Will PD Even Bother Making Another Game?

Actually my apologies. I do not really mean they should literally remaster GT4. What i did mean however, at this stage, anything seems to be better than GT7. I'm seriously disgusted at the way PD is treating all of us, and taking us for a ride.

An ambulance? seriously, is that what the game needs now?? Yea an ambulance is much better than proper events to run GR2 and GR1 cars.

It's been so long since I fired up the game, and have zero intention to do at at the moment.

Look at post #150

I mean, the ambulance is funny and very Gran Turismo; cars like the Daihatsu Midget or basically every kei car are appreciated for more or less the same reason, because they're quirky and not what you'd expect from a racing game. That's the most GT that particular GT7 update has been in a while. But you're right in the sense that I understand the feeling of them not really seeing the problem and having a skewed sense of priorities. An update with an ambulance would be a funny addition if the rest of the game held up to the promises in the first place.

That said, that's my point. Yes, a literal GT4 remake would be better than what we have now, but that doesn't mean it's what we need, it means the bar is currently very low and we really deserved better.

Last edited:
I touched this on another thread but I though it's worth asking here for more feedback.

How unlikely is PD releasing GT8 december 24?

They will reuse all car models and tracks ala GT3>4, VR2 is already implemented and Sophy in development, even publicly tested in PS5 for a while. I expect those two PS5-only capabilities to be the mayor selling point and a way to discontinue PS4.

I say december 24 just because of the 30 anniversary of PS. I was dabling with the idea of a PS5+GT8+VR2 bundle 🫣

I touched this on another thread but I though it's worth asking here for more feedback.

They will reuse all car models and tracks ala GT3>4, VR2 is already implemented and Sophy in development, even publicly tested in PS5 for a while. I expect those two PS5-only capabilities to be the mayor selling point and a way to discontinue PS4.

I say december 24 just because of the 30 anniversary of PS. I was dabling with the idea of a PS5+GT8+VR2 bundle 🫣
0%

Yes. December (20)24, like I said.
Well December 24 made it sound like xmas this year lol.

December next year - who knows!

It´s not a favorite month for big game releases, but it could happen.

Not ruling a 2024 GT8 out at all.

No, Gran Turismo (1) was released on December 23, 1997, so it's more than 4 years away from its 30th anniversary.
He did say the 30th anniversary of "PS" (as in "PlayStation"), which would be the launch of the first PlayStation on December 3, 1994.

Yes. Sorry. I meant Playstation's 30th anniversary on december 2024.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong but all GT games since GT3 have been bundled with a PS of their gen. Even the VR1 was bundled with GTS, right?

When I hear GT8, all I can think about is starting the grind all over again. Re-buying mostly all the same cars, tuning them for the Xth time (I get less and less excited to tune after every retune), redesigning all the liveries (hoping we can just port over). Not to mention the possibility of PD taking away something I've grown to love, like engine swaps and custom races.

I will buy every (numbered) GT that comes out, as I've always have. However, GT8 is to soon for me. I just want to enjoy what I've created within the game thats taken me over a year and a half to build/create.

When I hear GT8, all I can think about is starting the grind all over again. Re-buying mostly all the same cars, tuning them for the Xth time (I get less and less excited to tune after every retune), redesigning all the liveries (hoping we can just port over). Not to mention the possibility of PD taking away something I've grown to love, like engine swaps and custom races.

I will buy every (numbered) GT that comes out, as I've always have. However, GT8 is to soon for me. I just want to enjoy what I've created within the game thats taken me over a year and a half to build/create.
Well, we are talking about another year and half, almost.

I'd say liveries would be compatible. And there's no need/point in them getting rid of engine swamps or custom races, imo, who knows tho.

I expect we won't be able to port neither the cars or tunes (tunes maybe?). If my memory serves me well we used to get some free cars in older games if you had save files from previous ones?

Last edited:
Theres no point in releasing GT8, at least not for the customers. With absolutely no singleplayer progression system it would be GT Sport 2.

I don't believe for a second there will ever be a GT again with single player progression. I am worried GT Sport 2 (Or GT8) will be "free" to play.

Still cant believe the "GIVE ME MORE MONEY"-mentality after asking 80 euros for a game.

Gran Turismo 8 is not coming out in 2024. Don't kid yourself.

That's optimistic :D
Thats the pattern pd has released every title mostly over the years never been longer than 5 years between the games

Theres no point in releasing GT8, at least not for the customers. With absolutely no singleplayer progression system it would be GT Sport 2.

I don't believe for a second there will ever be a GT again with single player progression. I am worried GT Sport 2 (Or GT8) will be "free" to play.

Still cant believe the "GIVE ME MORE MONEY"-mentality after asking 80 euros for a game.

