Will player data such as DR be carried over from the previous game?

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Sorry if this has been covered before but do you think it is likely that the DR from GT sport will be carried over or will it be a level playing field with each person having to start from scratch?

Im probably swaying towards starting from scratch. It will take a few weeks to get the different classes of drivers established so you could be in a race with a D rated account who is actually top split in GT sport

Last edited:
Unless they completely alter the system and calculations, I think it should carry over. You don't suddenly just lose all your skills just because it's a new game (and let's face it, the physics won't change that much). It would be ridiculous to expect all the world tour finalists to spend hours grinding back their DR again, just so they can get competitive points for the FIA. Then again, if the FIA events doesn't start right away after the game launch, this probably won't be too much of a problem.

Unless they completely alter the system and calculations, I think it should carry over. You don't suddenly just lose all your skills just because it's a new game (and let's face it, the physics won't change that much). It would be ridiculous to expect all the world tour finalists to spend hours grinding back their DR again, just so they can get competitive points for the FIA. Then again, if the FIA events doesn't start right away after the game launch, this probably won't be too much of a problem.
What you say is completely sensible and rational. But this is Polyphony, who for the last 25 years has decided that everyone needs to go through learning how to brake a car in a straight line again at the start of every game, so my hopes aren't high.

Ratings​

・Your Driver Rating (DR) and Sportsmanship Rating (SR) status as of February 15 will be transferred to the new game. In some cases there may be some delay to the start date of these transfers.
・These transferred ratings will be applied upon the release of Gran Turismo 7.
・These transferred ratings will also be applied to the Test Season, an online championship planned after the release of Gran Turismo 7.

I really don't think this is a good idea. I quit racing online on my main account not even two years into the game because I didn't want to risk a BS rating reset. Now I might not race on my main account after zero days in. Unless PD gets rid of the rating reset stipulations I will be extremely hesitant to risk all of my progress.
If the game started with a clean slate, it would make more races at the beginning uneven, but at least there wouldn't be immediate pressure on everyone to not touch another car or else risk losing over four years of progress, while still having to learn to deal with the new physics, vehicles, tracks, and players to the series.

Might be concessions with having GTS players continue. As you said, depending if some GTS players qualify or start from the back, could be a bit much with the influx of new players.
Also, how long the test races will be. Having GTS players start from E/B and have less points for the new championships, might not go well for top players. I don’t know.

Seriously.

If Sport Mode only players have to do licences to unlock Sport Mode itself, regardless of how easy the licence tests are, many folk are going to be upset.

I figure it's as if having to do the GT mode portion, effects their stats. As in the way some want to start fresh with no extra credits or having to buy their first car. Maybe a Sport Mode player just wants to accrue mileage form online racing alone. Rather than having zero miles, trophies, etc. All this on a main account and not a solution of just making an alt account. Just my quick take.

Back