Will we see more normal cars added to GT6 as DLC?

• Thread starter SCER
  • 41 comments
United Kingdom
London
haroldinho41
GT6 has been pretty solidly supported in terms of the number of cars added to the game free of charge, but one of the unique aspects of the Gran Turismo series has been it's inclusion of ordinary every-day cars, which tend not to be ordinarily found on race tracks outside of grassroots motorsport, in real-life and in other racing games. This inclusion of ordinary affordable road cars has arguably contributed to the series being considered the best for the more hardcore car enthusiast, and it'd be great to see that reputation enhanced through the addition of more of them as DLC.

Last edited:
I would love it if they added in newly premiumized standard cars in updates, replacing the ones already in the dealerships.

That'd be great too. It's always hard to tell what they should add in updates and what they should save for future releases though.

While I greatly cherish the number of street cars from the mid-80s on up, there are a lot of sports cars I'd love to see in GT6 in a Car Pack. More of the upper end of the scale from BMW, Mercedes-Benz and others, but also some more pedestrian cars. Kia Ultima, Nissan Altima, Ford Probe anyone? There are quite a few I'd like to see, some from Forza 4's car list like the Alfa Romeo GTV-6.

Many of these cars have alternate lives as race cars, and I can't seem to stop harping about wanting more car fodder which would make great league racing machines from history and today. Come on PD, get encyclopedic! :D

If PD outsourced or at least hired more modelers, receiving so many Vision GT cars wouldn't be as....suffocating. But again, this is just one example of how GT6 has "failed" or has "disappointed" so many. PD needs balance.

Still waiting for that premium Ferrari F50. *drools*

Last edited:
I highly agree with this...

PD pretty much has an obligation to include Normal Cars now because thanks to the Suggestions forum here on our very own GTPlanet (Which I highly suspect Kaz looks at.), they now know which cars to put into the game or Premiumerize now.

I mean the Top 3 most wanted cars in GT at the moment of typing this are normal cars:

1. BMW M3 (E30)
  2. Toyota Supra RZ (Mk4)
  3. Ford Sierra RS500 Cosworth
It's been more than 6 months since those threads have been posted, which is pretty much the time it takes to develop a car for GT6. So why has there been a hold up if PD knows where to work from and especially since there are good relationships with the manufacturers and PD? It baffles me you know.

I highly agree with this...

PD pretty much has an obligation to include Normal Cars now because thanks to the Suggestions forum here on our very own GTPlanet (Which I highly suspect Kaz looks at.), they now know which cars to put into the game or Premiumerize now.

I mean the Top 3 most wanted cars in GT at the moment of typing this are normal cars:

1. BMW M3 (E30)
  2. Toyota Supra RZ (Mk4)
  3. Ford Sierra RS500 Cosworth
It's been more than 6 months since those threads have been posted, which is pretty much the time it takes to develop a car for GT6. So why has there been a hold up if PD knows where to work from and especially since there are good relationships with the manufacturers and PD? It baffles me you know.
I don't think there's any hold up. PD has never really been one to respond to fan requests. There have been fan forums asking for certain cars for years and years (E30 or premium Supra anyone?) that have been included in other games for many years, so you know it's not a licensing/availability issue and yet they never come. I'd love to see them concentrate on the top portion of both suggestions forum but it would be a complete about face if they did.

I don't think there's any hold up. PD has never really been one to respond to fan requests. There have been fan forums asking for certain cars for years and years (E30 or premium Supra anyone?) that have been included in other games for many years, so you know it's not a licensing/availability issue and yet they never come. I'd love to see them concentrate on the top portion of both suggestions forum but it would be a complete about face if they did.

Well now at least they actually wanna hear what we have to say for once. So now I think it's time.

To make life easier, any car over 100 likes should get that special treatment. That's +-150 cars to add or to make Premium. Apparently there's 50 car modelers. So in 2 years that's pretty much the large portion of the car work done. The others can be cars PD fancies from the suggestions or what they want.

That's ambitious, but it would be good :lol:
Because we won't probably get Porsches but how Forza Motorsport 4 made an DLC with Porsches without EA's permission? Why can't GT do that same thing? (Just wondering, not offending anybody) :(

Because we won't probably get Porsches but how Forza Motorsport 4 made an DLC with Porsches without EA's permission? Why can't GT do that same thing? (Just wondering, not offending anybody) :(

By all cars I thought you meant literally every car ever made. And this is the first I'm hearing of a supposedly illegal Porsche DLC, I have absolutely no idea where PD stand regarding Porsches. To be honest though, by normal everyday cars I was referring to the cars the majority of which make up the traffic you see in the street, not sports cars or super cars.

