Will PD Create A Separate GT7 Title After GT Sport? According To London Press conference?

Will PD Release A GT7 After GT Sport?

• Yes

Votes: 37 69.8%
  • No

Votes: 10 18.9%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • I haven't given it thought

Votes: 3 5.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
United States
United States

Many Gran Turismo fans are disappointed about what they believe GT Sport will be after seeing the Reveal in London. Many Said they will pass and NOT buy GT Sport and wait for the release of GT7. But the question is:
Will there be separate development As GT7? Listen carefully to what Mr Yamauchi is saying, He said that Originally they focused on creating Just A Sport Mode Of Simulation Racer under Gran Turismo, But PD put more work into this development of the Sport Mode then they originally planned on, So Kaz is now looking back at this development of GT Sport, saying it has organically developed into something different then he plan for GT Sport and GT7 combined. So either GT7 or GT Sport would work as A title for this iteration of the GT series. So basically I believe after hearing this, My conclusion is this is all we are going to get from PD other than DLC's for GT Sport. (No separate release as GT7) PD is going in A new direction with Gran Turismo. Focusing on linking Gran Turismo with the FIA . Next development will be GT Sport 2, instead GT7 then GT8 and beyond, in which we are all accustomed to. (Which I think is A breath Of Fresh air) and puts GT in A niche market ahead of all the other racing Simulators.
So What Do You Think GT Planet?

Last edited:
Uhhh.... hummm... I don't get it. Are you saying that the next Gran Turismo should be GT8?? Making a thread for the heck of it? Very confused.

Many Gran Turismo fans are disappointed about what they believe GT Sport will be after seeing the Reveal in London. Many Said they will pass and NOT buy GT Sport and wait for the release of GT7. But the question is:
Will there be separate development As GT7? Listen carefully to what Mr Yamauchi is saying, He said that Originally they focused on creating Just A Sport Mode Of Simulation Racer under Gran Turismo, But PD put more work into this development of the Sport Mode then they originally planned on, So Kaz is now looking back at this development of GT Sport, saying it has organically developed into something different then he plan for GT Sport and GT7 combined. So either GT7 or GT Sport would work as A title for this iteration of the GT series. So basically I believe after hearing this, My conclusion is this is all we are going to get from PD other than DLC's for GT Sport. (No separate release as GT7) PD is going in A new direction with Gran Turismo. Focusing on linking Gran Turismo with the FIA . Next development will be GT Sport 2. (Which I think is A breath Of Fresh air) and puts GT in A niche market ahead of all the other racing Simulators.👍

Last edited:
The poll looks like it is up to us to make a new GT after GT Sport. :sly:

In all seriousness though;
I think we'll see or hear about a new GT + - a year after the FIA cups are over.

I thought Kaz said that GT Sport was more than a Prologue, a full game, but not GT7. :boggled:

It looks like development of GT Sport took some kind of organic turn into something bigger then he planned, because as we did hear Kaz say GT Sport was originally just A Sports Mode Of Gran Turismo, but now it is both or either GT7 and GT Sport. That's why I posted this thread with the video emphasizing certain phrases that makes me think differently about GT 7, to poll the community. To make sure It's not just me, or maybe it is just me, but it seems like he is NOT leaving room for GT7 as A separate independent title now.:confused::confused::confused:

The poll looks like it is up to us to make a new GT after GT Sport. :sly:

I don't think it's up to us, it looks like Kaz has made A decision, from unplanned turns in the development of GT Sport, I thought the whole plan of two separate titles was A bit lofty for PD, seeing how slow development is for them. I hope I'm wrong in this view.

Last edited:
The poll should have been asking if PD will release a seperate title called GT7..

Personally I hope they don't do two seperate GT's. Everything that is in GT Sport with FiA's partnership for the online competitions could simply stay as part of the game that will grow into 'GT7'. DLC add-ons and/or Spec 2.0 releases would be the best in my opinion, that way you're not confusing people and everything can be played from one disc.

