Will Japanese cars always dominate Gran Turismo?

Gran Turismo will always be pro-Japan because they are made by Japanese, if you want pro-European cars then you get games like TOCA 2 or Forza.

I happen to feel that American and european cars don't get the same treatment in the game, might as well leave them out since they are not great in the game.

subie power
im happy that there is more japanese cars than anything else. if the game was designed in america it probably would still have more japanese cars in it as the japanese car manafacturs lead the way with technology and car development. the japanese car manafacturs produce some awesome cars that with the right tunning can become the best cars in the world. where eva the cars go they can stand up against players like ferrari and porshe and dominate them in every aspect, and the best thing is u dont pay supercar prices for them as well, so i think it is only fair that there are more japanese cars in the game

id have to disa gree with "japanese manufactuers lead the way with technology" maybe in the early to mid 90s but these days especially in the racing department japan seems to have lost intrest and europe is leading the way with cars like the m3 csl and 360 CS although there is still the evo and vtec at the pinnacle of performance but on the world racing scale it would
seem that honda is carrying the japanase flag

dammn ive been studying to much this is an update guys here i am sitting with my toyota panasonic racing hat on and i forgot to mention them i mean gt4 rally car, corrolla rally car,woodone supra,tf104 , gt-one indy engines the list goes on..................

id rather see ALL japanese cars no american or european (except maybe ferarri or porshe) and bodykits included and graphics and i want to be able to race on the road.

Wow. I believe you were looking for the NFSU boards and got lost along the way.

xcsti
Hmm 500hp skyline vs. 400hp modena. The modena is lighter, the GTR has a great launch. I think it would be quite close.

the gt-r would lead

untill they hit the brakes for turn 1

:)

and then the prancing pony would sail into the distance

you would have to modify the gt-r's chassis and suspension as well as drive train to take that power without upseting the balance of the gt-r and causing it to handle like a brick on wheels.

its like in gt3 when on a half decent track you can usually match your lap times with a gt-one even if its "stock" or stage 4 turbo the extra power decreases chassis performance dramaticlly

The more popular answer to this is "it's a Japanese game, what do you expect?" My deal is that... well, look at it this way. PD is a Japanese game company, so it's not surprising to see Japanese domestics mentioned. Much less British, Codemasters is a European company, so European cars will mostly be popular. Had Gran Turismo been made in America, American cars will dominate. But ever since the GT franchise was born, Japanese cars are highly featured, but the only thing that dominates is racing. It doesn't matter if there are only sport compacts, hot rods, trucks, doesn't matter. Japan doesn't dominate ANYTHING in Gran Turismo because the focus is not on Japan. Sure, it's featured a lot, but there's a difference between "featured a lot" and "dominates." If Japanese cars dominated Gran Turismo, then no one would give a damn about McLaren, Jaguar, Ford, Ginetta, none of them. If Japanese cars dominated, Japanese cars handle perfectly while other makes sound and perform like crap. The most important thing about Gran Turismo is parity. Parity in that a person can go through "an encyclopedia of cars" (-Kazunori Yamauchi) and find a car he or she likes. And if it isn't there, then there are always others to get into. How do you think that I would become a big fan of the Mini Cooper? How would I know about the Toyota GT-One?

I'm not going to say "dominate" when it comes to Japanese cars. I'm not even bothered by them. I think this may have been touched on several times. If so, someone will probably say "use a search." Other than that, enjoy GTP, newcomer.

id rather see ALL japanese cars no american or european (except maybe ferarri or porshe) and bodykits included and graphics and i want to be able to race on the road.

back to the NFSU board :yuck: if you want to be shallow and closed minded as well as insult what GT is all about, then you don't belong here....sit down and rethink what you said....japanese cars would have been nowhere without innovations from europe...as well as America....afterall, the first cars were made in Europe....please don't make me not like you...i try to keep as open a mind as possible on the boards but you are definatly not on my goodlist with that post.

Izangi is right, and I've read the other threads this thread's author made. Both of the ones I seen were closed for good and this one may suffer the same fate. Think about valuable topics concerning Gran Turismo rather than already-discussed topics. I'm not mad at you, but the difference between keeping a cool head and choosing worthwhile topics to discuss can be the difference between staying as a GTPlanet member, or being a BANNED member. Try to think about an aspect that very well applies to GT4, if not GT in general that may have not been covered. And if it has been covered, it's okay to ask a different question similar to the topic discussed. I've seen people come and go in my 11 months on GTPlanet. Seriously. Reconsider some of your topic ideas.

In addition to what Izangi said, it's not about the domination of Japanese cars in a GT game that makes it a success. Big rig trucks dominate "Big Rig: Over The Top Racing" (or whatever it's called). Did that express the essence of what big rigs are about? Barely. As I said, Japanese cars don't dominate anything in Gran Turismo. There's more of them than anything else, yeah. But "dominate" means that if a person wants a McLaren F1 in the game, that person will be denied (imagine the looks on the faces of people like Radicool, McLaren_F1_GTR, and McLaren'sAngel if that happened). Gran Turismo has basically grown to a level in which it's been more than just a game. It's still a game technically, but its impact has been highly substantial. And you want to ask if Japanese cars will always dominate the series. No nationality or type of car will dominate GT because GT is all about racing regardless of what's in th game. I don't care if GT has golf carts, Power Wheels, milk trucks, and floats from parades... it's about the racing, not a nationality or type of car racing.

