.
 
You're quite right. With the pad I can't keep up with wheel users.

But I can show them a very clean pair of heels indeed.

OP - Famine knows this well. In online racing, by that I mean the WRS here and other long running online racing forums/events (even some older MLG ones) pad users were always the fastest in GT2/3/4. GT5 might change this and the wheel does give you a more realistic experience...but don't discount pad users.
 
You're quite right. With the pad I can't keep up with wheel users.

But I can show them a very clean pair of heels indeed.

Now, that I like! :lol:
 
We'll have you driving a wheel yet Kyle! :trouble:
Does this mean you're going to bring the DFP down for SFGTP3, and will use it? Or will you just stick to the pad because we're racing GT4 that weekend? :lol:
It's GT4, so....no :trouble:.
I'd be gobsmacked if I was any (let alone substantially) quicker with [DFP] than with the SIXAXIS.
I thought the same until I started driving the Corvette. I think the SIXAXIS controller is inferior to the DS2 in terms of touch sensitivity, also.
 
Back