Will the ps5 be stong enough to handle 4k 60fps, VR, advanced physics and tire modeling, ray tracing

• Thread starter Brainhulk
  • 63 comments
What some people don't understand is that VR requires lots of frames per second to make the experience tolerable for most people. But VR also requires the device to output double the frames vs. a TV, because you need an image for each eye in VR.

Agree with high frame rate - 90fps is required for VR. But on screen size, my understanding is that the current PSVR actually has a single1080p screen (1920x1080) which is split to two 960x1080 sections - one for each eye. That being said, your processor still needs to compute pixels from two different perspectives - one for the left eye and one the for right eye, but the total number is still equivalent to a 1080p screen: 1920x1080 ~ 2MP

I think this is what Kazunori Yamaguchi meant when he was saying about 120 FPS target. 1080p VR mode in 120FPS would be incredible.

The current PSVR is 120fps in 1080p (half screen for each eye). Have you tried GTS in VR mode? I've done it several times - great for getting the feel of elevation in a track - but it is still too limited in its resolution.

Like I said in my post above: "The biggest prob I have with current PSVR and even Oculus 1200p VR is the blurryness as you look in the distance. It just feels like you need to get new glasses because you just can't focus on the stuff far away. Cars in the distance look so blurry you can't tell what they are, corner apexes are fuzzy and undefined."

Last edited:
Just bought a 65" 4K Sony tv. I'm half thinking about getting a Pro before the PS5 comes out. GTS from my normal PS4 looks wack.

I got a new 4k TV to upgrade from normal to Pro, best thing i've ever done. Looks stunning, we take the graphics for granted we really do!

PS5 pro will be able maybe for VR with 4k 60fps together, and 120 fps VR 1080p... it will have probably the right hardware boost for it, the regular ps5 (not pro, normal one) being weaker could do 4k 60fps with ray tracing but not with VR.... With VR and 4k+ray tracing at max would do 30 fps barely.... PS5 pro could be 2x times more powerful than PS5... like 20 TFLOPS and double the RAM and better CPU.... PS6 could be double as powerful as PS5 PRO and 4 times more than original PS5

PS6 will definitely be able to do 4k 120fps stable with ray tracing ON and day night cycle+dynamic weather with a future GT8 on PS6 and native 4k 60fps with full VR turn on...GT7 on PS5 imho will be able to do 4k and stable 60 fps with dynamic tyme and night day cycle and ray tracing on, but not with VR mode. With VR will be 80-90 fps at 1080p and RTX on at most.

Last edited:
Back