Will we see more normal cars added to GT6 as DLC?

• Thread starter SCER
  • 41 comments
How exactly do you expect them to model and premiumize cars used for racing, premiumize all the racecars, continue premiumizing hundreds of standard cars, produce hundreds of race mods, and hundreds of liveries for race cars and 30 VGT cars when their output of premium cars for the past 10 years has been a very steady 40 unique, full premium cars per year?
As I said, prioritize, and then get to work.
  • Many race cars have both Premium and Standard models. Some Standard race cars have Premium sports cars they're based on. Modify the Premiums to fit the originals. Modifying them shouldn't take anywhere near six man-months per car.
  • Some Premium sports cars are used as race cars. Some would be well suited to be used as race cars if they aren't already. Modifying them to race cars shouldn't take anywhere near six man-months per car.
  • The differences between many race cars are simply the liveries, and any livery artist worth their salt should be able to make a couple of liveries a week or more.
  • Making some cars Superstandards shouldn't take anywhere near six man-months per car.
  • Modifying some cars to Superstandard race cars shouldn't take anywhere near six man-months per car.
If anything should alarm you, it should be the potential workload of some 600 sports cars with four variations of muffler per car (stock, sport, semi-racing and racing) for some 2400 new sound sets that have to be made for these cars. In contrast, Premiumizing portions of cars and sub-Premiumizing certain cars as they go seems a considerably smaller task.

Besides, as I've said before, some of that infrastructure is there already. Build on what would be easiest to realize, and get to work on it. The easiest league oriented content to start with would be Super GT and other Japanese racing leagues, possibly other Asian leagues; SCCA, American LeMans/United SportsCar Challenge, NASCAR; DTM. If the Formula GT was Premiumized and the Ferrari F1s brought back, then you'd also have Formula 1 style open wheeled racing.

People have advocated PD have 600 Premium car models in GT7 at launch and I haven't seen you have a talk down at them. 600 may be very optimistic, but I don't know. I don't know what Kaz's hiring plans are, nor how big the team is right now, no one does. So 600 Premium cars may not be out of the question, and who knows what they'll be doing with the Standard cars and tracks? But since the difference between many race cars are the liveries, with perhaps a small bodykit difference, I see no reason why GT7 can't have a wealth of them.

As I said, prioritize, and then get to work.
  • Many race cars have both Premium and Standard models. Some Standard race cars have Premium sports cars they're based on. Modify the Premiums to fit the originals. Modifying them shouldn't take anywhere near six man-months per car.
  • Some Premium sports cars are used as race cars. Some would be well suited to be used as race cars if they aren't already. Modifying them to race cars shouldn't take anywhere near six man-months per car.
  • The differences between many race cars are simply the liveries, and any livery artist worth their salt should be able to make a couple of liveries a week or more.
  • Making some cars Superstandards shouldn't take anywhere near six man-months per car.
  • Modifying some cars to Superstandard race cars shouldn't take anywhere near six man-months per car.
If anything should alarm you, it should be the potential workload of some 600 sports cars with four variations of muffler per car (stock, sport, semi-racing and racing) for some 2400 new sound sets that have to be made for these cars. In contrast, Premiumizing portions of cars and sub-Premiumizing certain cars as they go seems a considerably smaller task.

Besides, as I've said before, some of that infrastructure is there already. Build on what would be easiest to realize, and get to work on it. The easiest league oriented content to start with would be Super GT and other Japanese racing leagues, possibly other Asian leagues; SCCA, American LeMans/United SportsCar Challenge, NASCAR; DTM. If the Formula GT was Premiumized and the Ferrari F1s brought back, then you'd also have Formula 1 style open wheeled racing.

People have advocated PD have 600 Premium car models in GT7 at launch and I haven't seen you have a talk down at them. 600 may be very optimistic, but I don't know. I don't know what Kaz's hiring plans are, nor how big the team is right now, no one does. So 600 Premium cars may not be out of the question, and who knows what they'll be doing with the Standard cars and tracks? But since the difference between many race cars are the liveries, with perhaps a small bodykit difference, I see no reason why GT7 can't have a wealth of them.
All you did was expand on my list and then say, "don't worry, it won't take much time". Sorry, it will. At 40 cars/year you have to give up a lot to do what you want done and it just isn't possible.

And you haven't been paying attention if you think I haven't said anything to anyone mentioned unrealistic numbers of premium cars because I've done it many times. 600 is very unrealistic given there are less than 400 unique premiums at this point and at 40/year, 600 is more than 5 years away.

Well, we don'y know what Kaz has in mind. We don't know how big PD's team is. Or how big it will be. So as in all things GT, we'll see. ;)

I do think that GT6 deserves more cars, more ''normal'' and classic cars. Don't really care if they're premium or standard, but having some fresh metal to drive would please a lot of us.

Yeah the VGT's and racing cars are great but like SCER said, the everyday cars are the core of the GT series and I'm hoping for one or two DLC's with some great cars.

I wouldn't say to scrap the program, but if manufacturers want to continue with Vision GT concepts, maybe they could provide game-ready models that just need performance/damage code attached and skinning. I like these guys, and would like to see racing models of all of them.

I highly agree with this...

PD pretty much has an obligation to include Normal Cars now because thanks to the Suggestions forum here on our very own GTPlanet (Which I highly suspect Kaz looks at.), they now know which cars to put into the game or Premiumerize now.

I mean the Top 3 most wanted cars in GT at the moment of typing this are normal cars:

1. BMW M3 (E30)
  2. Toyota Supra RZ (Mk4)
  3. Ford Sierra RS500 Cosworth
It's been more than 6 months since those threads have been posted, which is pretty much the time it takes to develop a car for GT6. So why has there been a hold up if PD knows where to work from and especially since there are good relationships with the manufacturers and PD? It baffles me you know.
You forgot 22B and M3 CSL.

Normal cars...Just WHAT is constituted as a normal car? Go through GT's car list and quite frankly, even Scooby 360, has some meaning behind it. Whether they are historically important, reasonably sporty and fun to drive or just plain damn good looking, almost all the cars in GT have something....extra ordinary about them. I just can't see tupperware diesel Golfs and travelling salemen-spec Camrys to grace GT games in the future. As for Golf VII GTI, well now that IS a different matter altogether...

Normal cars...Just WHAT is constituted as a normal car? Go through GT's car list and quite frankly, even Scooby 360, has some meaning behind it. Whether they are historically important, reasonably sporty and fun to drive or just plain damn good looking, almost all the cars in GT have something....extra ordinary about them. I just can't see tupperware diesel Golfs and travelling salemen-spec Camrys to grace GT games in the future. As for Golf VII GTI, well now that IS a different matter altogether...

True. How about the addition of cars that are more normal, rather than the addition of more normal cars? English is a terrible language.

Back