Will Sport Mode be exactly the same in GT7?

• Thread starter Brummmm
  • 6 comments
Germany
Germany
My biggest concern with GT Sports Online Mode was, that there were only three races a week and it felt like a choice of 10 tracks, with the same tracks repeating over and over again, month per month. Most of the times it was one race in the faster classes, that interests me and boom...suzuka again...interlagos again...and so on. Is there a chance that we could get maybe...5 races a week? I never understood how a game, that's based on online racing could have such a poor choice of races.

My biggest concern with GT Sports Online Mode was, that there were only three races a week and it felt like a choice of 10 tracks, with the same tracks repeating over and over again, month per month. Most of the times it was one race in the faster classes, that interests me and boom...suzuka again...interlagos again...and so on. Is there a chance that we could get maybe...5 races a week? I never understood how a game, that's based on online racing could have such a poor choice of races.
Yamauchi said GT7's Sport Mode would be "equivalent" to GT Sport's, rather than exactly the same, but we can't say for sure.

As for more scheduled races... well that means fewer players in each race, so either there'll be more empty lobbies or more of a spread of DR/SR within a lobby (matching A+/S with B/C for example).

I have a feeling it will by nearly 100% similar at launch. I really hope they go back to true "daily" races. This seemingly permanent move to a weekly format means people have days to put in that optimum qualy lap and then spam the Dailies with that lap, and many of these people don't have the pace that corresponds to their grid position.

If the weekly format is to be continued, I hope they will add one-shot qualifying. Do the matching with DR/SR and instead of a warmup, one time trial lap. That would help to mix up the grids.

EDIT: hoping the Manufacturer Series continues.

Last edited:
There will also be Meeting Places. We haven’t seen how exactly it works. Will these Meeting Places reduce Daily Races even further? Kaz said we can enter, chat and race. If it’s more pick up and leisurely play than a daily Race, casuals may enjoy these better. I don’t know.

Last edited:
I don't have a lot of faith that they will improve Sport mode at this point. But I would at least like them to fix all the private lobby networking bugs (such as desyncing) that often prevented our group from even racing together.

I'd love to see more than three options per week for Sport Mode, whether that means having at least one event that changes daily, or ranked Shuffle Races, I don't mind, but I'm not sure if I expect that yet.

What I do expect is that Online Time Trials will return to having prize incentives for Bronze/Silver/Golf times. I believe the SoP mentioned a return of Drift Trials too?

Most importantly for the hundreds of road cars with few uses in GTS, the return of PP may see regular BYO 450PP races where 100+ cars might be eligible, and the top 20 qualifying times shouldn't be in the GT40 :D.
Lastly, if it's true that the Alfa 155 is Gr.4 and the CLK-LM is Gr.2, the grids will be just like old-school GT... nutty!

Back