I hope so. GT Sport while it may be more than a prologue, is no where close to the traditional GT in features. Seriously, there's a lot of people out there that is depending on GT7 to overcome GTsports many shortcomings.

I think GTS will have city tracks and Polyphony fantastic fictional tracks too along non racing car packs too. Sadly online gameplay is getting too popular so little worried about the career mode. If GTS sells really well. Say 5million with in a year then I guess their next game might be GTS2 not GT7 :rolleyes:

The biggest thing which makes GT Sport as the only title seem most plausible is the heavy inclusion of photomode locations. If GT Sport was all about racecars and FiA sanctioned online competitions, I don't think photomode would have made much sense to be show off at the very first showing.

I hope GT Sport turns out to be a gigantic title that keeps updating until the end of PS4/Neo days. I don't want to see GT7 being the 'casual' game with GT Sport for those who are on a higher level and looking for 'proper' racing.

Could be they were very proud of the photomode, you never know. It has been an important function since GT4 introduced it so it makes sense GT Sport would have it too, imo.

Sure I hope so too. As long as most updates/DLCs are free. Hate for it becoming a P2W game.

I think GTS will have city tracks and Polyphony fantastic fictional tracks too along non racing car packs too. Sadly online gameplay is getting too popular so little worried about the career mode. If GTS sells really well. Say 5million with in a year then I guess their next game might be GTS2 not GT7 :rolleyes:

I guess I'm lucky to be in; what seems to be the minority of people on this forum, that don't mind if the career goes to **** as long as I don't have to do some tedious tasks before being allowed online.

But having said that if the career mode is great then I'm sure I would find some fun in it, but GT5/6 career modes didn't really tickle my fancy.

----

With regards to the direction PD are going in with the franchise, who the heck knows, we can only speculate, this is PD after all. Personally I could see it going either way... this FIA thing could end up sticking and riding it out until the end of the series, each new game taking the "sport" label, or it could be a one time thing, which I originally thought it was gonna be, but now I'm not too certain.

Whichever way PD go, as long as they put out a quality game with plenty of variety in cars&tracks, I really don't mind.

I'm sure Sony will be perfectly happy turning their ten million a pop tentpole series into one with virtually no widespread appeal in comparison as a permanent direction change.

Which makes another great arguement against creating this seperate pro-only title, which yes, likely won't have a widespread appeal. We need lots of traditional GT content to make GT Sport an actual hit that attracts everyone again just for the sake of variety of cars. GT has definitely trained a LOT of casual players to race pretty darn well, it would be hard to see the community break up into two when everything can theoritically be done from one. Potential problem: FiA wanting something 'exclusive' for their organization, not wanting PD to add traditional content and 'clutter' it..

Could be they were very proud of the photomode, you never know. It has been an important function since GT4 introduced it so it makes sense GT Sport would have it too, imo.

Sure I hope so too. As long as most updates/DLCs are free. Hate for it becoming a P2W game.

It was clear he was very pleased with the new mode during the presentation on Friday. As he should be as it looks great.

Re topic, I personally think there will be a separate "GT7" in the future, though last week was all about GT Sport of course as that is the current game. Would make no sense to talk about any "GT7" until GT Sport has been released and enjoyed.

I hope GT Sport turns out to be a gigantic title that keeps updating until the end of PS4/Neo days. I don't want to see GT7 being the 'casual' game with GT Sport for those who are on a higher level and looking for 'proper' racing.
I cautiously agree. The reason I say "cautiously" is because software that undergoes a lot of patching and expansion, particularly game software, can get increasingly cantankerous over time. Something I refer to as Patch-itis Senility Syndrome. How many of us get tired of Windoze performance after a couple years of patches, and do the reinstall routine? After two years of updates, my install of GT5 got so bad, it would crash every single time after three races. Then again, it might not have been the updates alone, as the Museum Cards would bloat the system with hundreds of entries, often duplicates, an there was no way to delete them. The Garage, Photo Folder and Replay Theater could end up with massive file sizes, and all of that could contribute, and is a good culprit for GT6's divided Garage. But mainly, I blame all the patches. Slapping in more code, and more code, and updates, and patches make a piece of software less stable as that goes on.

