• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 5 comments

JohnBM01

20 years!
Premium
United States
Houston, Texas, USA
JMarine25
If you think the Women's National Basketball Association is an afterthought or just not as good as the NBA, think again. Women's basketball of late has taken off and has become intriguing to watch. Tonight's WNBA Draft has motivated me to at least show some love for the ladies of the WNBA for this season. The Indiana Fever and the Los Angeles Sparks will have some of the first WNBA Draft picks. On the collegiate front, Caitlin Clark of the University of Iowa will likely be one of the top talents to join the WNBA.

Here are the 2023 WNBA Regular Season standings:

! = Playoff team

--- 2023 WNBA Standings (End of Regular Season) ---
  • Las Vegas! (34-6)
  • New York! (32-8)
  • Connecticut! (27-13)
  • Dallas! (22-18)
  • Atlanta!, Minnesota!, and Washington! (19-21 each)
  • Chicago! (18-22)
  • Los Angeles (17-23)
  • Indiana (13-27)
  • Seattle (11-29)
  • Phoenix (9-31)

The team to beat is the Las Vegas Aces. They are the two-time defending WNBA Champions at present. I still miss my Houston Comets, but that's another story.

The 2024 WNBA Preseason begins May 3 and goes through May 11. The regular season for the 2024 WNBA season starts on May 14 and goes into mid-late September. Don't forget 2024 is a Summer Olympics year, so some WNBA players may go play for Team USA in the 2024 Paris Olympics.

If you are inclined to discuss the WNBA for this season, here is your home to discuss this WNBA season. Enjoy the 2024 WNBA season, GTPlanet!

After 16 seasons of service, Candace Parker is hanging it up announcing her retirement. She had some great moments in the WNBA, including dunking the ball in games. All the best to Candace Parker in her retirement.

Heads up!

The WNBA Preseason is going on right now! Time for the ladies of the hardwood to get prepped and primed for the 2024 WNBA season.

The 2024 WNBA season tips off TONIGHT!

Let's see how the teams of the WNBA begin this new season. These ladies know how to play some hard basketball, so get ready for some fabulous hoops this season. Of course... there is a certain Caitlin who has a lot to prove. Enjoy the 2024 WNBA season!

OFF-TOPIC: I learned Caitlin Clark is one of my January births! She's an Aquarius, though, born January 22. I'm a January Capricorn (January 15). Caitlin Clark is also my height- 6'0".

Caitlin Clark has played five games so far this season. So how has the Iowa [Lady] Hawkeye fared in the NBA so far? Well, Caitlin Clark is producing, but her team still stinks. The Indiana Fever are one of two teams currently winless on the 2024 WNBA season (Washington Mystics the other at 0-4). Caitlin Clark is averaging 17.8 points per game, 4.6 rebounds, 5.8 assists, and 0.6 steals so far this season. The most points she scored in a game was 22 at the NY Liberty, and the fewest points in a game for her was 9 vs. the NY Liberty. Three times she scored 20 or more points in a game. So far, so rough for the Fever with Caitlin Clark. Charles Barkley suggested that people should be thanking Caitlin Clark for getting people to even be interested in the WNBA. The Fever's next game is at the LA Sparks tomorrow night.

Elsewhere, two new franchises will join the WNBA in the future. It was recently announced there will be a Golden State Valkyries and now a new Toronto WNBA team. These are respectively the 13th and 14th teams to join the WNBA. The Golden State WNBA team will debut in 2025. The Toronto WNBA team will debut in 2026. I still want the Houston Comets to return, but that's another story.

Right now, it is the first professional match between Angel Reese and Caitlin Clark in the WNBA. The Chicago Sky are at the Indiana Fever. It should be interesting to see which women's college hoops superstar performs better. Chicago is 3-3, and Indiana is 1-8. And right now, it is 16-10, Indiana with 3:00 left in the first quarter.

Back