Winning Chili Pepper Races

• Thread starter dabz343
  • 33 comments

dabz343

(Banned)
United States
United States
dabz343
Now that we are getting some 'spicy' races with 1.40, how are you winning?

I tried the one at Monza. First with a Radical SR3, which did not produce results. It was fun, but the Radical lacked top end, best was a P3 finish with a clean bonus. So next up was my trusted AMG GT Black '20. On RH with max PP just under the 700PP reg. Easily won by 5 sec. Tried again on RM and won comfortably by 7secs. Gave RS a shot, but no luck. P2 with a gap of 2sec.

I know, it's asking a lot for folks to make a connection to the 'Chili' in the title...
Oh, I guess you didn't watch the stream from a this summers Championship race. I thought that was what you were referencing. Never mind.

I went sure thing mode with the LM 55 group 1 car for the 900 events. Got smoked on my first clubman event and quit on lap 2. I’ll have to try again later. A lot of content to sift through. Something else caught my attention and I moved on.

I've only done the new Daytona race for Gr. cars....you can't really escape the chasing pack due to the slipstream but the Dodge Viper fully tuned can do the job. I had to defend for the back end of each lap by hugging the inside but on the first straight and corner the Viper can pull away to a 1.5 sec lead.

The night race at Mt Panorama is going to be HARD....visibility is not the best and the AI are QUICK.

I'm keen to hear more experiences on these races and what cars/settings people use.

I've only done the new Daytona race for Gr. cars....you can't really escape the chasing pack due to the slipstream but the Dodge Viper fully tuned can do the job. I had to defend for the back end of each lap by hugging the inside but on the first straight and corner the Viper can pull away to a 1.5 sec lead.

The night race at Mt Panorama is going to be HARD....visibility is not the best and the AI are QUICK.

I'm keen to hear more experiences on these races and what cars/settings people use.
Are you talking about the GT Cup Gr.3 races? They're BoP so no tuning. I was wondering what you're referring to.

As per GT-Engine the old Nissan Skyline is supposed to be the fastest on the straights at Daytona but I struggled and in the end chose the Suzuki VGT because it's the meta car for the next Nations Cup race. I guess the Ford GT will also be good enough.

Mt Panorama was a pain due to the stupid computer drivers (since Sophy is introduced for quick races you can't call the normal computer players 'AI' anymore). They're braking completely maliciously on the mountain, in lobbies you'd get banned for this kind of brake checking :D
The opponents drive a low A/high B pace if you just look at lap times and compare it to sport mode. After completing circuit experience you should be prepared to win the race :)
I drive the AMG since I used it back when this race was in Daily Races (Race B, 5 laps). It's very agile on the mountain and has okay-ish top speed, though somewhat slower than the Corvette and Ford GT.

Mt Panorama was a pain due to the stupid computer drivers (since Sophy is introduced for quick races you can't call the normal computer players 'AI' anymore). They're braking completely maliciously on the mountain, in lobbies you'd get banned for this kind of brake checking :D
The opponents drive a low A/high B pace if you just look at lap times and compare it to sport mode. After completing circuit experience you should be prepared to win the race :)
I drive the AMG since I used it back when this race was in Daily Races (Race B, 5 laps). It's very agile on the mountain and has okay-ish top speed, though somewhat slower than the Corvette and Ford GT.
I am usually high B or low A DR so I confirm this difficulty guestimate! My first couple tries were with the new AMG but I couldn't do place better than 5th. With a cleaner attempt I managed to win with the 2018 GTR with fuel map 1 and shifting at 3/4 red bar. This race is a lot of fun.

The 600pp and 700pp races I used a detuned Mclaren f1. Felt like a cheat code tbh.

The Daytona tri-oval was easy enough with the white Ford GT car. Just hug the inside yellow line for all 7 laps and you should finish over a second ahead of the pack.

Last edited:
Just did Monza in a PP699.xx Focus RS. Won with a CRB by 2.5 seconds after taking the lead at the end of L3. CTR and that green E30 M3 completed the top three.