By all cars I thought you meant literally every car ever made. And this is the first I'm hearing of a supposedly illegal Porsche DLC, I have absolutely no idea where PD stand regarding Porsches. To be honest though, by normal everyday cars I was referring to the cars the majority of which make up the traffic you see in the street, not sports cars or super cars.
You mean that Forza 4 made an ilegal Porsche DLC, without any permission from EA, right?

How does this prove they listened? The list was discontinued due to lack of interest as well, so I hardly think a thread that drew very little community interest and was discontinued, is the go to thread for PD in terms of car selection. Unless I missed something, I didn't read the whole thread.

If anything the thousands of votes cast in the GTP forums should hold more sway.

Realistically, all the cars can't be modeled for GT7, so the next best thing would be to prioritise which cars are needed the most and chuck them in the game or premiumize.

I've said it once and I'll say it again. Chuck the Standard cars because they will just bring down the overall quality of the game. Sure each car has its fans but a sacrifice has to be made. My favourite car in the world is a standard but I'm willing to make a choice and make noise about it in the suggestions forum.

Realistically, all the cars can't be modeled for GT7, so the next best thing would be to prioritise which cars are needed the most and chuck them in the game or premiumize.
PD does need to prioritize, but I think their top priority should be to model and Premiumize cars that are often used in racing. Admittedly, that's most of them because people will race almost any car. They also need to Premiumize all the race cars, though that can be an easier task due to many of them having Premium car models already. Chuck the Standard copies, touch up the bodywork so they're accurate and reskin them. Supras, Celicas, NSXs, Ford GTs... many cars have Premium/Standard versions.

As for chucking the Standards entirely, no. I've said it often and I'll say it again, if PD is pressured into removing them, make it an option. That way, you guys who only want beautiful high poly cars running around ugly subPremium tracks can have that. And we who don't give a carp what you guys think of us ruining our game with having at least twice as many rides can have at least twice as many rides to race around in, while we both wait for Premiumizing work to continue on both cars and tracks. And those who suffer brain hemorrhage if they so much as SEE a Standard car can stick to Premium ONLY rooms, and be safe. Bob's your uncle.

That way, you guys who only want beautiful high poly cars running around ugly subPremium tracks can have that.

Bob's your uncle.

As Mark Higgins said while voicing over the 2015 STI Isle of Man run, "I think I prefer to be going flat out because you haven't got time to look at the trees and the walls around you..."

Lastly, I'M MEANT TO SAY THAT:grumpy:

How does this prove they listened? The list was discontinued due to lack of interest as well, so I hardly think a thread that drew very little community interest and was discontinued, is the go to thread for PD in terms of car selection. Unless I missed something, I didn't read the whole thread.

If anything the thousands of votes cast in the GTP forums should hold more sway.

If you read the entire first post, it was noted that SEVERAL of the top cars HAVE BEEN added to GT. Not saying all of them, but several.

If you read the entire first post, it was noted that SEVERAL of the top cars HAVE BEEN added to GT. Not saying all of them, but several.
It still proves no connection at all, it could be just pure coincidence. Given the overwhelming hue and cry for years and years for the E30 and a premium Supra and neither included in the game, it tells me they aren't paying attention to fan requests at all.

It takes true conviction of how little you care what other people say to take the time to remind people every time you post that you don't care what they say.

PD does need to prioritize, but I think their top priority should be to model and Premiumize cars that are often used in racing. Admittedly, that's most of them because people will race almost any car. They also need to Premiumize all the race cars, though that can be an easier task due to many of them having Premium car models already. Chuck the Standard copies, touch up the bodywork so they're accurate and reskin them. Supras, Celicas, NSXs, Ford GTs... many cars have Premium/Standard versions.

As for chucking the Standards entirely, no. I've said it often and I'll say it again, if PD is pressured into removing them, make it an option. That way, you guys who only want beautiful high poly cars running around ugly subPremium tracks can have that. And we who don't give a carp what you guys think of us ruining our game with having at least twice as many rides can have at least twice as many rides to race around in, while we both wait for Premiumizing work to continue on both cars and tracks. And those who suffer brain hemorrhage if they so much as SEE a Standard car can stick to Premium ONLY rooms, and be safe. Bob's your uncle.
How exactly do you expect them to model and premiumize cars used for racing, premiumize all the racecars, continue premiumizing hundreds of standard cars, produce hundreds of race mods, and hundreds of liveries for race cars and 30 VGT cars when their output of premium cars for the past 10 years has been a very steady 40 unique, full premium cars per year?

Your wishes are complete fantasy unless you have some inside knowledge about how they can double or triple their modeling output over the next year or two or more likely 5.

It still proves no connection at all, it could be just pure coincidence. Given the overwhelming hue and cry for years and years for the E30 and a premium Supra and neither included in the game, it tells me they aren't paying attention to fan requests at all.

I'll give you that one.

Back