But I would accept that prospect, as a bigger, cooler GT Sport that grows with more goodies to explore as the days pass can only be a good thing. Now, as to how it grows, and not just with more cars and tracks.

I agree with many here who want to see an offline GT Mode, not just a focus on online racing. Maybe we will have that, but there's no real evidence right now. If there isn't one, I hope that gets patched in, and a big one, roughly on par with the one in GT6 if possible if not more like the one in GT4. When cars and tracks are added, the offline mode expands and includes them in events.

I'd like to see a full featured Event Maker, something to let us create our own events offline or online, all the way up to a racing season with championships and prizes. Online, I'd like to see it also as a Club and League Builder tool, with lots of capability to define all the aspects of user created racing leagues.

I'd like to see the Livery Editor become more capable over time, with additional vinyls, national flags, text fonts and decal packs on offer, perhaps new features.

I want to see a Course Maker, maybe a version 2.5 with some nice improvements over the one in GT6. More environments, and more trackside elements. Tracks can be used in the Event Maker and easily shared for online play.

How about a Movie Maker, that links to YouTube? As a sort of corollary to that, I want to be able to edit the replay cameras in a kind of Director Mode.

I'd like to see the positional driver cam like I proposed in that other thread.

Now clearly, add all this in along with several hundred cars and dozens of tracks, and you pretty much have GT7. The only way that SONY would accept a situation like this, is if most if not all of this content is for sale on the Playstation Store. But I expect that Kaz will be getting some definite ideas for GT7, not to mention that the focus of Sport is on that racing sim/eSports thing, so I don't expect GT Sport to grow a whole lot. But some things, definitely, cars, tracks and some features.

Gamers have long been waiting for “Gran Turismo 7” but Polyphony Digital announced instead the launching of “Gran Turismo Sport” during the Paris Games Week in October last year.

Polyphony Digital also assured gamers that “Gran Turismo Sport” is not a prologue of “Gran Turismo 7” because it is almost like a full game itself, a statement that somehow gave the impression that “Gran Turismo Sport” is a retitled “Gran Turismo 7.”

But series creator Kazunori Yamauchi reiterated that “Gran Turismo Sport” is a completely different game from “Gran Turismo 7.” However, it is obvious that the release of “Gran Turismo 7” shall come after “Gran Turismo Sport,” although it is not clear how long the time in between would be.

Critics and gamers, however, believe that “Gran Turismo 7” shall come out one year after the release of “Gran Turismo Sport” both exclusively on the PlayStation 4, considering that the car racing games have Sony Computer Entertainment as its publisher.

With that being said, the release of the beta of “Gran Turismo Sport” in the spring of this year generally meant that the full game would come out late this year. Thus, it is possible and very likely that “Gran Turismo 7” shall come out next year.

A push back in the offing

However, there are reports going around lately that the earliest that Polyphony Digital could release the beta of “Gran Turismo Sport” is late this year and the latest being 2017. What this means is that the full version of the game could come out on the PlayStation 4 next year.

It would also mean therefore that “Gran Turismo 7” could not come out next year as two racing games cannot simply be released by the same developer on the same year as both will definitely cross each other out in the market, cited iDigital Times.

Despite the disappointing news, it also came with a positive news about “Gran Turismo Sport” saying that the game will have a high degree of evolution from the aging “Gran Turismo 6.” In fact, because of such feature, some are alluding to the upcoming game as a true “Gran Turismo 7.”

Polyphony Digital insists though that “Gran Turismo Sport” is not going to be a full-fledged “Gran Turismo 7” but it is definitely not going to be a rewrapped “Gran Turismo 6” either.

Giving the floor to ‘Gran Turismo Sport’

As Sony’s flagship car racing video game, “Gran Turismo 7” is one of the racing games that feature real-life branded cars and aftermarkets, reports The Bitbag.

With the possible driving eSports focus on “Gran Turismo Sport,” it is obvious that “Gran Turismo 7” will give the floor first to the former possibly at the upcoming Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) 2016 in June.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back