Don't even think about complain about too much to read. All I'm doing is proving a point. Do you understand what I'm saying? Or in my more common terms, you dig?

ferrari and skylines are not even in teh same class....pairing mod cars to stock cars in imaginary races just isnt fair to the stock car. u can take a new r34, import it to the us for 90~ thousand, or u can buy a honda civic/accord/integra/"any car of choice" dump a few thousand into it and beat the skyline in drag. if u want to compare teh skyline compare it to a bmw m3 csl or something, stock to stock.

What if Japanese car manufacturers were able to build road cars with more than 280Bhp? Then who would be the victor in Japanese Vs Euro race?

the game was made in japan, it should come as no surprise to you that some of the best cars in the game are japanese. but hey, what does it matter? a great car is a great car no matter where it comes from.

edit: but i do agree that only mostly the japanese cars can be turned to well over 1500hp, and the good american cars can't, like the Ford GT. and yes, i know the viper can be tuned to ~1,200hp, but it still sucks in handling. how come the viper GTS-R team oreca can't be tuned anywhere near as much as the GTS?

Cobra S
the game was made in japan, it should come as no surprise to you that some of the best cars in the game are japanese. but hey, what does it matter? a great car is a great car no matter where it comes from.
Yeah, but it really pissed me off that I couldn't use the Corvette or the Camaro race cars in Endurance races against the Japanese race cars. The tires wouldn't last for more than three or four laps on some races. You can't say that wasn't frustrating.

I just hope Kaz is a little less bias this time around.

pianistas1980
Hi everybody !!

I do not know about you, but i always had an impression that Japanese cars dominated Gran Turismo so far..
You just wait and see;;;;;; Italian cars will ...conquer all!!! 👍

hope he is biased towards Japanese cars. i dont want to see any more time wasted on american cars when they couldve included more skylines.

With the inclusion of the R8, I don't see how any car other than it can be the best in the game. Unless of course they bring back the F1 cars.

hope he is biased towards Japanese cars. i dont want to see any more time wasted on american cars when they couldve included more skylines.

Yes cause 30 skylines isn't enough. In fact lets just take out the rest of the cars and make it Skyline Racer, 50 tracks, tons of options, 1 car! I honestly don't get how you can be a fan of GT when GT is about experiencing a multitude of cars from manufactures across the globe and throughout time. I say bring more Asian brands, Euro brands, American brands, the more the better I want to drive em all.

Edit: Italics are better

TheSquidd
Yes cause 30 skylines isn't enough. In fact lets just take out the rest of the cars and make it Skyline Racer, 50 tracks, tons of options, 1 car! I honestly don't get how you can be a fan of GT when GT is about experiencing a multitude of cars from manufactures across the globe and throughout time. I say bring more Asian brands, Euro brands, American brands, the more the better I want to drive em all.

yea skyline racer sounds cool to me. every single type of skyline and ricer versions and every thing.

Yes but this isn't Skyline Racer (which I would probably buy as well ^_^ ) it's Gran Turismo, the all encompassing driving experience (or at least tries to be.)

I'm feeling that GT4 would be different than the last GT games, when talking about number of Japanese cars. I mean that they start adding more cars that aren't Japanese to the game.

TheSquidd

I'm tired of all the Slylines :banghead: , i wanna see some...Skoda's, Hyundai's, Lada's, Daewoo's, and all the shait car's from the rest of the globe 👍

JohnBM01
Izangi is right, and I've read the other threads this thread's author made. Both of the ones I seen were closed for good and this one may suffer the same fate. Think about valuable topics concerning Gran Turismo rather than already-discussed topics. I'm not mad at you, but the difference between keeping a cool head and choosing worthwhile topics to discuss can be the difference between staying as a GTPlanet member, or being a BANNED member. Try to think about an aspect that very well applies to GT4, if not GT in general that may have not been covered. And if it has been covered, it's okay to ask a different question similar to the topic discussed. I've seen people come and go in my 11 months on GTPlanet. Seriously. Reconsider some of your topic ideas.

My dear friend,

Everything comes and goes in life, that's the sad and yet the best thing about it..So might be my thread. I read and enjoyed your response from the purely moral point of view, for most moral statements being boring as they are, they sometimes do interest me in the form of their presentation.
From what followed in your response, from the very spirit of cosmopolitic philosophy, i assume that you might like Rousseau, Jean Jacques? Am i right? Have you heard of such? In case you did, i am more on the side of Voltaire.

Anyway, just to let you know, i used websites "search" engine to see if the topics was covered. As i did not find it talked much about i dared to post my thread,

Sincerely

Back