• Thread starter Tyre King
  • 35 comments

Tyre King

Sleep! Who needs Sleep?
Premium
United Kingdom
Carlisle,Cumbria,England!
Ballstothewall1
Does anyone else consider that the wind noise is overly loud in GT5P?

I am a little upset that even when driving the F430, in which the engine note is almost perfect and the body is as aerodynamically slippery as a greasy fish, once I get up to speed on the Daytona circuit I can barely hear the engine for the wind noise!

I know it has to be there for drafting purposes, but if I had paid $173-200K for a car like this, only to not be able to hear myself think let alone hear the engine, I'd be PI$$ED!:grumpy:

I hope they sort it in the full game!:ill:

Neil

LOL.. wind noise?

Are you being serious? I hardly hear any ambience type sounds. Have you got the sounds setup correctly? Also, make sure your surround set is setup right..

any car you ganna drive fast you will hear wind noise. less or more, its still there.. if you buy a fast car, i bet you are going really fast, so of course there will be wind noise, its real life deal with it.

LOL.. wind noise?

Are you being serious? I hardly hear any ambience type sounds. Have you got the sounds setup correctly? Also, make sure your surround set is setup right..

I am playing it through 5.1 headphones at the moment, and won't be doing it any other way really.
My PS3 is linked to the same 26" HD TV that I use for the PC, and the sound is hooked up through the PC's sound-card & cordless headphones I use for other gaming.

I don't have the same problem with GT4 on the same setup.
Any ideas how to dial it down, or adjust the settings?
any car you ganna drive fast you will hear wind noise. less or more, its still there.. if you buy a fast car, i bet you are going really fast, so of course there will be wind noise, its real life deal with it.

I am aware of that mate, not a newbie at this you know? So no need to be sarcastic!
I just find it oppressive at the levels I am hearing.

Neil

there seems to be a trend starting. people are starting to run out of things to complain about so they are saying tyre screeching sounds bad and now wind noise is too much.

next its going to be i cant put down my sunvisor for the sun glare.

there seems to be a trend starting. people are starting to run out of things to complain about so they are saying tyre screeching sounds bad and now wind noise is too much.

sunglasses anyone?

Just do what endurance racers do and raise your hand to the windshield to block the sun. :sly:

Daft how a simple comment suddenly gets stomped on from a great height!
:indiff:
Neil

Tires do not sound like rabid banshees when they lose traction. This tire sound has been in place since GT2.

Amen!

Actually, I thought I noticed that in GT5:P demo (don't have the game itself) the wind noise was toned down from GT4?

I've always kinda liked the wind noise - it's a very definite cue as to how fast you're going (totally absent from Forza).

Download "GT-R Inside Story II" movie from GT-TV and listen :)

btw... take a closer look at badge on Kaz's jakcet :lol:
Yeah, I noticed that too. :sly: Funny that.

I think it was in "GT-R Inside Story I" from the GT-TV that Kaz drove around with the window down. The audio was horrible because of that. Now, is that how they record the wind noise? :scared:

Actually, I thought I noticed that in GT5:P demo (don't have the game itself) the wind noise was toned down from GT4?

I've always kinda liked the wind noise - it's a very definite cue as to how fast you're going (totally absent from Forza).

Yeah, I was first "blown away" (groan) by the wind noise in GT4. I haven't even noticed it by comparison in GT5P. It's definitely a positive point for realism and sense of speed, though.

It's true that it is relative to the speed! But I can't in all honesty believe that the wind noise would drown out the sound of a Ferrari engine at full chat!
I defy anyone to say that, that would be so!

Neil

Ya i wuz kind of disappointed with the lack of fart sfx. Drivers aren't perfect y'know?

But seriously, I like the wind. One of the few things that gives GT an exhilarating sense of speed.

I dont get some people, it is a driving simulator not a wind sound simulator, maybe if it was of hurricane type volumes there would be a small problem but I don't think it is. And by the way who cares, its wind and wind gets loud when you drive fast.

Simple solution.. compare it to real life. Wind and road noise drowns out the sound of my Mazda's engine at around 90-100mph. Double that, and you wouldn't be able to hear yourself think.

And if you think about it some more, driving at 60mph feel the wind resistance with your hand out the window, at 200mph your arm would snap back and probably be useless (please do not try this). So if at 200mph the wind resistance is strong enough to break your arm like that, do you think that the volume wind at that would be a gentle breeze or of ghail (sp?) force proportions?

Simple solution.. compare it to real life. Wind and road noise drowns out the sound of my Mazda's engine at around 90-100mph. Double that, and you wouldn't be able to hear yourself think.

agreed..... regardless of the slickness of a cars shape the window seals etc are being sucked out at those speeds..... i have been in a supra turbo at about 250kph and the wind noise was LOUD!

over 300kph??? i couldnt imagine how loud it would be....

but having said that i think it would be nice to have individual volume controls for engine/tyres/wind etc so it can be tailored to all our own preferences!! :) that sounds like the easiest way to settle the complaint.

it is loud, but i think its realistic. just drive down your hwy at 60+ mph... lots of wind noise

I don't think anyone has pointed this out yet; are the windows opened or closed on the cars? If they are open, wind noise should be brutal. But, if they are closed, exterior noise should be muffled, other than engine note.

When driving at highway speeds, I hear the drone of my engine. But, if I open my moon roof even, the engine is drowned out by wind.

If you are using a view outside of the car (bumper, hood, or balloon hanging out the trunk (noOb) view), then obviously wind noise should be prevalent. If you're using the in car view, then wind noise (as engine noise) should be much lower in volume.

i hate the overly laud wind noise also. i use arura bass shakers on my racebase cockpit for added simmulation and they work very well, except with the wind noise at high speed

Back