Will the new custom gauges bear any useful info in future updates?

United States
New York
EpicHeelToe
I am very pleased that custom gauges have been added to the Custom Parts window in GT Auto. Although it is really nice to create an array of telemetry inside the cabin of the vehicles, there are several meters that bears very little pertinent information about the performance or stresses of the engine. Water Temperature, Oil Pressure, Oil Temperature, and Voltage seem to be there just for display and nothing else. Are any of these metrics going to be included to have any impact with the performance, physics and/or damage model in future releases? For example, will the Oil Pressure Meter generate less and less pressure as the oil viscosity continues to break down with use? Also, I noticed that the Boost gauge never dips into vacuum when the accelerator is released. Will this be corrected down the road also? What about Boost Meter functionality with Supercharged engines? There currently appears to be no functionality, which is incorrect.

P.S. I would love to see the graphic faces of any equipped gauges to be displayed while in bumper cam view. I would especially like to the the face of the metered boost gauge replace the blank boost gauge currently shown in bumper cam view. That way we as players can enjoy the new gauge system in any view, not just the in-cabin view. Given that, the gauges may also be used in all cars, not just selected premiums.

Arigato, Yamauchi-San.

Last edited:
It's pretty accurate. The Nismo GT-R generates 18 PSI according to the gauge. Although I equipped a boost gauge in my boosted DC5 and it only allowed the BAR measurement. All the gauges were metric only, come to think. Although it has a stock speedometer that maxes out at 180 km/h, the aftermarket gauge is pretty useless with the max at 200 km/h. The car easily reaches 250.

Last edited:
I will flat out beg that the ability to put gauges into non-driver views be added. I get sick when racing insode s car.......

It's pretty accurate. The Nismo GT-R generates 18 PSI according to the gauge. Although I equipped a boost gauge in my boosted DC5 and it only allowed the BAR measurement. All the gauges were metric only, come to think. Although it has a stock tachometer that maxes out at 180 km/h, the aftermarket gauge is pretty useless with the max at 200 km/h. The car easily reaches 250.
They're different ranges that can be selected.

I really want to see a new tire model in GT7 and with it, gauges for tire wear and temperature across the tire. With that, an optimal temperature for grip and wear characteristics with each tire compound so that a premium is placed on managing your tires in longer races or even across a single lap. I'd like to see outright single lap speed be less important and actually managing your overall drive becoming a top priority in longer races.

I tried out the custom gauge feature last night and realized that I can choose the color I want for each gauge, there's a color palette with options for choosing hue, saturation & brightness.
Why can't PD use a similar system for painting cars? That would be a million times better than the dumb paint chip system.

FS7
I tried out the custom gauge feature last night and realized that I can choose the color I want for each gauge, there's a color palette with options for choosing hue, saturation & brightness.
Why can't PD use a similar system for painting cars? That would be a million times better than the dumb paint chip system.

I think we can have both. Having the paint chip system is actually very realistic because you can exactly match the factory colors that you want (and in the real world, the paint shops work like this) but we also could have a Custom Paint Shop or a Paint Chip factory, some place where we can develop our own colors. :)

Having the paint chip system is actually very realistic...
In real life I don't have to buy a specific car to be able to paint my car with the color I want, I can simply choose a color. Every other game I play is like that, I pick a color and paint my car, I can even paint certain parts of the car in different colors. No need to earn the colors first like in GT6.
Having both color palette & paint chips for painting cars sounds like a good idea, being limited by the paint chip system only is a terrible idea.

I don't really count these on the whole as tuning aids more custom parts for the interior rather than the exterior.
Been said before but interior lighting model needs improving I cant see the standard gauges half the time anyway due to deep shadow.

we need more gauges like this (gear gauge)
maxresdefault.jpg

and this (drag tachometer) more bigger than actual rpm gauge
vemp_0709_03_z+c1_corvette_drag_car+tachometer.jpg

The Nova has only one gauge selection, but it's huge like the one pictured above. Perfect for a nice big tach, since that car lacks one. Also, all gauges should have an option for digital display, not just analog. Especially the speedometer and boost gauges.

Last edited:
Back