Winding Road: New K.I.T.T. is Shelby GT500KR

  • Thread starter Thread starter Leonidae
  • 75 comments
  • 4,430 views
C6 Corvette? Blue Devil version? How about that prototype Saleen?

Oh, holycowwhatdidyousay?

Yes, the C6, would look AWESOME!!! Considering that Saleen isnt' even past the clay model stage, yet, I doubt it's even in the running.

However, stopping and thinking about it, the Shelby may have been chosen for durability reasons: It's gonna have to hold up to jumps, drifts, all kinds of abuse. Most of the stunt cars will be dolled up regular GTs, I'll bet. You know, something you can afford to crash.

the C6 would still look awesome.
 
If Bond can go to BMW, Michael Knight can go to a Ford.
Especially seeing as a Vette, with its FRP body would be shedding bits on each and every jump.

While I'm a Ford guy, I have to say Found on Road Dead is a misnomer as most cars and trucks found on the side of road 'round here have blue symbols on them, but they are not ovals....
 
I vote for a C6 Z06 with the strobe in the vent thats on the hood.
 
Wow, that actually makes a supidly good amount of sense. Probably a good reason why NBC/Universal wasn't able to figure it out...
 
A ZO6 doesn't make sense either as KITT. The only car on the planet that makes perfect sense is a damned Trans-Am. I don't care if they take the new Camaro and fab-up some fake Trans-Am panels either. A Vette and Mustang should NOT be KITT--regardless of performance and what company they come from.
 
Gil
If Bond can go to BMW, Michael Knight can go to a Ford.
Especially seeing as a Vette, with its FRP body would be shedding bits on each and every jump.

While I'm a Ford guy, I have to say Found on Road Dead is a misnomer as most cars and trucks found on the side of road 'round here have blue symbols on them, but they are not ovals....

While that may be true, that doesn't exclude the fact the GT500's near 4,000lb. body won't be doing it much good either.
 
A Vette and Mustang should NOT be KITT--regardless of performance and what company they come from.

Lest one forget that KITT was a 1957 Chevrolet Bel-Air in the movie Knight Rider 2000...
 
Dead on Arrival!

nup_113130_0067.jpg


http://www.autoblog.com/2007/12/12/nbc-officially-announces-knight-rider-new-k-i-t-t-unveiled/

I just threw up violently.
 
This is probably how it went down:

- Oh, man. We are all out of ideas for a new show. What do we do?

- How about resurrecting a classic show. We'll just rip it off!

- Knight Rider it is! But wait, we need a car, but Pontiac isn't pony up the $$$ for using their discontinued used car....

- We shopped around, and Ford/Shelby will give us most $$$ and support!

---------------------------------------

I think this show is created by a bunch of lazy people with lame ideas. The car picked the show, and not the other way around. I'd be really surprised, if this show becomes a hit.
 
Seems they got rid of the Viper stripes, thank god!
 
Seems they got rid of the Viper stripes, thank god!

Haven't Mustangs used 'Viper' stripes since the year zero? In fact, they tend to be refered to as 'Le Mans stripes'.
 
I mean that the original image had the Mustang with silver 'le mans' stripes, whereas the original K.I.T.T was just all black.
While I don't agree with a new K.I.T.T being a Mustang/Ford, at least they seem to be going back to all black like the Pontiac.
 
What is with the Ricer wing and bodykit? there'd better be weaponry hiding in there...
 
What is with the Ricer wing and bodykit? there'd better be weaponry hiding in there...

KITT can "transform" kinda similar to how that Viper could on the show, eh, Viper. There is the "regular" one, a fast "persuit" one, and then there is supposed to be some kind of weapon one too. That is, if I understood the press release correctly...
 
Meh, Firebird KITT was cooler...
 
Meh, Firebird KITT was cooler...

Agree.

I'm gonna guess the 2nd higher rear wing might have an up and down moving mechanism for a super persuit mode. William Daniels for teh voice!
 
I recently found these photoshops on a Camaro forum. They look very cool!

camaro-kitt-3.gif


kittversion2.gif


KITT20Camaro202.jpg


KITT20Camaro1.jpg
 
Agree.

I'm gonna guess the 2nd higher rear wing might have an up and down moving mechanism for a super persuit mode. William Daniels for teh voice!

I wish the original voice was back...William Daniels. Instead its this stupid boke:

The voice of KITT will also be none other than Will Arnett, husband of Saturday Night Live's Amy Poehler and ex-alum of the TV show Arrested Development.
 
I wish the original voice was back...William Daniels. Instead its this stupid boke:

Oh god. This dude as KITT? Hell no. His voice is too used doing "humor" roles. 👎
 
:( NBC are ruining it.
 
Must have to do with the writer's strike....

Those camaro concepts are perfect for the role. much better than the GT500.
 
Will Arnett?


Yeah, not the best choice. But I'm willing to give it a chance, maybe KITT will have a sense of humor?
 
Oh bring back the original, for moments like this:



Heck, even KARR had a better voice than this Arnett guy.
 
Heck, even the character "Car" from the Saturday morning Disney cartoon "The Replacements" would be a better fit...

EDIT: Apparently, that voice actor is some David McCallum guy...
 
I thought about watching it even though it will be a train wreck in progress but since they're going to use Arnett they instead should all be shot... oh and I won't be watching it either. xD
 
In the year 2000...

NBC tries to bring back the television series: Knight Rider. It fails harder than a drunk David Hasselhoff.
 
Let's see, Incorrect details, poor voice acting, probably a bad plot...

starting to sound like a recent Sonic game.
 
Back