I am sure we have better single player in next gt, why would pd start devolop sophy ai if their would not be any single player, that might be reason why pd dosent put much effort in the single player, they proably want to integrete it with sophy ai.

Last edited:

Have you even played GT Sport? Or are you just spewing out ****? GT Sport in its current 2023 state has a better SP progression system than GT7 does.

Last edited:
I mean, the ambulance is funny and very Gran Turismo; cars like the Daihatsu Midget or basically every kei car are appreciated for more or less the same reason, because they're quirky and not what you'd expect from a racing game. That's the most GT that particular GT7 update has been in a while. But you're right in the sense that I understand the feeling of them not really seeing the problem and having a skewed sense of priorities. An update with an ambulance would be a funny addition if the rest of the game held up to the promises in the first place.

That said, that's my point. Yes, a literal GT4 remake would be better than what we have now, but that doesn't mean it's what we need, it means the bar is currently very low and we really deserved better.
A GT4 remake with newer cars, more realistic used car prices and GT2 car selection from crapbox, to ok, to mid tier, high tier, god like tier, new and used. Add in new tracks, more 24hr races and new sound track the game would be better than GT7.

Example of the crapbox car would be a v6 challenger, then the 5.7 v8, then 6.4L, then hellcat, then Demon 170. Would totally use the Demon 170 as a track car, do all weight reduction mods and see how the car would do.

Last edited:
A GT4 remake with newer cars, more realistic used car prices and GT2 car selection from crapbox, to ok, to mid tier, high tier, god like tier, new and used. Add in new tracks, more 24hr races and new sound track the game would be better than GT7.

Example of the crapbox car would be a v6 challenger, then the 5.7 v8, then 6.4L, then hellcat, then Demon 170. Would totally use the Demon 170 as a track car, do all weight reduction mods and see how the car would do.

I think you missed the very important part of my statement. Emphasis added.

Yes, a literal GT4 remake would be better than what we have now, but that doesn't mean it's what we need, it means the bar is currently very low and we really deserved better.

GT7 didn't need to be a remake of the old stuff to be good. We can build something with better and more tangible car progression, and either less insane car prices or far better race payouts (either achieves the same effect, functionally), without it necessarily being The Old Game But Better™. Quite frankly, if the menu system had just been a guide to encourage you to experiment and not effectively the whole thing, we were halfway there.

Last edited:
Thats the pattern pd has released every title mostly over the years never been longer than 5 years between the games

The other pattern i’ve noticed is that even numbered games are a bigger, refinement of the previous game. So like, the odd numbered games are the first one out on a new system and then nearer the end of that system’s life cycle the even numbered game will come out with 3x as many cars and 2x as many tracks. But obviously covid and modern game’s higher technical difficulties and what have you messed that up for the PS4 to PS5 span. But I dunno, maybe GT8 will come near the end of the PS5’s life and just be GT7 again but with 1200 cars and 200 tracks. And then it’ll be GT9 that’ll come out on PS6. (Phew!)

GT4 - Dec 28, 2004.
GT5 - Nov 24, 2010.

That's 5 years and 11 months. You've really gotta lean hard into the rounding to claim that's not longer than 5 years.

Have you even played GT Sport? Or are you just spewing out ****? GT Sport in its current 2023 state has a better SP progression system than GT7 does.
Oof I am sorry my existence annoyed you. :D

Yes, I played from day 1 till the GT7 release. And I have logged over 400 hours if that would actually matter. What I meant is that GT Sport was aimed at online play when it was released and the name GT Sport 2 would be better as a name then GT8, if they are actually moving away from offline play.

EXTREMELY unlikely, hopefully.

Sorry, but why would anyone really expect or even actually want GT8 in 2024? Looking at what we got in GT7 compared to GTSport with approximately 5 years between release dates, do you really want whatever GT8 would be with ~2.5 years between it and GT7 when GT7 is widely criticized for being subpar? I don’t.
We can say that’s not really a fair comparison between GT7 and GTSport because one was created solely for online competitions and the other focused more traditionally towards single player. In that case we can compare GT7 to GT6 with ~9 years between.

I’d rather wait 5-6 years (or more) in hopes for something decent at least than see a rushed GT8 that wouldn’t almost certainly be one of, if not THE worst in the series. With 3 years development I’d expect nothing more than a refreshed GT7 with a few more cars and tracks and maybe 1 or 2 new features at best.

Then again PD could have tripled their team, budget and vastly improved their process and are capable of supplying a high quality GT8 in 2024?

GT4 - Dec 28, 2004.
GT5 - Nov 24, 2010.

That's 5 years and 11 months. You've really gotta lean hard into the rounding to claim that's not longer than 5 years.
gt4 only released in 2004 in japan north america and europe got it in 2005, but in this Case the gap was longer than 5 years must have forget about that, but pretty much every other time its been less than 5 years between releases

Back