Will you go to XBone if Standard cars are officially announced for GT7?

• Thread starter Fat Tyre
  • 414 comments

Will you go to XBone if Standard cars are officially announced for GT7?

• Yes, I had enough of PD. This way I can play Forza and Pcars.

Votes: 29 8.8%
  • No, I am still loyal to Sony. I'll get a PS4 and play Pcars.

Votes: 43 13.0%
  • No, I don't care about Standard cars being in the game. I love GT, will still get GT7 regardless.

Votes: 214 64.7%
  • I would love to go XBone for Forza but its lower performance compared to PS4 is holding me back.

Votes: 8 2.4%
  • No more consoles for me, I will only play on PC from now on.

Votes: 37 11.2%

• Total voters
Australia
Melbourne
OK this is simple really. I am just wondering how many people were going to wait for GT7 to be released to get a PS4 and now are considering going XBone since Standard cars are likely to be featured in GT7.

Yes I know I could have gone with a simple Yes/ No type answer but there are so many variables...:)

People complaining about standart cars in GT7 are just... Silly! They should put themselfs in PD´s place, if only they knew how hard and how many time it would take to model the interior and premiurize over 1200 cars they probably wouldn´t complain...

Last edited:
As much as I dislike Standard cars it wouldn't turn me off GT7 or the PS4. What would turn me off GT7 is the lack of competitive AI and the lack of proper features conducive to better online racing. Whether I go console or to PC is going to depend on whether my wheel is supported or not. There's no poll answer that fits me so I didn't vote.

Wait...am I mistaken in understanding that they've been confirmed?

“I doubt that we’ll be throwing away the standard cars,” said Yamauchi. “Each car has its own fans. So I think we’ll hang on to the archive. In the meanwhile, some of those cars we may be able to make into Premium cars as they become available – but basically we’re more focussed on increasing the number of premium cars.”

So a little yes and a little no. :lol: There's no "I just 🤬 got 🤬 GT7 and the 🤬 game 🤬 has 🤬 standards in it!" followed by a *snap* as of yet, but it's a pretty good bet they're there.

PS for life, Forza seems awesome and all but one game does not maker a console. I mainly play PS for Final Fantasy, Metal Gear, and Gran Turismo. FF and MG have gone multiplat, but they still have the best communities on PS and the best stuff on PS, as for GT next game would have to suck a whole lot for me to get PCars (I don't mind standards), I might get it also but for now I'll stay on PS4. Besides PS4 and PS+ are cheaper.

I'm not sure which one to pick, because I like Forza and GT equally (even though I play GT way more) and I really want an XBone to play FM5 and a PS4 to play GT7 and other games.

While the poll does force fence-sitters to pick a side (I'm mostly likely going to get the next Forza instead of GT7), I'm gonna chime in and say I won't be getting GT7, and for reasons other than the abundance of the so called 'standards'.

It's PD's general attitude towards the Gran Turismo series that I dislike. Features such as AI, sound and damage haven't improved much over the years, a livery editor is nowhere to be seen, and a feature that was promised on launch still isn't even in the game 7 months later. And correct me if I'm wrong, but did PD plan to have monthly track DLC, too?

The standard cars are just another reason why I won't get the game. If I wanted to drive cars with ten year old graphics, I'd play Gran Turismo 4.

Nah I can't do that. Despite my hatred for standard cars I can't leave GT7 like that. HOWEVER, I'll be waiting for reviews on it first, especially to hear if GT7 got a major overhaul which it needs. If not then forget, I hate PD's attitude and how their treating the GT series. Also I'll be getting a Xbox One later this month, since I've have a PS4 already. It's silly that people will stay on one console and be part of both worlds, (Wii U and PC included), whats wrong with that?

I voted for the third one, because I will be getting pCARS for PS4.

Last edited:
I'll be getting a Xbox One later this month, since I've have a PS4 already. It's silly that people will stay on one console and be part of both worlds, (Wii U and PC included), whats wrong with that?

Nothing wrong with that, actually it's great. I thought of getting both consoles myself as well but the thing is I just got a Playseat so I would need two different wheels, as far as I am concerned you can't get one that is compatible with both XBone and PS4. So yeah I will have to choose between them or go with PC.

If i am to buy a next gen console it wont be dictated by this rivalry(although i'd slightly lean towards playing Horizon) but by other games. Iracing is just head and above when it comes to actual meaningful racing experience.

That being said an actual meaningful racing championships system in GT7(or forza) would make me all hot and bothered.

No XBone for me as they screwed us over with wheel support. If they wouldn't yes i would have probably bought one for FM later on.

I might still buy a PS4 if it turns out wheel support is present, but i won't be buying it for whatever "vision" Kazunori chucks out...

I already have a PS4 so I'll be getting pCARS depending on if my G25 is supported. I'm not getting an XBone just for FM5, FH2 and pCARS and I don't have time, money or patience to invest in a gaming PC.

Nothing wrong with that, actually it's great. I thought of getting both consoles myself as well but the thing is I just got a Playseat so I would need two different wheels, as far as I am concerned you can't get one that is compatible with both XBone and PS4. So yeah I will have to choose between them or go with PC.
Aww, tough decision. :( The reason why I'm also getting a Xbox One is to complete my next generation set, since I already have a PS4 and Wii U. ;)

People complaining about standart cars in GT7 are just... Silly! They should put themselfs in PD´s place, if only they knew how hard and how many time it would take to model the interior and premiurize over 1200 cars they probably wouldn´t complain...

It's the same thing as buying a Ferrari fro $450,000 and having mud all over it that's what Standards are like for me especially for PS4 that's an insult if anything.

I couldn't vote as I'm not a blind Sony Supporter like that, and having Standards won't force me to go to another console I have more games to choose from too.

Standard cars are no match for horible decisions Microsoft has made to XBone. Limited releases, only US contents, Hostaging Companies (Rareware), noncreative game lineups, idiotic marketing desicion (performance improved via the cloud), forcing Kinect up to the point where NO ONE wants to buy in my country even on black market because they feared they will be surveilanced by NSA. Yes some of it are recently changed by MS but, my faith on this brand is totally over.

Forza 5 is still great, though.

What are standard cars anyway????

mhhuwu7.jpg

VS

Pagani-Huayra-11_73Front.jpg

I'll never understand people buying a console for one game.
I already own a PS4.
And don't mind standard cars.

So the third option suits me best. :D

Latest Posts

Back