Wondering what car to buy? Try the GT4 Car Database

• Thread starter Famine
  • 115 comments
Yeah, there or thereabouts.

Enough persistance will get you a gold. GT4S16 makes GT3S8 look like a walk in the park though - and I had the famous 2.5 second lower PAL Gold threshold for that...

Well, I drove PAL, and with DS2 it took me quite some tries to get bronze. After I used wheel I got gold in 2nd attempt in S8 license with quite some time to spare actually.

And I would like to ask, if you intend to do (update current) same list for PAL?

that's really cool. should help me a lot in selecting a good car.

I'm not sure what to search for, but does anyone have like a database of of the used car lot with colours/models/price/and day available and whether it's 100% unique to used car lot and that day?

vipersan - yes.

ixnay - I posted one last night for the first 20 Used Car lists. But the thread hasn't appeared yet as it's awaiting moderator verification.

Not trying to compete or anything but I've started working on a Used Car List as well -- probably won't be as good as your Famine ;) ... but it'll be nice to have a couple sources for this info I think ... I only have a couple weeks since I just started to work on setting everything up a day or two ago. It can currently be seen on my website under GT4 Info -> Used Car list :) Still a work in progress ...

The only license in GT4 which i would actual bother getting golds in will be the Special License as it is the only way of getting the Model T Ford! That Sucks realy, all the other cars their is an alternative to getting the car but only way of getting Model T Ford is All golds on S license :grumpy: I know it is not much of a car, its the history more than anything which makes it so famous! Of course it is going to take me a long time on deciding which colour to have it in! :lol:

80/0/0 👍 :drool: :bowdown: :cheers: There you go Famine, my decription of your license grades!

Famine

Enough persistance will get you a gold. GT4S16 makes GT3S8 look like a walk in the park though - and I had the famous 2.5 second lower PAL Gold threshold for that...

Just tried it again today (The GT3S8 one, also PAL version). I already had gold on that one (after practising 6 days on it), so it wouldn't hurt would it?

Damn, best time I get after one hour trying and trying was 1.28.433. :scared: Strangest thing is my ghost is miles ahead of the demo one, but just at the 2 last corners the demo one catches the ghost one and finishes 0.700 ahead of it. (On side note, it's three years since I last took the test. I have the habit to save the game to a seperate file on a second memory card after I get all the golds. So when I restart, I can start right away with the game.) :dopey:

Damn, hope I can do the GT4S16 in less then six days. (for gold, of course)

Famine

Well, GT3S8 was a walk in the park for both PAL and US. I still went nearly two seconds quicker than what was needed for PAL gold.

So, GT4S16 is the hardest test, huh? I'm ready for it. I saw the video of the guy who got a time 5 seconds, or so, quicker than the gold time and I studied his technique. I noticed you don't need to slow down for a few of the turns that the AI indicates (gear number flashy thing).

how can u sort this on excel? that is the only feaure i like about jkrobbys. his power is in PS, so thats a problem for me, thats why i like this one. and why are ure car prices with dots? is that supposed to be a comma or what. so 50.000 is 50 thousand right??

thank u

Anyone have an Excel spreadsheet of the full car list in US Measurements (LBS, HP) that also includes engine/drivetrain configuration (FF, FR, MR, 4WD).

Thanks,
Bill

1stplaceGT
how can u sort this on excel? that is the only feaure i like about jkrobbys. his power is in PS, so thats a problem for me, thats why i like this one. and why are ure car prices with dots? is that supposed to be a comma or what. so 50.000 is 50 thousand right??

thank u

Never saw this. But I'll respond now.

Look at the top. The meaning of each column is explained at the top of it. Since this is a guide based on the Japanese cars, the "price" column says "mcr", for "million credits". 50.000 mcr = 50,000,000cr.

If I were to rewrite the list for "Western" versions (NTSC/NA and PAL), which I may yet do, I'd probably put it in "kilo-credits", so it'd still have "dots" in it - or "decimal points" as they're known - as mathematical operators.

Japanese car list. Don't forget the Protoworks Spirra. Or the Peugeot 905. Or the...

You get the picture.

I've not put a PAL list together yet, because there is some disparity and I want to have all the used cars chronicled first.

Famine
Mitsubishi sell 350hp and 400hp versions of their EvoVIII - and they aren't bothering to say "280PS". Hell, they're even called "FQ-350" and "FQ-400"...

Very small thing..
They don't sell, and have never sold, an FQ-350. FQ-340, though, is for sale in the UK (still with the IX).

In Japan, all cars are still rated at maximum 276 bhp, but in the UK, there's no point.

I hate to seem like a jerk, I just don't like confusions and misspellings.. :)

Very, very good thread/tool! Love it! 👍

EDIT: Terribly sorry for bumping an old thread like this, I found it through some FAQ's and assumed it was a sticky. Which it should be, IMO. 👍

No, you're quite right. I meant 340 but got confused. Or drunk. One or the other. Hell if I know.

Until relatively recently, UK versions of the Subaru Impreza were significantly down on power compared to Japanese versions, and the 3000GT (GTO) and Skyline were always posted in the UK-press as 280hp (or 276hp by the ones who weren't totally stupid). Mitsubishi were the first to really trample on this with the FQ models.

I do actually have a PAL version of this list now. I just need to find where I saved it and then upload it, so thanks for the reminder.

I've taken Famine's database and tweaked it a bit. First of all, it now reflects the NA/NTSC version with all 721 cars (I believe). Second, it is completely sortable. It contains the following fields:
Country, Make, Source, Availability, Year, Cost, Drivetrain, Cylinders, Displacement, Power, Torque, Mass, Length, and PWR.
The only problem is that I'm only adding data as I can verify it from my own progress through the game, which means that there are quite a few used cars and prize cars for which there is not yet complete information. For the used cars, you can get quite a bit of the information from the used car database that TornadoAlley is working on. However, on the off chance that it might be useful to someone, I'll post it and let you guys decide. I'm open to any suggestions/corrections. Enjoy :-)

Edit: Added some more cars from the used lots (v2)

Attachments

• GT4 Car Database v2.zip
    56.6 KB · Views: 74
Just a quick note: I've added a couple dozen cars from the used lots and some license tests (almost done with IB...). See my original post for the new version.

Cheers. Updated in post #1, along with my update including all of the B-Spec testing times.

Back