Last edited:
The GT3 Red Bull race was good! The weather map before the race worked also so that was cool.Starting in 1st shocked me.. but I was under pressure the whole race it was good!

Just a quick question before the last update the Gr.3 races were 730pp now i see they are no limit pp is this the case for all the original Gr.3 races, I done the Daytona Road race last night in the Subaru Brz and got smoked.

All chili pepper races are are ai cheating events. I call them chili cheaters. Literally all they do is give the ai cheating artificial horsepower to beat you. Pd the master trolls are masterfully trolling again with these chili cheaters. Speed does not matter the ai WILL always rubberband to you

All chili pepper races are are ai cheating events. I call them chili cheaters. Literally all they do is give the ai cheating artificial horsepower to beat you. Pd the master trolls are masterfully trolling again with these chili cheaters. Speed does not matter the ai WILL always rubberband to you
they are just a little bit more difficult and you have to actually put some efford in it??
They are just normally winnable just like the others, just less room for mistakes

Speed does not matter the ai WILL always rubberband to you
That is strictly not true.
I have not seen any chili AI reaching 31 laps on Lake Maggiore for example, which it should do with your reasoning.
The AI is simply speaking very different in its own speed, sometimes faster and sometimes slower.

I noticed in the Clubman Cup+ chili races, the event description states the cars are “characterful tuned” or something of that nature. I’d say that’s pretty telling considering how difficult they can be. Not sure about the other events though. I’ll have to look next time I’m on.

They are not cheating events, they just take a bit of setup and strategy...and that's why this thread was created -- to help others and also learn different and interesting ways to get that victory.

Git gut.

And feel free to poo on me if you can't handle the honest feedback.

It's definitely not a matter of opinion that there's a ton of rubberbanding or something else fishy going on. Numbers don't lie.

A friend of mine drove the 700PP Fuji race, his fastest lap was a 1'40,6 and the rest in the 1'42s, and he won it with the Hard difficulty. On the other hand I went with the Normal difficulty, drove a 1'40,7 opening lap and all the rest in the mid to high 1'38s, and won by seven seconds. You don't exactly need a degree in maths to figure that something isn't right when one guy drives a ~15 seconds faster race yet still wins with only half of that difference while on an easier difficulty.

And there's very little doubt about the AI cheating on car specs. I was on RH tyres while the fastest opponents were on RS, but managed to keep up on the straight too which means that they had a power to weight ratio comparable to mine. Putting softs on my car would raise it to nearly 730PP which certainly looks like how some of the AI perform when not being their own stupid selves.

Last edited:
I think a lot of people are not really understanding what Sophy is supposed to be doing. Its not supposed to be the hardest of the hard. Lets be for real, most people would hate that. Word to Mr. The game is cheating. Its supposed to react more like a real person vs the choo choo train we're used to. Eventually, it will get to a point where it'll be a challenge. Right now its about behavior. From what I understand.

It's definitely not a matter of opinion that there's a ton of rubberbanding or something else fishy going on. Numbers don't lie.

A friend of mine drove the 700PP Fuji race, his fastest lap was a 1'40,6 and the rest in the 1'42s, and he won it with the Hard difficulty. On the other hand I went with the Normal difficulty, drove a 1'40,7 opening lap and all the rest in the mid to high 1'38s, and won by seven seconds. You don't exactly need a degree in maths to figure that something isn't right when one guy drives a ~15 seconds faster race yet still wins with only half of that difference while on an easier difficulty.

And there's very little doubt about the AI cheating on car specs. I was on RH tyres while the fastest opponents were on RS, but managed to keep up on the straight too which means that they had a power to weight ratio comparable to mine. Putting softs on my car would raise it to nearly 730PP which certainly looks like how some of the AI perform when not being their own stupid selves.
I was always thinking that changing difficulty doesn't work in the chili pepper races and the difficulty always stays the same in those races...

