Wind noise

• Thread starter Tyre King
  • 35 comments
Does anyone else consider that the wind noise is overly loud in GT5P?

I am a little upset that even when driving the F430, in which the engine note is almost perfect and the body is as aerodynamically slippery as a greasy fish, once I get up to speed on the Daytona circuit I can barely hear the engine for the wind noise!

I know it has to be there for drafting purposes, but if I had paid $173-200K for a car like this, only to not be able to hear myself think let alone hear the engine, I'd be PI$$ED!:grumpy:

I hope they sort it in the full game!:ill:

Neil
If that's your only complaint in life, then I'd say you've got it on Easy Street.

Daft how a simple comment suddenly gets stomped on from a great height!
:indiff:
Neil

you see, he has a point. but after a few minutes i think most people got this in the wrong way and think you're an xbot dissing the game. i know neil ever since the first days of WRS, and i know he is only saying this in the specific GT5Prologue forum because it's the only place where he can see if anybody else agrees or disagrees.

god, if this forum was only to praise the game in every level, it would be kind of boring. i'm all for constructive discussions, even if it's minor stuff.

is this a major flaw in gameplay? no, off course not. but, does he have a point?

i suggested in other thread, when people were complaing about tire sounds. it's not about the samples recorded, it's about sound levels. most games have a setting that you can adjust engine noise, SFX, ambience all individually. such option would please everybody because if you think it's wrong you just turn down the volume.

am i worried about the wind noise?

no, but i know for a fact that we would all enjoy if they had an option to adjust engine, ambience and SFX separately in the options menu. more options are always welcomed.

I think the wind noise is very realistic, when bombing round Daytona at about 100+ it would sound like that!.. when you go into the slipstream of a car the way it suddenly cuts out it quite cool then when you pull out you get hit by this wall of air!, they should have buffering effects!

Robin

I take it the level of wind noise is pretty different depending on whether you're using the in-car / external cameras?

Well, if you want to look at it that way, aren't there MUCH more important than sitting here reading this post :dunce:

That makes you look really smart, considering you're the one who came in here to be a condescending prick in the first place.

Latest Posts

Back