Will you keep playing Gran Turismo 7 despite the current controversy?

• Thread starter furryboy96
  • 182 comments

Will you keep playing Gran Turismo 7 despite the current controversy?

• Yes

Votes: 267 74.4%
  • No

Votes: 92 25.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
United States
United States
bloodykills750
Right now, a lot of people are rightfully mad at Polyphony Digital with how things are with the game. Some people are even boycotting. However despite all the anger and controversy, will you keep playing the game? Personally...I am going to keep playing because despite the issues, I am still having fun with the game. I spend most of my time in Sport Mode so car collection isn't really a huge thing for me. I'll get the cars I want and spend most of my time online racing. Besides, maybe the future updates will make up for the decreased payouts and microtransactions.

It sucks what they did, but it's no reason to drop the game, at least for me. Maybe it helps for me to have already grinded a bunch of credits when the money was good. Plus I don't much care for 12 or 20 million cars. I want the Mark IV, the Sauber C9, McLaren F1 road and race and whatever else comes along for under 5 mill. Other stuff is extra.

It sucks what they did, but it's no reason to drop the game, at least for me. Maybe it helps for me to have already grinded a bunch of credits when the money was good. Plus I don't much care for 12 or 20 million cars. I want the Mark IV, the Sauber C9, McLaren F1 road and race and whatever else comes along for under 5 mill. Other stuff is extra.
I saw Sauber C9 in legendary cars section for 3M today.

FOMO will keep me playing. I need a 787B in my garage regardless of what state the game is in and who knows how much I'll need for it when the time comes.

In the meantime, I'll be looking to improve my Fisherman's Ranch times. Struggling to get under 3:10 consistently, and I have an alien of a friend who clocked in a sub 3 minute race :dunce:

FOMO will keep me playing. I need a 787B in my garage regardless of what state the game is in and who knows how much I'll need for it when the time comes.

In the meantime, I'll be looking to improve my Fisherman's Ranch times. Struggling to get under 3:10 consistently, and I have an alien of a friend who clocked in a sub 3 minute race :dunce:
I got my times down to 3:03 but I think at this point to improve I need to learn manual. I highly recommend the Mustang for that race. The supercharger is key out of all those hairpins.

I will. That said, I share many people's pain about the whole slashing of winnings thing. All I have to do is hope that the content updates bring new events with (hopefully) larger payouts.

Last edited:
I will. I love the game, and it will only get better with updates and DLC. As for the "controversy", i get it. But it's not a problem for me personally. I am in the fortunate position which allows me spend real money on the game, so if i feel like it's taking too long to get a car i want, i will just pay for it with real money. To me the enjoyment i get from driving what i want, when i want, and customizing it however i want, is worth that. And i get the whole having to "earn a car" thru hard work and it feeling like a sense of accomplishment in the end, but i get that same feeling from driving it, and making it my own, and it works for me. So yeah, i will keep playing it and i hope they start pumping out some new content soon.

Last edited:
Right now, a lot of people are rightfully mad at Polyphony Digital with how things are with the game. Some people are even boycotting. However despite all the anger and controversy, will you keep playing the game? Personally...I am going to keep playing because despite the issues, I am still having fun with the game. I spend most of my time in Sport Mode so car collection isn't really a huge thing for me. I'll get the cars I want and spend most of my time online racing. Besides, maybe the future updates will make up for the decreased payouts and microtransactions.
How do you spend most of your time in sport mode when the races wont load lol?

Are they going to do anymore updates with new tracks and new cars really struggling to do the missions and the tests

Problem is not playing it or not, but the bad taste in your mouth, because they made kinda dick move. Who knows if they won't go further with limiting rewards... And that news after releasing patch 1.08 that they want cars to cost like in real world and don't want us to grind money for them. So they limited rewards...

Definitely not. At least not for the immediate future. I'm playing GT Sport, which turns out has much more single player content now than GT7, and content that resembles more what I remember GT to be from the earlier games.

I didn't play the game since the outage ended, and hasn't been playing a few days before that either.

Last edited:
Back