Will we ever get a Rally Seasonal?

• Thread starter 2011Z
  • 23 comments
United States
United States
longfinger1
There is so much potential for Great Rally events... why have they practically ignored this part of the game?

Rally in GT5 is random tracks to remove memory mapping skill that Time Trial drivers use to go fast.
Random Track generation won't work in a seasonal because the track will be random.
If you remove the random tracks its becomes just more boring Time trials.

Rally is a lot better in GT5 than it used to be before physics updates.. so is snow.

I asked magic 8 ball- ''Will we ever get a Rally Seasonal?''

First answer: Ask again later.

Second answer: No Way!

I believe the 8 ball this time.

Rally racing in GT3 was so much fun, and in GT5 (dirt at least)... not so much. I'm not sure why. I'm not ruling out the possibility that GT5 rally is more realistic and I'm simply not that great of a rally racer.

Don't be surprised if we do get one eventually. Remember when the first-ever B-Spec Seasonal came along? I wouldn't be surprised if we get some rally Seasonals like with the Gran Turismo Rally Special Events. Maybe we'll see seperate Seasonals for gravel, snow, and tarmac rallying. It may even mean possible rallycross action on GT's Dirt and Snow courses.

Will we ever get a Rally Seasonal? I think we will likely or eventually get one. Just depends on how crafty PD is at putting one together.

I enjoy Rally racing alot, enough that I've run through the Dirt series a few times.
The thing that gets me with GT5 Rally is the vicious shaking of my G27. Even with force feedback turned way down, it feels like it is destroying the motor. I had to change to the DS3 for the rally events.

We have some rally events once in a while. An occasional time trial and drift event. I don't like the drift ones tho they are just weird as its not really drift and not really rally. Hopefully we will get more.

JohnBM01
Don't be surprised if we do get one eventually. Remember when the first-ever B-Spec Seasonal came along? I wouldn't be surprised if we get some rally Seasonals like with the Gran Turismo Rally Special Events. Maybe we'll see seperate Seasonals for gravel, snow, and tarmac rallying. It may even mean possible rallycross action on GT's Dirt and Snow courses.

Will we ever get a Rally Seasonal? I think we will likely or eventually get one. Just depends on how crafty PD is at putting one together.

I hope you're right. I love the rally events!

We have some rally events once in a while. An occasional time trial and drift event. I don't like the drift ones tho they are just weird as its not really drift and not really rally. Hopefully we will get more.

^^ This ^^ We've had one already, I'm sure there will be more. Keep an eye on the Online Car Dealers as it will give you a clue as to what the next Seasonal Events will be...

{Cy}

XXI
I enjoy Rally racing alot, enough that I've run through the Dirt series a few times.
The thing that gets me with GT5 Rally is the vicious shaking of my G27. Even with force feedback turned way down, it feels like it is destroying the motor. I had to change to the DS3 for the rally events.

might be a bit off topic but...is there a way to disable FFB so I can finally try to gold the vettel challenges?
Tried it in simulation mode, power steering off and strength 1. It still feels like the wheel is getting destroyed.

Just unplug the power to your wheel, it will take you a while to get used to correcting the wheel yourself but it helped me gold one of the SV challenges.
Just got the other two bronzes to convert to gold now :(

a couple days ago I tried doing that with the game already running and the ps3 shut down automatically.

I'll try doing this, but it isn't clear about if I should unplug it before running the game or if I have to it wait for the second in-game calibration.
Yeah just fire up the wheel let it calibrate, then unplug it. I only use this on ovals, when grinding.

Last edited:
We had a rally time trial on K Trail not too terribly long ago. I placed somewhere in the upper 200's. :) We also had a time trial on snow just a few weeks ago.

a couple days ago I tried doing that with the game already running and the ps3 shut down automatically.

I'll try doing this, but it isn't clear about if I should unplug it before running the game or if I have to it wait for the second in-game calibration.

Try unplgging it (from power outlet, leave USB in obviously) when in game, after it calibrates. Although Force Feedback has been adjusted for snow and gravel in the past few updates. In that Seasonal snow TT, I left my G25 on FF level 6 and it was fine. It used to be too strong on 2.

