Will the crashing problem ever be fixed?

Congo Kinshasa
The Motherland
Manasseh257
My PS3 continues to crash due to this game. I'm up to date with all the patches and updates but it still continues to crash after 30 or so minutes of gameplay. Only thing is, it only crashes after I finish race and go back to the menu. Are you by any chance going to patch this up? Because I can't enjoy this game fully without worrying about it crashing on me. Is there a future patch or update to fix this problem?

Hi, i maybe have a bad answer.
i had this with GT5, i can't remember if it was with patch 1.09, 1.10 or 1.12.
But i noticed that my PS3 got hot at the backside.
I did the following.
My ps3 was in a cabinet under the TV
disconnected the ps3 and blowed air thru it to remove dust.
Still happened sometimes.
Then formatted the harddrive and installed all data again.
FIRST MADE A BACKUP OF MY SAVEGAMES ON FLASHDRIVE!!!( forgot to mention this)
Got some updates, but sometimes it did freeze.

Then i got me a capture device, i recorded at 1080.Did not like the size of the clips( uploading gigabytes takes very long) so i switched to 720.
Now i have the PS3 near my computer, and i never had a freeze again.

If your settings are 1080, try switch to 720, and see what happens.
I know that is not really a solution.But if the crash/freeze is less or even gone, you know the problem is from the GPU.
Try to clean the ps3, blowing air thru the ps3, max 2 bar air pressure.
Heat is often the reason for freeze or crash on consoles and computers.
Dust is mostly the cause of it, it sets in the coolingblok.

Good luck.

Last edited:
I`m having some problem as OP , its winter hear and my playstation will freeze every time after leaving a race or seasonal event , so I doubt overheating is the cause here , I think it has something to do with auto save

Hi guy's, could you do me and yourself a favor.
Klick the link below, it's an earlier topic.
Vote in the poll.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...l-does-gt6-crash-for-you.311353/#post-9770625

I have to add one thing i'm having.
it's not a crash, but a short freeze.
sometimes when the game needs to display the ghost cars/lines, after you pass the startline, my games pauzes for 1 or 2 seconds.
But i never had any total freeze or chrash in GT6. Only in GT5.

I think the GT engine is pushing the outdated PS3 hardware too hard and that's what is causing the crashing/console killing.
I have a sneaking suspicion that GT6 is a slightly nerfed test mule for GT7, its being used to beta test the improved physics engine and other features. Its a good thing because it will speed up development but I think the hardware is slightly overstressed and this leads to problems.

I think the GT engine is pushing the outdated PS3 hardware too hard and that's what is causing the crashing/console killing.
I have a sneaking suspicion that GT6 is a slightly nerfed test mule for GT7, its being used to beta test the improved physics engine and other features. Its a good thing because it will speed up development but I think the hardware is slightly overstressed and this leads to problems.

I agree, I really think this is like a test dummy for GT7 so they can see what works and what doesnt work; also, it does make sense that my PS3 is crashing due to the stress of the game pushing every single piece of hardware inside to its very limit. It sucks though, because I can barely enjoy the game without worring about it crashing. I hope they have some kind of patch to it.

Back