I think a lot of people are not really understanding what Sophy is supposed to be doing. Its not supposed to be the hardest of the hard. Lets be for real, most people would hate that. Word to Mr. The game is cheating. Its supposed to react more like a real person vs the choo choo train we're used to. Eventually, it will get to a point where it'll be a challenge. Right now its about behavior. From what I understand.
I think you aren't understanding that Sophy isn't even used in the chili events. It's the same old AI just cranked up to drive harder than usual, which is good because in just about every other race it's basically idling around.
I was always thinking that changing difficulty doesn't work in the chili pepper races and the difficulty always stays the same in those races...
Should that be the case, either I would have won by some 20 seconds, or my friend would have lost by around ten. Whether it's plain rubberbanding or somehow scaling to the player's speed, I don't know, but something is certainly happening behind the scenes.

Should that be the case, either I would have won by some 20 seconds, or my friend would have lost by around ten. Whether it's plain rubberbanding or somehow scaling to the player's speed, I don't know, but something is certainly happening behind the scenes.
Was only the second-placed car closer to you? What about the others? In the Clubman Cup Plus races, you get different opponents every time, and because they're tuned road cars, their pace varies a lot. Things like wind direction also play a part.

It could be rubber banding, but you would need to exhaust all other variables before coming to that conclusion.

I think they have a higher PP limit than we have, but even so, they also drive better than non-chilli AI does. They'll dive down the inside if you leave the door open, for example.

Was only the second-placed car closer to you? What about the others? In the Clubman Cup Plus races, you get different opponents every time, and because they're tuned road cars, their pace varies a lot. Things like wind direction also play a part.

It could be rubber banding, but you would need to exhaust all other variables before coming to that conclusion.

I think they have a higher PP limit than we have, but even so, they also drive better than non-chilli AI does. They'll dive down the inside if you leave the door open, for example.
I don't think its rubber banding, necessarily. I think the AI opponents just have a significantly higher PP than we are limited to. I just did the Fuji one and it was pretty infuriating. I first tried it with a slower car that had higher cornering speed (GT300 BRZ) and got 10+ seconds put on me on the main straight every lap that I couldn't claw back in the corners. Then I tried it with a downtuned Chiron on RH tires. That was fast enough (barely!) to outrun the R32 Nismo on the straights, but it was really hard to stay with them through the corners. What is especially infuriating about this race is that the AI will dive bomb you, even if it means ****ing up their own line (seriously, one of the R32's dive bombed me so hard they went off into the runoff and spun out because I didn't turn in to bounce them back onto the tarmac), at basically every corner...which made my blood boil on Fuji with the Chiron, especially, because that car understeers quite a bit AND every corner at Fuji has an extremely late apex. If you try to actually run the racing line and hit that late apex, the AI cars will just run up the inside with their superior grip and shove you off the line. I eventually beat it by pit manuevering the two R32s on the main street and ramming the CTR3 off the course. It wasn't pretty, but I was determined to actually kill those AI opponents by the end of it.

I did do a weird custom race at Tokyo East in my RE Amemiya RX-7 with the other competitors set to "intermediate". Two of the opponents were those 1000hp Ford Mavericks. Fine, I figure they will be fast on the straights but slow in the corners. It was a 25 min. timed race. It went about how I expected it, and while lapping somewhere around 2:12 I handily got out front and with 3 laps to go, both Mavericks pitted. I was around 5-10 seconds ahead of them at this point. Weird thing is, though, is that they turned in back to back 2:05 laps after their pit and one of them ended up finishing just 7 seconds behind me. My pace did not slow. I'm not sure if that was rubber banding or what, but it didn't feel natural.

Last edited:
Weird thing is, though, is that they turned in back to back 2:05 laps after their pit and one of them ended up finishing just 7 seconds behind me. My pace did not slow. I'm not sure if that was rubber banding or what, but it didn't feel natural.
That's the kind of rubberbanding GT7 does. The AI doesn't optimise its lap times in order to let you catch up, and then once you catch up it starts going harder. I often find I'll take seconds a lap out of the leading cars until I pass them, then they'll stay a second or two behind me for the rest of the race.

Often, when you watch the replay of a non-chilli race, you'll notice that the AI doesn't go full-throttle when it should.

In the chilli races, I don't think there is rubberbanding. I agree with you that they just have faster cars than we do.

Back