Try it again if you haven't lately.

We've never had a rally event that can be repeated for cr & xp, once it's been golded.
TT & DT's are all well and good, but the game really should have a repeatable series of
Rally events, with rewards (Aspec or Seasonal) considering the amount of rally content (tracks + cars)it contains.
I really hope that PD adds a Rally series soon, though considering how long Gt5's been out, it's looking less and less likely.

Rally in GT5 is random tracks to remove memory mapping skill that Time Trial drivers use to go fast.
Random Track generation won't work in a seasonal because the track will be random.
If you remove the random tracks its becomes just more boring Time trials.
There is still Chamonix and Eiger, both permanent tracks.

Dirt racing in GT5 is only bad if you leave the differential at the 30/70 ratio provided. Go into the quick menu and switch them to 50/50 or therabouts (like a real rally car) and the challenges become soooo much easier.

I'd love a three-set too - maybe one day.

Also I wouldn't put too much faith in watching the OCD as there have been crops of rally cars at least three times now and no event to get them dirty in.

^^ This ^^ We've had one already, I'm sure there will be more. Keep an eye on the Online Car Dealers as it will give you a clue as to what the next Seasonal Events will be...

{Cy}

We've had rally cars several times in the OCD... and no rally seasonal came with them... :ouch:

I think we'll never get one... but hope dies last :)

:nervous:

There is still Chamonix and Eiger, both permanent tracks.

Right now we can do these tracks in single car free run or as a one-make race. I'd like to see the one-make race opened up to a wider range of opponents and a certain amount of prize and experience credits awarded, please.

Respectfully submitted,
Steve

We've had rally cars several times in the OCD... and no rally seasonal came with them... :ouch:

I think we'll never get one... but hope dies last :)

:nervous:

I know we've had more rally cars in the OCD than we've had rally events, but nonetheless, we have had at least one rally event. I'd like to see a few more, as I've not really done much rallying in GT5...

{Cy}

Now it is completely clear that the Seasonal events occurred exactly in the order that they appeared from the beginning (except for the bonus race 1-7)

I will just mention a few dates last Seasonal events and compare them with those that were previously removed.

-Japanese 80's Festival
10.03.2011. -24.03.2011. > 02.08.2012. -
-Pickup Race Track
24.03.2011.-07.04.2011. > 16.08.2012. -
Lamborghini-Exclusive
31.03.2011.-14.04.2011. > 30.08.2012
Lightweight K-Cup
14.04.2011. -?? > 13.09.2012
-Classic Muscle Car Championship
20.04.2011. - 20.12.2011> 27.09.2012.
-French Car Championship
19.05.2011. - 20.12.2011> 11.10.2012
-Supercar Festival
26.05.2011. - 20.12.2011> 25.10.2012.

So, the order in which it appears Seasonal events is exactly the same sequence in which they appeared in 2011.

2011th after Supercar Seasonal event followed was
Expert Challenge Race
But I doubt that we will now get that Seasonal event.
I think the next seasonal event is Honda Civic Competition
and then follows
-British Lightweights
-La Festa Cavallino

So, no relly event

I use the DFGT steering wheel, I bought the Lancer Super Rally Car '03 with 4,000 miles and now it has over 21,000 miles, not to mention using the other rally cars quite a bit, I thought the same at first when I got my wheel (oh man im killing my steering wheel with this rallying) but its still working fine and i rally more than anything else. If PD does do a rally seasonal I will be happy as a pig in $h!t. LOL

Rally racing in GT3 was so much fun, and in GT5 (dirt at least)... not so much. I'm not sure why. I'm not ruling out the possibility that GT5 rally is more realistic and I'm simply not that great of a rally racer.

GT3's physics were perfect for having fun rallying, back in those days you could use R34s with over 1000 Horsepower.

And THEN there's the Suzuki...wow. Also not to mention i think GT3 had more than 3 areas for rally racing and the most variations for a single location were 4.

Back