Votes: 81 92.0%
  • No

Votes: 7 8.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
United States
USA
Dear Mr. Yamauchi

You have mentioned this in the past once or twice, but is it still planned, or is it going to be ready soon? Also, how will it function, basically saying will it have the previous features from Gran Turismo 4, plus a few extras? It would be great to hear about it.

Sincerely, Sean Davis

(Didn't find it in the search)

Personally I always thought B-spec was fantastic.
If I was to tired to actually play A-spec myself, I could watch races with my tunes in B-spec and just relax.
Used it to break in cars from time to time ect on GT5.
It'd be great to be able to design your own B-spec races IMO.
I don't understand why it's always seemed that so many ppl in the community are not interested in this mode...

Last edited:
In GT6 B-Spec is not separated so it's a bit pointless to add a B-Spec mode, adding it will make the game easier than it already is. It's also pointless since you need to do Special Events and Licences without B-Spec mode. Another fact is that B-Spec will ruin the fun out of grinding in the Red Bull races since you can earn money for nothing (unless B-Spec is disabled there). Finally it's kinda weird having no levels and B-Spec since the drivers used to level up as well as the B-spec level, it could with it just levels but it's pretty weird for me. Sad part is that I will probably be one of the users because I'm pretty lazy.

Why is there a poll anyway? This forum is meant for Kaz to answer questions I thought, not us.

In GT6 B-Spec is not separated so it's a bit pointless to add a B-Spec mode, adding it will make the game easier than it already is. It's also pointless since you need to do Special Events and Licences without B-Spec mode. Another fact is that B-Spec will ruin the fun out of grinding in the Red Bull races since you can earn money for nothing (unless B-Spec is disabled there). Finally it's kinda weird having no levels and B-Spec since the drivers used to level up as well as the B-spec level, it could with it just levels but it's pretty weird for me. Sad part is that I will probably be one of the users because I'm pretty lazy.

I think a B-spec mode could work just fine in GT6. I also believe that it could be separated in GT6 without levels as in GT5.
It could be adapted to this game like a coffee break mode. Perhaps credits don't even need to be earned. What if the prizes were racing parts, paint chips, custom wings, free engine overhauls for examples. Or what if they tied B-spec into a course creator allowing you to make your own course and set up races.
Naturally you'd want to drive those as well but I'd still believe it to be a possible option.
I think B-spec could be evolved in a major way to help show case and teach racing techniques ect.
I think that's very on par with GT's attitude and direction IMO.

Last edited:
It would be nice to see B-Spec back....if it has major improvements over GT5's B-Spec. I have been running B-Spec on 5 for the last month as I was late to starting B and want to utilise the online events while they are there and, to me, it is the worst part of GT5. Trying to run the Monaco Online race is just farcical....a Level 35 driver who drives into corners (2 specific ones) whenever there is another car within 100 feet of his...I luckily won it at the 3rd attempt thanks to luck on where the other cars were but I have never laughed so much in sheer disbelief at something in GT. Overall, I do quite enjoy B-Spec but it needs work and it also needs more options like being able to tell the driver not to overtake etc

what if b-spec was where you start as a young lad using karts to hone skills then moved on to other types of races and you could choose to be either an f-1 guy or nascar or any of the top racers maybe race against others online in real time instead of using it for grinding. just a thought

what if b-spec was where you start as a young lad using karts to hone skills then moved on to other types of races and you could choose to be either an f-1 guy or nascar or any of the top racers maybe race against others online in real time instead of using it for grinding. just a thought
What if it were like a retirement mode that opens after A-spec is complete. Then make the choice to either f-1guy and everything you said after that...

Last edited:
I never really "got" this mode. In GT4 it was nice because it meant I didn't have to waste my time with endurance races but I got in the habit of using it for other races and it took some of the fun out of the game. GT5 meanwhile was ridiculous. Spend half the time watching instead of playing? No thanks, I recently painted my room and I could save some electricity by just watching it dry.

I never really "got" this mode. In GT4 it was nice because it meant I didn't have to waste my time with endurance races but I got in the habit of using it for other races and it took some of the fun out of the game. GT5 meanwhile was ridiculous. Spend half the time watching instead of playing? No thanks, I recently painted my room and I could save some electricity by just watching it dry.

Yeah, implementation in 5 was horrible.

I've always said that if it was done the way it was in 4, I want it. It was great on endurance races. If you were getting tired and had a big lead, just let 'ol Bob drive for a couple of hours. Also loved the ability to speed the races up.

Opinions, opinions. I quite enjoyed watching AI races, and it was also pretty useful for seeing the effectiveness of setup tweaks, as the B-spec driver was always dead consistent.

Uhm... guys, voting in the poll is fine and all, but you have to LIKE the first post in order for it to count. ;)

Once again, more poll votes than Likes. Come on, people, Read that bold red sentence in the first post... darn it, no colors...

Last edited:
Yes, I would like to see B-Spec back, I think the absence of Bob is due to the AI getting a makeover, reintegrating B-Spec back into the whole, this is why no endurance races, only time attack in special events.

I love endurance races, but won't do the 24 hours events without Bob also in the seat.

Uhm... just a reminder that the poll doesn't count. You have to Like the first post in the thread here to add to the votes. No pressure or anything, just... Like...

Uhm... just a reminder that the poll doesn't count. You have to Like the first post in the thread here to add to the votes. No pressure or anything, just... Like...

Some people are easily confused...It's the reason they have to put warning labels on things like gas pumps to tell you not to drink the gasoline

We are a weird species, I must say. Makes GT Planet an interesting place...

This is another one of those threads that puzzles me to no end, considering how many here discussed how useful B-Spec was in getting them through endurance races, milking races for credits in GT4, etc. You guys are still here, right??

Back