WipEout HD/Fury

• Thread starter Havok_
  • 849 comments
1080p check
5.1 for some good Trance music check
Ok I am ready.. when is this game coming out in US?

I'm pretty excited, it seems like we've been waiting forever for a release. 1080p and 60fps should make it a surreal experience.

I was hoping for a $14.99 price point but at $19.99 I won't complain.

19.99 is reasonable i think, at least it's not PAIN where you have to buy everything separatley :(

I dont know much about this game. One of these games came out for the PSone, right?
I remember playing something really similar at my friend's house years ago.

IGN gave it a 9.2.... very impressive for a PSN game, although I feel they are holding content back for DLC so what seems like a good deal game will eventually turn into the price of a full title!

Robin

In the wipeout series it's pretty tame for the first beginner classes, but when you get to phantom class, it's a beast of a game. A very good challenge for anyone. Trophy support, online racing, time trials, and Zone mode.i am counting the hours until wipeout. This game will be EPIC.

Anyone else ridiculously excited about this game?

This GT and Final Fantasy are probably my best playstation memories!

I am.

Can't wait until tomorrow, Wipeout in full 1080P 60 FPS, its going to be insane.

👍

Scaff

I am.

Can't wait until tomorrow, Wipeout in full 1080P 60 FPS, its going to be insane.

👍

Scaff

My only problem is that now I am at uni I am unable to play online but too be honest I just can't wait to play this game.

have permission from my tutor to come in to the lab and hook up the ps3 just to download this!!

(I am doing a games programming course and they want to see the game as much as me)

Yep, downloading now(50%) can't wait to play this in 1080p. I played the PS1 games and loved them. I never got around to play the PSP and the one PS2 game though.

Ok so I had a sample of online and managed to even get 2 trophies offline. The game is simply amazing. Visuals are great. Zone mode is cool as with its effects. The game handles more like wipeout pulse than wipeout pure. Ships are a little harder to steer. Online is great fun. 0 lag. I feel like I got more than my moneys worth.

i hate you all!!!:P i have to wait until 5pm US (east coast) time until the PS Store uploads new material :( anyways i will be online as soon as it's done DL'ing. This and Burnout Paradise are going to make my trophy collection even shinier!

oh yeah if someone could add some pics from the in-game photo mode that would be cool, we all could share in posting our own pics.

The jpeg's are saved in 1920x1080 but I've reduced them to 800.

Loving the game and had no problems installing or playing it.👍

whd0yy1.jpg

whd2wa8.jpg

whd4ds0.jpg

whd1rl3.jpg

whd9wc7.jpg

whd11rw1.jpg

oh yeah if someone could add some pics from the in-game photo mode that would be cool, we all could share in posting our own pics.

No problem at all

wohd20080925203205jpgcs7.jpg

wohd20080925210838ml4.jpg

wohd20080925211143qa7.jpg

More to follow.

Scaff

Last edited:
Downloading right now :)

Grr. I hope I dont run into any problems or I'm jumping ship to Fatal Inertia j/k....

Last edited:
If any of you experience any lock ups, sign out of the PSN and it'll work fine. Mine has this issue, hopefully they resolve it soon, game is ace.

I am delighted, I really do believe that this is the best £12 I have ever spent. I know it is made up of the psp games but it really is a delight to play and stunning as you can see from the pictures above.

Apparently the issue is due to the change in friends list from 50 to 100 people so the lock ups occur if you have over 50 friends in your friends list.

So you have the option of playing offline or deleting a few friends for a while!

I agree entirely I have both pure and pulse and Wip3out and 2097 and the original!

Alas a copy of fusion is the only one missing!

I agree entirely I have both pure and pulse and Wip3out and 2097 and the original!

Alas a copy of fusion is the only one missing!

Fusion is the only one I have.

Gamespots review is skeptical. Their negative is my positive. It got a lower score because the say the tracks have appeared before. I'm sure many PS3 owners have not played the two psp wipeout games.

Fusion is the only one I have.

Gamespots review is skeptical. Their negative is my positive. It got a lower score because the say the tracks have appeared before. I'm sure many PS3 owners have not played the two psp wipeout games.

Yes I agree, the last one I played was "Wip3out" so I don't know these tracks at all. To be honest, I'm not sure they're quite on the level of 2097 tracks but nevertheless they're still brilliantly designed.
Anyway, loving the game so far - amazing value for £11.99 👍
The custom soundtrack thing is a good feature too - I transferred the Wipeout 2097 soundtrack to my playlist so I can bomb around to Firestarter, just like old times :dopey:

Back